• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exodus was not in Egypt

By Intuition Galyada would mean something you put into your mouth. yada would mean mouth, and Gal could by intuition mean either Speak of God, or food for the stomach. Its an intressting word you came up with... I am all ears to objections or laborations with the word...

Magus

You guys should join forces and make a movie to rival lord of the rings. And have ice cream in it.

Since you should know Arabic..
'جليد' ' Jalid - Ice
ثلج 'Thalaj - Snow

Thalaj, in Aramaic 'תְּלַג' (Telag ), Hebrew 'שֶׁלֶג' (Selag) these words are related to the Latin 'Glacies' meaning 'Ice' but also related to the English words such 'Cold' and 'Chill' , but also 'Glitter, Gold and Glide (along Ice), with it's Glass-like appearance, it also relates to the word 'Glass', the Hebrew word for Glass is 'גִּלָּיוֹן (GLIUN ) , in Greek it is ὑάλινος (YALINOS) and another the Latin word for Ice is 'GELU from we get words like Jel and Jelly.

It is all in the language.

Last edited:

Magus

Cool. It's still not a cognate, derivative, or origin word for either 'nifl' or 'heimr', which mean "darkness" and "hall" respectively. It's literally like you're trying to say that 'weather' and 'whether' mean the same thing because they sound alike.

heimr would derive from χεῖμα (Kheima) 'winter weather, cold, frost' , you are aware that Norse is set in the snowy wintry temperate, Here is a Norse story to refresh your mind.

During the time of the creation of the universe, there were 2 distinct worlds: the lands of fire (Muspelheim) and ice (Niflheim). As eons passed the lands of fire and ice eventually came in contact with each other. As the freezing waters of Niflheim fell, they mixed with the ash and clay of Muspellheim and forming the body of a giant. This giant lay prone and unconscious for many eons, unfeeling and unmoving. Its name was Ymir, the first of the mountain giants (jotuns). Overtime Ymir turned evil.

After a long struggle, finally the three young gods: Villi, Ve and Odin killed Ymir. When Ymir fell the blood from his wounds poured forth. Ymir's blood drowned almost the entire tribe of jotuns. Only 2 jotuns survived the flood of Ymir's blood, by building an ark, one was Ymir's grandson Bergelmir and the other his wife. Bergelmir and his wife brought forth new families of jotuns.

By intuition (Intuition is the key understanding hebrew teachers speaking semitic language),Nephelim is word that sephardic teachers use to describe violent men. Elohim is used in genesis 6 which refer to the sons of God. The sons of God came into the daughters of men and these bore children to them that modern hebrew sources describe as gangster or violent men. I would personally reject such description of children by the sons of God. older sources read Giants. The daughters of men bore giants to the sons of God.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
heimr would derive from χεῖμα (Kheima) 'winter weather, cold, frost'

No, it does not. 'Heimr' is derived from the Proto-Germanic 'haimaz', meaning "home, house, village". That word, in turn, is derived from the proto-Indo-European ḱóymos or ḱoimos of the same meaning.

χεῖμα, on the other hand, is derived from the proto-Indo-European word 'ǵʰeym-', meaning snow. This word went on to form such words as the Latin hiems (winter), the Sanskrit हिम (himá) (cold), Slavonic зима (zima) (winter), and Hittite (giman) (winter). As you can see, NONE of which mean anything close to "home" or "house".

Here is a Norse story to refresh your mind.

You are among the least qualified to try and educate me on Norse lore and mythology. Especially pulled from some random website that horribly over-simplifies the myth found in the Völuspá.

Magus

By intuition (Intuition is the key understanding hebrew teachers speaking semitic language),Nephelim is word that sephardic teachers use to describe violent men. Elohim is used in genesis 6 which refer to the sons of God. The sons of God came into the daughters of men and these bore children to them that modern hebrew sources describe as gangster or violent men. I would personally reject such description of children by the sons of God. older sources read Giants. The daughters of men bore giants to the sons of God.

The word Nephilim or ' נָפִיל ' nĕphiyl means descend , so can be used to
describe a descended cloud, or a mist , or the snow itself , Snow or rain 'falls'
and this story is followed by a flood, in the Spring it rains, the snow melts and feeds the streams and rivers of the Levant, often causing flooding.

