• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exodus was not in Egypt

Magus

We are still uncovering geographic names as data comes in, but I wouldn't count M-Tz-R-A-I-M in that list, since like Mohsen said that is what it is called today.

I don't care if there is a Heliopolis in Lebanon. I am sticking to the subject.

The subject is always Lebanon , I already explained that Mizraim means
'between two streams' , that is μέσο ῥόον ' Between Streams' .

This is a clue.

Joshua 11:8
And the LORD delivered them into the hand of Israel, who smote them, and chased them unto great Zidon, and unto Misrephothmaim, and unto the valley of Mizpeh eastward; and they smote them, until they left them none remaining

Valley - biq`ah
Misrephothmain ' πεδίων Μασσωχ (Between plains )

Genesis 25:20
Padan aram ( πεδίον ἁρμός ) ( Plain between Joints )

Greek Word Study Tool
Greek Word Study Tool
Greek Word Study Tool

The Septuagint version of Genesis 25:20 writes 'Syria-Mesopotamia' to distinguish it from the other Mesopotamia. ( between Rivers) and synonym with Mizraim (between streams )

Mizpeh - between mouths ( estuary )

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Right but this is post-Exodus/pre-Exodus.

Where does it say what two streams Egypt is between? How do you know?

Language is not my strong suit, but I think I am doing alright so far.

Magus

Right but this is post-Exodus/pre-Exodus.

Where does it say what two streams Egypt is between? How do you know?

Language is not my strong suit, but I think I am doing alright so far.

There is no Post or Pre , it is an annual occurrence of the charioteer plunging into the Mountains, causing the snow to melt into the streams thus watering the gardens of Eden.

Do you know who this God is ? It is the Jewish God, the charioteer, this was minted in the 4th century BCE in JERUSALEM
CaptureWiz1035.jpg

It matches the Biblical description of Yhve

Exodus 14:6
He made ready his Chariot

Psalms 104:3
Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his Chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind

2 Samuel 22:11
And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the wings of the wind.

2a8374a07ddbb25d34aa9c819b6b1ef1--art-google-portion.jpg

This is a Mosaic pavement of a Jewish Synagogue, the Charioteer in the Midst, that is
the original Judaism before it was engulfed by the Talmud.

1809784708.jpg

Last edited:

Mohsen

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Magus, if you want to seem credible - present evidence. What you are currently doing is playing a game of Chinese Whispers... with yourself.

Peace

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
In the 4th century BCE nobody even saw God did they? They were using a primitive interpretation of the Bible. That's what's so amazing about the Bible. People couldn't have understood what they were writing about, they just prove it by the kinds of things you mentioned, and then in modern times we have lots of people who still understand it in many different disciplines.

Magus

Don't we have a modern Charioteer God called Santa Claus?

All in the Language * without language they be no religion

The word 'Chariot ' from Latin CARRVS in Hebrew that is כְּרוּב ( ker·üv ) , the Hebrew word for Chariot is 'רְכוּב (Rek·üv )

P and K interchange between Hebrew and Greek, thus another Hebrew word for Chariot is אַפִּרְיוֹן ( Aprion ) , from the Greek πορεῖον ( Poreion) . from which we get words like 'Ferry. Port, Portable and Sport.

τρόχῳ ( Troxw ) means 'Wheel that would be the cognate of Rek·üv(רְכוּב) these words gave us Tractor, Train, Trek and Track.

The word Kuros means Sun , for it is cognate with ker·üv as well as κυρίου > 'Ker uv 'power of the sun ' .

K interchanges with P
Kuros > פַּרְעֹה ' Pharaoh , The Charioteer.

R interchanges with L and so Kur > Kul thus חַיִל ( Khul) (power) but also חוּל (Khul) meaning dancing, whirl , but also 'גַּלְגַּל' (Gal gal) meaning Wheel, and also the word wheel itself, 'Kwel ' .

Kvr > Gvr , thus גֶּבֶר ' Geber ' power ' thus Gabriel (גַּבְרִיאֵל) , which in Greek is ' κυρ ἡλίου ' ( 'power of the sun ) ' Kur > Her and H > K and thus Kur Kle > Herakles or Hercules 'Power of the sun' . ' Hercules = Gabriel ' .

