• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Existential Question...

Vee

Premium Member
As a Christian, I'm not surprised. The Bible says that things are going to get as bad in the end, as it was before God sent the Flood in Noah's time (Matthew 24). So it's actually going to get a lot worse than it is now, eventually. But there's still hope, as God wins in the end.

As a Cristian, I agree and believe in the Bible. The fact that it will get worse before it gets better sometimes is depressing.

exchemist

Veteran Member
They make some fabulous Cabernet in Medoc. If you ever come this way, let me know. I have places to show you, wine tasting included, obviously :)
What a fabulous offer! I thought the Left Bank was mainly Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Merlot blends, aren't they? That's what my books say. I also like Sauternes/Barsac and Bx. dry whites too, though they are a bit out of fashion.

Tell me, are you French, or a transplanted Anglophone?

Vee

Premium Member
What a fabulous offer! I thought the Left Bank was mainly Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Merlot blends, aren't they? That's what my books say. I also like Sauternes/Barsac and Bx. dry whites too, though they are a bit out of fashion.

Tell me, are you French, or a transplanted Anglophone?

That's it, yes. I'm more a fan of the Cabernet families than Merlot but a bit of a mix is fine. Sweet wines are not my thing but Sauternes is great for people who like that type of wine. I love a Entre-deux-mers or a Graves. We have some incredible choices around here, and not all that expensive. Many have very decent prices.
I'm actually from Portugal but I lived in different countries for a number of years. Been in France for 9 years now. I'm almost french :)

exchemist

Veteran Member
That's it, yes. I'm more a fan of the Cabernet families than Merlot but a bit of a mix is fine. Sweet wines are not my thing but Sauternes is great for people who like that type of wine. I love a Entre-deux-mers or a Graves. We have some incredible choices around here, and not all that expensive. Many have very decent prices.
I'm actually from Portugal but I lived in different countries for a number of years. Been in France for 9 years now. I'm almost french :)
Well your written English is flawless. I'm impressed. I speak some bad French and far from fluently, but that's about it, I'm afraid. I hear some Portuguese from the Brazilian family of the woman who was a nanny to our son and who we still see regularly. It sounds difficult - unlike Spanish which I found I could guess a bit from Latin, when I used to travel to Latin America on business.

Back to wine, yes I like both red and white Graves. Another one I like, from further South, the western Pyrenees, is Jurançon sec, which is something different. The cepage is Gros and Petit Manseng, I think.

Ah well, I look forward to travel becoming easier again................

Reactions: Vee