Nephilim have a second appearance in the Bible, in Numbers 13:33
and are described as the sons of 'Anak ' ' עֲנָק , since it ends with a Qoph
it is also written 'Anap' , but it is also related to the Gk ἄναξ (Anax ) meaning
chief and with Hebrew 'נָשִׂיא' (Nasiy) ' vapours ' and נָפַח (Nephah ) 'cold wind'

Giants, that word derives from Greek 'γίγαντε' (Gigante ), the root is 'Gi ' (Earth)
and Genos ( Born ) related to γίνομαι ( Gigomai ) ' come into a new state of being'
and cognate with the word 'Genesis / γεννητός

I wouldn't refute anyone of you, I just try to catch up with this discussion.

I remember my highschool. It had a ancient hebrew bible dated to before the vowelpointings were introduced..

To explain my standpoint. Were the word nephilim is used in hebrew bible, the bible I use read "violent men". That's the derivation I use to... Older version of my bible read giants.

In my experience many people would adress giants as superstition. Liberals would adress Arnold, Sylvester and Hulk Hogan, as giants. In reality, giants walking by the horizon, can be observed by the ladies and gentelmens late in age.

Magus

Ymir

This would be related to the Greek 'αἷμα' (AIMA) 'blood' and ἔαρ (Ear)
and Homeric ῐ̓́ᾰρᾰ (Iara) 'blood / juice ' and with Hebrew words 'דָּם' (Dam) , 'דָּם' ( Yam) and יְאֹר ( IAR) but also with אדם ( Adam) ' Ruddy' and Eden

This explains the ' River of Blood '
Exodus 4:9 - river(IAR) shall become blood (DAM) upon the dry land.

Iardam - Jordan

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Okay, I'm taking Rival's advice; I'm done with you magus. You're not listening, and you'd clearly prefer to just wallow in ignorance rather than doing some actual research on the words that you're mangling. Have fun banging that square peg against the circular hole.

Magus

And speaking of Jordan, that makes an appearance in Greek mythology that they call Eridanos

Phaethon, who took over the reins of his father Helios' sky chariot (i.e., the Sun), but didn't have the strength to control it and so veered wildly in different directions, scorching both Earth and heaven and plunged into Eridanos ( the Red Sea )

Psalm 104:3
Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind, Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire

Judges 5:4-5
the clouds dropped water and he mountains melted from before the Lord

2 Kings 2:8
And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters

Mic 1:4
And the mountains shall be molten under him, and the valleys shall be cleft
as wax before the fire, and as the waters that are poured down a steep place.

Elijah in the Septuagint is written 'Ηλιου ( Sun )
Greek Word Study Tool

The Flaming Chariot of Elijah
2a8374a07ddbb25d34aa9c819b6b1ef1.jpg

That is why Santa Claus rides a Chariot.

Last edited:

Magus

Okay, I'm taking Rival's advice; I'm done with you magus. You're not listening, and you'd clearly prefer to just wallow in ignorance rather than doing some actual research on the words that you're mangling. Have fun banging that square peg against the circular hole.

Are you an Orthadox Christian?, that is the majority religion in the Slavic world, why else would you care and Rival doesn't have a real religion, He is not allowed to join Judaism , so he creates his own and claim Noah wrote Seven laws on a Tablet, alike Mormonism, that's what happened when your educated in the USA., Eastern European-Russian worlds is exactly the same, overrun by Orthodox education.

I try to read and comprehend what has been said. So for a short recap what you all said.
'Dam' means blood. That's derivived from an old 'learn biblical hebrew' interactive program. I remember having both bibleworks and this Biblical Hebrew course. I would guess it is all derived from the same student, teacher or jewish schoolar.

'IAR' means flood. I couldn't find spelled reversed, Yod, Alef, Resh.

'Anak' means chief.

'Nephiyl' means descend all according to my new teacher.

Hope and Love shared from me.

If we look at the word nephelim and an alternate spell, it could be translated to "my Gods (elim) heavenly beings (neph)" or "my gods sons brothers" (Once again through intuition). Elim literally means "my God" and neph derivived from English nephew. English is not a semitic language nor is it a midterrean languge. So I would reject those meanings. Nephilim could mean "my God descends".

We got diffrent sources - one adressing the sons of God as nephelim and one adressing the sons of Gods sons, as nephilim.

with all this, one thing do not exclude the other...

Magus

I try to read and comprehend what has been said. So for a short recap what you all said.
'Dam' means blood. That's derivived from an old 'learn biblical hebrew' interactive program. I remember having both bibleworks and this Biblical Hebrew course. I would guess it is all derived from the same student, teacher or jewish schoolar.