K interchanges with P and so Khul > Phul > ' Apollon ' ( אַפִּרְיוֹן) Kh > H thus Khul(חוּל) >ἡλίου ( Hliou ) ' The Sun Kh interchanges with Sh, thus Khul(חוּל) > Sol 'The Sun '.

ἥλιον > עֶלְיוֹן ' The Most High' , with the prefix definite article , that is ὁ̂ ἡλίου > אל עליון > Al-Ilah > Allah الله

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Magus, if you want to seem credible - present evidence. What you are currently doing is playing a game of Chinese Whispers... with yourself.

Peace
I don't think you have anything new to add to your argument and I don't believe you. No one believes in Santa Claus. You are welcome to your beliefs. I am not going to play this game of charades any longer. Have a good day.

Mohsen

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
wtf? You and magus are the same person aren't ya? !!!

Last edited:

Tumah

Veteran Member
Trippy nonsense !!! :D is what it is... the OP doesn't seem to know that Mizr, is the ancient and still extant name for Egypt in the Middle East. In fact, Egyptians call their land in their native languages - Mizr... the a-im, at the end in Hebrew denote the suffix of respect! Mizra'im - Egypt, in modern day! :D

OP sorry to put a pin in that bubble, but it had to burst at some point!

Peace
The only time that the plural form is used for the singular to indicate respect is for G-d and only in two Names.

In Hebrew, the word mṣr means 'strait' or 'boundary'(the root means to constrict). The Hebrew aim at the end corresponds to the Arabic aan indicating duality. Plural is indicated with im (without the a). The Biblical name for Egypt is MiṢRaIM (where the capital letters indicate Hebrew letters and lowercase indicates diacritics). There are a number of theories about the name. If you take the meaning of the word mṣr then you get dual-strait or double-boundary. If you take the name as is, it means dual-Egypt which may have to do with the land being divided into an upper and lower region.

Not that I think the OP has any idea about what he's talking...

Magus

The only time that the plural form is used for the singular to indicate respect is for G-d and only in two Names.

In Hebrew, the word mṣr means 'strait' or 'boundary'(the root means to constrict). The Hebrew aim at the end corresponds to the Arabic aan indicating duality. Plural is indicated with im (without the a). The Biblical name for Egypt is MiṢRaIM (where the capital letters indicate Hebrew letters and lowercase indicates diacritics). There are a number of theories about the name. If you take the meaning of the word mṣr then you get dual-strait or double-boundary. If you take the name as is, it means dual-Egypt which may have to do with the land being divided into an upper and lower region.

Not that I think the OP has any idea about what he's talking...

Only does Greek explain the meaning ''μέσο ῥόον ' between streams '
then maybe you should explain ' פדן ארם .

Armou ' Joint '
Armh ' Junction '
Pedon 'Ground / Earth '
Pedion ' A Plain

Greek Word Study Tool
Greek Word Study Tool

That is because Beqaa Valley is situated between Mount Lebanon and the Anti-Lebanon Mountain The most fertile place in the Levant.

Beqaa is that בִּקְעָה

Amos 1:5
I will break also the bar of Damascus, and cut off the inhabitant from Beqaa-Aven, and him that hold the sceptre from the house of Eden: and the people of Syria shall go into captivity unto Kir, saith the LORD.

2 Ch 35:22 - Beqaa-Megiddo
Josh 11:8 - Misrephothmaim, Beqaa-Mizpeh

Riders

Well I had another thread up about weather the exodus happened. There is history records that Egypt kept that says they did have Jewish slaves. One part of it says at one point they got up left went home.

It doesn't mean the Exodus as told in the bible happened. But sense this thread is about weather or not they were in Egypt Egyptian records talk about their being Jewish slaves there.

Rise

I have completely uprooted the entire story of the Exodus out of real-world Egypt.

Seems quite an arrogant statement. As though you havent even discovered something unseen by others, but claim by the power of your intellectual ability to invent clever distortions of history you have forced reality itself to be changed.

