• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Existential Buddhism versus Theravada Buddhism

Shantanu

That is your understanding of it, But Buddha stated many times he is not God
No human being can be God even in human form unless God wants that to happen. From my knowledge, It is probable that Sakyamuni Buddha was an avatar of Sri Krishna/Durga and devised the Dhamma for the alleviation of suffering of mankind using the 4 NobleTruths and the Eightfold path but using knowledge known to man 2600 years ago as far as science is concerned. It follows from that that every generation must have a Buddha that updates that philosophy with up-to-date science. Buddha did not have the digital clock which is a very recent invention so would not have been able to detect God using such tools as I did. He focussed on getting his solution for the cessation of suffering and knowledge of metaphysics right using karmic theory that was widely known about among Hindus at the time of his life on Earth. He did not know about genetics so devised anatta to generate his Theravada Buddhism.

Now we have today's science to tell us where Sakyamuni Buddha's teachings are inappropriate and identifies teachers and monks of today to be a laughing stock in the eyes of scientists. As @Nakosis said 'If you see a Buddha, kill Him'. But we do not wish to throw the baby out with the bath water so must retain the essence of Buddhism as taught by the Buddha. Enlightenment is a state of being that is attainable within this life time by following some very simple rules. Hence we need to revise Buddhism and Existential Buddhism is the way forward, for the fundamental facts concerning dharma is of absolute importance if not the importance of God as a Saviour God which I have personally proven to my satisfaction.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
No human being can be God even in human form unless God wants that to happen. From my knowledge, It is probable that Sakyamuni Buddha was an avatar of Sri Krishna/Durga and devised the Dhamma for the alleviation of suffering of mankind using the 4 NobleTruths and the Eightfold path but using knowledge known to man 2600 years ago as far as science is concerned. It follows from that that every generation must have a Buddha that updates that philosophy with up-to-date science. Buddha did not have the digital clock which is a very recent invention so would not have been able to detect God using such tools as I did. He focussed on getting his solution for the cessation of suffering and knowledge of metaphysics right using karmic theory that was widely known about among Hindus at the time of his life on Earth. He did not know about genetics so devised anatta to generate his Theravada Buddhism.

Now we have today's science to tell us where Sakyamuni Buddha's teachings are inappropriate and identifies teachers and monks of today to be a laughing stock in the eyes of scientists. As @Nakosis said 'If you see a Buddha, kill Him'. But we do not wish to throw the baby out with the bath water so must retain the essence of Buddhism as taught by the Buddha. Enlightenment is a state of being that is attainable within this life time by following some very simple rules. Hence we need to revise Buddhism and Existential Buddhism is the way forward, for the fundamental facts concerning dharma is of absolute importance if not the importance of God as a Saviour God which I have personally proven to my satisfaction.
Maybe you should try read some Buddhist teachings before you continue sladering a path you do not know anything about?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Only atheistic Hindus revere Buddha, those who have studied the organised religion of Buddhism see nothing but self infatuation in what he started and which became a worldwide phenomenon. Secondly, Hindus who do not belong to sampradayas and other schools such as advaita are Existential Buddhists on account of the fact that they use their 'buddhi' to survive in this world; hence the term buddhism.
I am sorry, but you are not making much sense.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Nirvana - definition of nirvana by The Free Dictionary
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/nirvana
nir·va·na (nîr-vä′nə, nər-) n. 1. often Nirvana a. Buddhism A state in which the mind, enlightened as to the illusory nature of the self, transcends all suffering and attains peace. b. Hinduism A state in which the soul, having relinquished individual attachments and recognized its identity with Brahman, escapes samsara.
Note sure why you quote this suddenly, but yes buddhists see Nirvana somewhat different then hinduists do.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I quoted that because you said I was slandering Theravada Buddhism without knowing what it says.
Yes you show difference between views in Buddhism and Hinduism, But the question is do you understand the difference between this two teachings?
For me to be a buddhist is not only about one tiny aspect of the teaching. one must understand why did Buddha say this, what does it mean to me and my life? what can i learn from the teaching. how can i live acording to theteaching?

Yes i quote from time to time, but that is more to get better wording on something to be correct, i have not the engish skills to write it my self. But i do know why and what it means before i post

Shantanu

Yes you show difference between views in Buddhism and Hinduism, But the question is do you understand the difference between this two teachings?
For me to be a buddhist is not only about one tiny aspect of the teaching. one must understand why did Buddha say this, what does it mean to me and my life? what can i learn from the teaching. how can i live acording to theteaching?