'IAR' means flood. I couldn't find spelled reversed, Yod, Alef, Resh.

'Anak' means chief.

'Nephiyl' means descend all according to my new teacher.

Hope and Love shared from me.

If we look at the word nephelim and an alternate spell, it could be translated to "my Gods (elim) heavenly beings (neph)" or "my gods sons brothers" (Once again through intuition). Elim literally means "my God" and neph derivived from English nephew. English is not a semitic language nor is it a midterrean languge. So I would reject those meanings. Nephilim could mean "my God descends".

We got diffrent sources - one adressing the sons of God as nephelim and one adressing the sons of Gods sons, as nephilim.

with all this, one thing do not exclude the other...

Through rigorous etymology, I deduced 'Elohim as being cognate with Mycenaean Greek ' hermāhās ' that is also the root word of Olympus

' Hrmā'hās, > Hlma'has ( L / R interchanges) > Olma'kas (K / P Interchange)
> 'Olmapas > Olympus.

In Gk that is 'Oros Olympus ' , but Oros_Olym' sound suspiciously
like 'Jerusalem'

Hrmā is the root word of Hermon

Deueronomy 3:9 ' mount Sion, which is Hermon '
' Mount Zion which is Jerusalem '

Hermon is also spelt Salmon (צַלְמוֹן )
Psalms 68:14 - it was white as snow in Salmon

Hrmon > Srmon > Slmon
Hrmon > hlmon > Elohim

H interchanges with S , that is why in Latin the Sun is called SOL yet cognate with Greek HLIO

הַר חֶרְמוֹן
הַר צַלְמוֹן
הַר שַׂלְמוֹן
הַר שָׁלַם
יְרוּשָׁלַם

mount Sion, which is Hermon '
Mount Zion which is Jerusalem '

Zion/Sion cognate with Gk χῖον ( KHION ) * Snow
χῖονὼν ( KHIONON ) became * Canaan
φῖον (PHION ) became * Phoenicia
קַיִן QIN ( CAIN )
קֵינִי QINI > φοινί ( Phoini )
קְנִזִּי QNZI > φοινίκων ( Phoinikon )
φ and קַ interchange.

Cognate. I read a book about cognition. I had no clue what it was about. At about the same time I read about ockhams razor. A philosopher named Ockhams came up with the idea that the easiest solution of a problem is usually the best one. For example, 2 4 6 8 10 ... would be a guess to answer 12.. If we follow the equation (2+x)*(4+x)*(6+x)*(x+8)*(x+10)*(x+37) the answer would look slightly different - we would have the number 37 as the follow-up

Cognate? - I have no clue how you came up with all that. Did you follow my deduction of neph to nephew. I did say i would reject such meaning.

But i gonna read you last post again and hope I can cognate. With faith, hope and love.

Last edited:
Babel bacame Babylon
Philisteen becames Palestina
Tyre became Taurus. - 'Tau' became 'Theo' or God as we would translate the Greek word into, from here 'Tao' or 'Dao' in Chinese mean God or teacher as in wise teacher. Following 'Rus' is way or path "way to God"

In Ezekiel the king of Tyre was in eden before his fall, he was the annoited cherub that covers. An Arch Angel that fell. Because of the context in Ezeikiel 28. Eden must have been close to tyre (if the King of tyre didn't travel far east)

Ethymology of word's can get people on wrong path.. we should be careful with deducing words...

Last edited:

Magus

Babel bacame Babylon
Philisteen becames Palestina
Tyre became Taurus

The Aramaic word for Taurus is תּוֹר 'Towr but in Hebrew it is 'שׁוֹר 'Sowr , so T and S are interchanging and ταῦρος ( Tauros ) is the Greek word.

Palestine is a Greek from ή πάραλος γῆ 'e Paralos Ge ( people of the coast land) also written πελασ-γοί ( Pelasgoi ) 'from the Coast land ' and Πελασγικός (Pelasgikos ) 'from the Coast land of Argos

P interchanges with Th, πελασ > θάλασ 'the sea ' thus also means ' people of the sea '
synonym with Phoenicians ' as the Sea people' .

Tyre that is 'צֹר 'Tsor Aramaic 'שׁוּר (Shuwr) ( Wall ) , the word simply
means 'Walled City' , alike Troy, also from the same root.

Last edited: