• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Existing... Waiting...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Sorry, 18 min long video.

I sometimes wonder what life will be if I find myself @ 97.

Life is existing, waiting to say goodbye? I can see myself here. There is nothing to fear about death. Will I still feel the same as I get closer to the time to say goodbye? I don't know.

For now, each moment of existence, I appreciate. I tell myself, it is enough. My wife, my family, my friends. The flowers, the trees the sky.

I exist, I experience. It is a wonderful thing. This moment, I exist. There is nothing else that is needed. Perhaps it is a lie I tell myself.

I not afraid of dying but deep down, the thought of death leaves me sad. Sad to have to say goodbye to existence.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Life is existing, waiting to say goodbye? I can see myself here. There is nothing to fear about death. Will I still feel the same as I get closer to the time to say goodbye? I don't know.

For now, each moment of existence, I appreciate. I tell myself, it is enough. My wife, my family, my friends. The flowers, the trees the sky.

I exist, I experience. It is a wonderful thing. This moment, I exist. There is nothing else that is needed. Perhaps it is a lie I tell myself.

I not afraid of dying but deep down, the thought of death leaves me sad. Sad to have to say goodbye to existence.
I figure it's just a little time out in the playground.

Nobody wants to go when you're called back in. Well almost nobody depending on how your life is going.

But eventually you'll be out in the playground again.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. the thought of death leaves me sad. Sad to have to say goodbye to existence.
Why, Nakosis, if that is the life, the way? I am 77, my grandpa and uncle died at this age, my father did not live even this long. My mother is 97. Statistically, I have some five more years to live. I will perhaps see my grand-daughter getting married, but not my grandsons. The younger one is getting into an age when he will be able to remember me (he is eight year old). I have seen ups and downs in life and have (nearly) drunk my cup of life. When the time comes I will dissipate without a splutter with clear instructions that absolutely no ceremony is to be observed for my demise.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
As I've said many times before, I am mostly sorry about not knowing what will happen to the human race, other life, and the Earth, apart from simply missing what life I have or might have. I have no fears about death since I see it as just being the end of life, as might most others without any sort of religious belief. All those who point out what their religious belief foretells, especially for non-believers, means not a jot to me. They can believe what they will but in my view they have as little a basis for their beliefs as I have for any non-beliefs I might have. The texts upon which so many seem to place their faith also mean very little to me - as having any real value other than all the general points made about the human condition. If their beliefs meant so much then I doubt they would need to go to church or pray so often, since that could be seen more like indoctrination or grooming. A still mind is preferable in my view - that is, one that isn't constantly appraising or doubting much of life - or praising some possible entity.

Herbert was lucky to have a lifelong companion but along comes the sadness when such is gone. I've not had such so will not miss any such relationships but I know who is (or was) the better off. So one could add that sadness to the other one I suppose.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Why be sad, Mock Turtle? Life is like that, accept it. I have objections about being sad. We should be satisfied with what (ever) we get.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Why be sad, Mock Turtle? Life is like that, accept it. I have objections about being sad. We should be satisfied with what (ever) we get.

Well I agree acceptance is better than much else but one can still be sad for what might have been. I am grateful for what I have, knowing that so many don't have as much. :D

Straw Dog

There’s nothing wrong with feeling a bit of sadness in saying goodbye to existence. It’s not the same as depression. Sadness can be a beautiful emotional experience in the context of a full life. We can still feel sad even while accepting the inevitable.

Straw Dog

This is the most beautifully human thing I’ve seen all week. Thank you for sharing.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Why sad? Be cheerful. I hope I will be, if not in pain. :)
One of my grandma (in relation, you know how we Hindus are) died of cancer, stroking her daugther-in-law lovingly, that is one of my aunts, while the rest of the family were around. If one has lived up to that age, there is no reason to be sad about it.