• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exeption vs Redemption

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
A friend and I have a bit of a disagreement on the topic . So I decided to run the question here .

Is there a difference between exemption and redemption ? If so , what ?

Personally , I believe that there is , but I want to wait and get a few other views before stating mine .

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Hmmm ? That is the question . :) From a Christian perspective , how are they related ? What is the difference between the two ? Did the Death of Christ both exempt us , and redeem us ? If so , surely not of the same thing ? Seems redundant .

And did I post this in the correct forum ?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Guess I need more insight into what the question is aimed at.
Exemption would be something doesn't apply.
Redemtion would be to be redeemed from whatever.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I agree Luke . Sorry , but I can't give any more details as it may break a trust .... But just in general terms , such as sin ?

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
:) Good point Mestemia . Redemption is to put something right , but exemption would have no need to , would it ? So would exemption follow redemption ?

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
I'll repost this isn this thread as it sems the more active one (and also appears to be in a more appropriate area). Let me know if you want the other thread closing, moving, or whatever.

I have to ask how you've heard the term exemption used in a theological context, because it's a new one on me. If you can explain that, I might be able to provide an answer better than the one I was going to give which is that exemption is not applicable.

James

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
you again James . And thank you everyone who has put up with my nonsense . I went back and reread the emails , and it seems that I may have misunderstood everything that she was saying . { thanks to my command of computer short hand .... }

If you wish James , feel free to close both threads . Sorry about this .

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
kreeden said:
:) Good point Mestemia . Redemption is to put something right , but exemption would have no need to , would it ? So would exemption follow redemption ?
I do not understand the question as written.

What need is there for redemption if one is exempt?
Though i can personally come up with several examples, I shall wait until such time as I better understand what it is you are askiong first.