The one word that puts it in Egypt is מִצְרַיִם ' Mizraim ' , this word means 'between two streams'
What is the basis for your claim? I found no lexigraphical source that supports your claim. Most say it means the two fortresses, some the two straits. Nothing about between or streams.

None of your other linguistic claims mean anything (even if they were true) if you can't prove your foundational assumption about the meaning of mizraim.

Genesis 10 nearly puts Sinai right next to Hamath
Not a single thing in gen 10 says anything about the location of hamath in relation to sinai.

It only says sinites and hamathites were descended from canaan.

* Mount Hor is near 'Hamath
From mount Hor ye shall point out your border unto the entrance of Hamath
Num 21:4 *Mount Hor is near Red Sea
And they journeyed from mount Hor by the way of the Red sea, to compass the land of Edom

There is a second mount hor in the south, associated with the territory of edom.

Magus

There is a second mount hor in the south, associated with the territory of edom.

Mount Hor makes it's first appearance in Numbers 20:22
' they journeyed from Kadesh and came to Mount Hor'

Numbers 33:37
They removed from Kadesh and pitched in Mount Hor

* Why did they go back to Mount Hor ?

Numbers 33:38 ' Aaron died upon Mount Hor

Numbers 33:41
They departed from Mount Hor and pitched in Zalmonah

Numbers 34:8
Mount Hor shall point out your Border onto the Entrance of Hamath

* Hamath is a principle city in upper-syria in the valley of Orontes
(1) Zalmonah appears in Psalms 68:14 and describes it 'white as snow '
(2) Zalmon appears in Judges 9:48. Septuagint reads it 'Mount Hermon

Deuteronomy 4:48 - Sion which is Hermon
Joshua 13:5 - Mount Hermon unto entering Hamath
Deuteronomy 3:8 - River Arnon unto Mount Hermon

Numbers 21:14
What he did in the Red sea, and in the brooks of Arnon
I strickthrough this verse, it's corrupt and i have written a rough hybrid translation
using elements from the Septuagint

Numbers 21:14-6
Chariot melted the snow of the Winter-torrents of Arnon , The winter-torrents went forth and tricked down Ar and he placed them in the boundary of Moab, from that place, they trickled into the wells and from that Well, the Lord said unto Moses bring together the people and give them the water to drink.

There is a Snow mountain in the Levant known as Hermon , at it's peaks there is Snow
and in the Spring, the Snow melts and it feeds the streams, rivers and wells around the Levant , that is also the origin of the regenerating Phoenix , the Snow melts around Spring-Summer time and it regenerated during Autumn-Winter.

The Levant was called 'Phoenicia ' from which we get Phoenix.

Judges 5:5 ( Sinai melted ) ( Sinai = Snow )
The mountains melted from before the LORD, even that Sinai from before the LORD God of Israel

Numbers 12:10 (Snow cloud )
And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous
white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous.

Job 24:19
Drought and heat consume the snow waters

Isa 55:10
For as the rain cometh down, and
the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

Mic 1:4
And the mountains shall be molten under him, and the valleys shall be cleft
as wax before the fire, and as the waters that are poured down a steep place.

Gospel of Thomas - 48
they will say to the mountain, 'Move Away,' and it will move away.

Nahum 1:5
The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned

Mount Hermon
Hermon has seasonal winter and spring snow falls, which cover all three of its peaks for most of the year. Melt water from the snow-covered mountain's western and southern bases seeps into the rock channels and pores, feeding springs at the base of the mountain, which form streams and rivers. These merge to become the Jordan River. Additionally, the runoff facilitates fertile plant life below the snow line, where vineyards and pine, oak, and poplar trees are abundant

Rise

You didn't even attempt to answer where your basis for the translation of mizraim's meaning comes from. If you can't even establish that foundational premise then how can you expect the rest of your claims to hold up to scrutiny.

Furthermore, although you typed many words, none of them actually dealt with what I told you: that there are two mount hors recognized to exist. One in the south and the north. Your theory doesnt go anywhere for that reason alone.