• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Experience while chanting Tapta Kanchana Gaurangi

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Namaste,

you maybe remember that I mentioned in another post that I had problems "connecting" with Radha. Now, there is something I changed, I started chanting "Tapta Kanchana Gaurangi" repeatedly, really slowly and attentively, and suddenly I felt "different". In a way, I felt that something in my mind responded, that in a way, "I was Radha", the way that some say "Aham Brahmasmi". Now, to make it clear, of course I am not Radha, but it was a weird experience, really hard to describe. Maybe I should place it in the Mysticism DIR.

Now, I am a bit clueless how to go on. I know that the Hare Krishnas, too, worship Radha-Krishna, but there is something duty-driven, something I would call "soldier-like", in it. I know it because I enjoyed that style of Krishna-worship very much before. Moreover, if I told them what I experienced, they might consider it a blasphemy because they believe in Achintya Bheda Abheda and I don't.

I apologize if I used inappropriate words, but I experienced things the way I did. I decided to step back and wait for two months if this feeling persists. I appreciate any helpful advice you can give me. Thanks for reading this.

ajay0

Namaste,

you maybe remember that I mentioned in another post that I had problems "connecting" with Radha. Now, there is something I changed, I started chanting "Tapta Kanchana Gaurangi" repeatedly, really slowly and attentively, and suddenly I felt "different". In a way, I felt that something in my mind responded, that in a way, "I was Radha", the way that some say "Aham Brahmasmi". Now, to make it clear, of course I am not Radha, but it was a weird experience, really hard to describe. Maybe I should place it in the Mysticism DIR.

Mantra chanting, in both Hinduism and Buddhism, have a way of expanding the consciousness.

The 'Radha' mantra , chanted in these times of Navratri or worship of the Goddess, may also have added significance. It could also have connections to a past life chanting experience. I hold Krishna and Radha as one and the same, with the mother goddess being more benevolent.

Hope these points may be useful.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Namaste,

Now, I am a bit clueless how to go on. I know that the Hare Krishnas, too, worship Radha-Krishna, but there is something duty-driven, something I would call "soldier-like", in it. I know it because I enjoyed that style of Krishna-worship very much before. Moreover, if I told them what I experienced, they might consider it a blasphemy because they believe in Achintya Bheda Abheda and I don't.

I apologize if I used inappropriate words, but I experienced things the way I did. I decided to step back and wait for two months if this feeling persists. I appreciate any helpful advice you can give me. Thanks for reading this.
Sirona,
1. Your post is not in appropriate in any way wherever you want to put it in Hinduism DIR. There is no need to go to any other DIR. You belong here.
2. Your post is culmination of bhakti, to become one with the deity. I am Lord Rama's friend (Sakha Bhava, friend to other Gods too, including Krishna). :D
3. Hare-Krishnas would be delighted with your experience. Even if you do not agree to what other things they preach, then too they would be happy about it.
I suppose even Chaitanya Mahaprabhu felt himself to be Radha in his love for Krishna.

ajay0

Namaste,

Brahman is pure consciousness. (Aitareya Upanishad 3.3 of the Rig Veda)

All these gods and goddesses are manifestation of Brahman or pure consciousness. So if these mantra chantings are creating a shift in consciousness, it is only but natural. Mantra chanting purifies the consciousness of its impurities and help bring it to its natural state.

Being in satsang or holy company and keeping off dussang also goes a long way in faster purification of the consciousness and bringing of auspiciousness into one's life.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Being in satsang or holy company and keeping off dussang also goes a long way in faster purification of the consciousness and bringing of auspiciousness into one's life.

I’m late to this, just bopping around and found it, only throwing my 2 cents...

My late father-in-law used to say “show me your friends and I’ll tell you who you are”. The more time you spend on good company the better a person you become.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"Guṇavat jana saṁsargāt yāti nīco’pi gauravam;
puṣpamālā prasaṅgena sūtraṁ śirasi dhāryate ll
"
Even the mean person comes to importance because of the conjunction with a virtuous man,
The thread lies on the head through the connection with a garland of flower.
The Thread and the Flower Garland – SNSKRT – Medium

But in the current context, it has become more of a promotional event of various gurus.

ajay0

I’m late to this, just bopping around and found it, only throwing my 2 cents...

My late father-in-law used to say “show me your friends and I’ll tell you who you are”. The more time you spend on good company the better a person you become.

Yes, this is true. Higher states of consciousness found in sages, saints and virtuous people are sources of auspiciousness while lower states of consciousness found in vicious people are sources of inauspiciousness.

I have found that being in satsang with a great sage or saint leads to quantum leaps in consciousness and corresponding auspiciousness, and such meetings have brought auspicious events in my life as well.

Practice of meditation, reading books of sages and saints, cultivating a virtuous nature also enables one to have satsang as well, by creating positive stimuli in mind.

Abiding in your own being is also holy company. - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Shantanu

No, satsang and other peoples views are sources of confusion to the mind: the proper way to know what is real is self-study. That will take a long time but it reveals the true nature of advaita.

ajay0

The ability to distinguish between satsang (holy company) and dussang ( negative company) is one of the crucial ingredients for success in the spiritual and even material life.

I have put a thread by Kabir on using critical examination as a tool to properly distinguish between genuine sages/saints and fraudsters/pseudoscholars.

Kabir on the need for critical examination to weed out the false and fraudulent...

This tool of critical examination taught by Kabir enables us to make use of satsang to bring wisdom and auspiciousness to one's life, and to keep off dussang and inauspiciousness.

The ability to be in satsang intelligently and keep off dussang likewise can help one design a life with better experiences, joy and success, and avoid a life of foolishness, unhappiness and failure.

ajay0

If the other Asura's had practiced critical examination of Virochana's deluded teaching that the body is the Self or Brahman , they could have escaped delusional thinking themselves and come to the path of truth. However this was not to be.

Delusional thinking perpetuates themselves through deluded teachers to the gullible followers.

Vibheeshana, through critical examination, was able to realize that his brother Ravana was at fault and joined Rama.

Those who use the tool of critical examination save themselves from delusion while the others plunge into greater delusion and ignorance.

Shantanu

The only way to save oneself from delusion is to surrender to God, and leave the future to Him. I know God exists and does His own thing that I am unconcerned about for I no longer pay any attention to Him but remain convinced that He exists and guides. That is all one needs to know to live a fruitful life. Nothing else.

ajay0

Through truthful conduct one gains the grace of God and through falsehood and fraud, one loses it.

Ravana was an ardent worshipper of God, but due to fraudulent conduct and character, lost the grace of God and ended up as a failure.

Shantanu

There is no need to try and gain the grace of God. Equally there is no point in worshipping God: God does not pay any attention to such devotional reverences. He merely sees if the person is following the truth path through truth accommodation (satya-advaita). If one loses the grace of God, so what? Why should you have any desires? And what business has God got to interfere in my life?