Yes i quote from time to time, but that is more to get better wording on something to be correct, i have not the engish skills to write it my self. But i do know why and what it means before i post
Hindus practices buddhism in a different way to Theravada Buddhists, and we have the correct method: that is the whole point of this thread. You should spend time to study Hinduism. It describes the ways of life of people on the other side of Sindh.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hindus practices buddhism in a different way to Theravada Buddhists, and we have the correct method: that is the whole point of this thread. You should spend time to study Hinduism. It describes the ways of life of people on the other side of Sindh.
I respect Hinduists and their belief, But i have no doubt in the buddha and no doubt in the buddhist teachings so no need for me to be a Hinduist. If you think the Buddhist teaching is wrong then why no just leave it alone and be a hinduist?

Shantanu

I respect Hinduists and their belief, But i have no doubt in the buddha and no doubt in the buddhist teachings so no need for me to be a Hinduist. If you think the Buddhist teaching is wrong then why no just leave it alone and be a hinduist?
I am being a Hindu in practicing Existential Buddhism.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am being a Hindu in practicing Existential Buddhism.
Why do you then call it buddhism? the reason we today call it buddhism is because the teaching was given by the Buddha. so when it become a religion they name it Buddhism but the buddha him self calle it buddha dharma. teaching of the buddha.

Shantanu

Why do you then call it buddhism? the reason we today call it buddhism is because the teaching was given by the Buddha. so when it become a religion they name it Buddhism but the buddha him self calle it buddha dharma. teaching of the buddha.
The theology of Existential Buddhism already existed before Buddha.

Shantanu

I get confused, one day you say you are the founder of existential buddhism, then it is in your family in india, then suddenly it is long before the buddha?
I found these the highest levels of Hindu thought and action from a very long search of the religions. I wanted to know why Buddhism was abandoned in India when it flourished outside the subcontinent in Tibet, Sri Lanka, and South East Asia. So I went to first principles on why Theravada Buddhism was rejected in India after all that Ashoka the Great did to promote it. There must have been a fundamental reason that Hindus did not accept it. It had nothing to do with Brahmins but the mere fact that the fundamental beliefs of thousands of years of Hinduism had been thrown out by Buddha. It had to do with God, and Hindu spirituality surrounding the nature of the divine.

I once came across a mythological story that when Buddha was thinking about such matters, Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma visited him and asked him not to pursue this path but he rejected the plea. I am not sure on the truth of this story but it was significant in shaping my ideas for the revival of theistic Hinduism in India. That is why what I am doing right now. I founded Existential Buddhism from revisionary research that was updated with modern ideas on science.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I found these the highest levels of Hindu thought and action from a very long search of the religions. I wanted to know why Buddhism was abandoned in India when it flourished outside the subcontinent in Tibet, Sri Lanka, and South East Asia. So I went to first principles on why Theravada Buddhism was rejected in India after all that Ashoka the Great did to promote it. There must have been a fundamental reason that Hindus did not accept it. It had nothing to do with Brahmins but the mere fact that the fundamental beliefs of thousands of years of Hinduism had been thrown out by Buddha. It had to do with God, and Hindu spirituality surrounding the nature of the divine.

I once came across a mythological story that when Buddha was thinking about such matters, Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma visited him and asked him not to pursue this path but he rejected the plea. I am not sure on the truth of this story but it was significant in shaping my ideas for the revival of theistic Hinduism in India. That is why what I am doing right now. I founded Existential Buddhism from revisionary research that was updated with modern ideas on science.
Where is the documents /texts/Suttas you can give more evidence of this? or is only you that think it is the way you describe it?

Even you disagree with buddhism i still dont know why you wish to destroy 2600 years of practicing like buddhists have done?

Shantanu

Where is the documents /texts/Suttas you can give more evidence of this? or is only you that think it is the way you describe it?

Even you disagree with buddhism i still dont know why you wish to destroy 2600 years of practicing like buddhists have done?
It is not my intention to destroy what you stand for: but as a Hindu I cannot tolerate falsehoods.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This is a Forum for the discussion and debate of Existential Buddhism versus Theravada Buddhism and I would prefer to engage in it in a civil manner.
Yes me too. I do not slander Hinduism I have not said anything negative toward what hinduism stand for, but do you agree you have said a lot of negative about Buddhism?

I only answer to your comments, not trying to slader you or hinduism, But when you say something about Buddhism that i know is false then i will correct you

Shantanu

Yes me too. I do not slander Hinduism I have not said anything negative toward what hinduism stand for, but do you agree you have said a lot of negative about Buddhism?

I only answer to your comments, not trying to slader you or hinduism, But when you say something about Buddhism that i know is false then i will correct you
What I have said is on the record: it is for others to comment on the validity of my assertions.