• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Experiencing God: A Lifelong Journey of Committment, by Frederick T. Blue

blueman

God's Warrior
[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]I recently had the pleasure of completing the 13-week course of study; Experiencing God, by Henry T. Blackaby and Claude V. King. This course helped transform my walk with God and opened my eyes to things I was previously oblivious to, or selfishly chose not to acknowledge as a born-again Christian. I have been saved for many years, that I am sure of, but I cannot honestly say that I’ve had a real and personal relationship with my Heavenly Father consistently in my Christian experience. God chose us to have a loving relationship with Him and this happened to be facilitated through the death and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Becoming saved is a matter of confession of mouth regarding our sin and need for Jesus to be Lord of our life and the belief in our hearts in what He did for us. Developing a relationship with God requires discipline, commitment and submission to God’s purpose. This represents a major distinction between becoming saved through the grace of God and developing a lifelong partnership with the “I Am” that extended that grace to us. [/font]

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]There are seven realities of this relationship with God that will be referenced later, but ask yourself these questions; Do I realize God’s work and activity in my life? Have I submitted to His will and purpose or my will and purpose? Is there recognition on my part when God speaks to me? If your responses to these questions are a resounding no, you may need to revisit your walk with the Father and determine if it has been more one-sided in regards to who has been faithful in this relationship. For me personally, I recognized that in order to please God and strengthen my relationship with Him, I had to submit to His will and purpose and not my own. [/font]

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]We tend to ask God to reveal His will for our lives, but the reality is that we need to align with the blueprint that God has laid out in His Word, even though it is may be in direct conflict with the goals we have for our education, career, relationships and family life. Jesus Christ serves as our primary example of the way God would like to have a relationship with us. As He agonized in the Garden of Gethsemane the night before his crucifixion, Christ asked His Father if the cup of death can be taken from Him, but not my will, but Your will be done (Mark 14:36). [/font]

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]The significance of this passage and the reason the reference to God’s will is underscored is the essence of a loving and committed relationship to Christ and God the Father is based upon. God will reveal His will through the Holy Spirit in His Word, through prayer, the body of Christ and in our life circumstances. The onus is upon us as Christians to follow the plan that God has laid out to accomplish His purpose. Trust me, God can accomplish His purpose when He wants, how He wants and wherever He wants, with or without our participation. But the sole fact that He loves you so much, that He desires to involve you in a God-like mission, should resonate through your mind, body and soul with everlasting joy![/font]

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Once you develop a real and personal relationship with God, your life will change dramatically and you will truly develop the peace of mind that surpasses all understanding. There is so much of God that He would like to reveal to you and as a result, you will be blessed abundantly and your life will be a blessing to others, both believers and non-believers alike. It is only fitting that this article ends with the seven realities of God, as identified in this wonderful course as follows:[/font]

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif](1) God is always at work around you.[/font]

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif](2) God pursues a continuing love relationship with you that is real and personal.[/font]

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif](3) God invites you to become involved with Him in His work.[/font]

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif](4) God speaks by the Holy Spirit through the Bible, prayer, circumstances and the church to reveal Himself, His Purposes and His ways.[/font]

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif](5) God’s invitation for you to work with Him always leads you to a crisis of belief that requires both faith and action.[/font]

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif](6) You must make major adjustments in your life to join God in what He is doing.[/font]

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif](7) You come to know God by experience as you obey Him and HE accomplishes His work through you. [/font]

[font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]Please remember that although this is a formal 13-week course[/font][font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif], it is a lifelong journey of commitment and submission to our Eternal Heavenly Father and Master of our life. [/font]