• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Excuse my ignorance, but a question about lesbians

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
My understanding was that when two lesbians couple-up and one is butch the other would be feminine. And to a lesser degree this is also true of gays. However, the other day I saw two very butch lesbians together, and was informed that they're a committed couple. Now, I assume there's some kind of gender role dynamic that takes place when a butch lesbian hooks up with a fem lesbian, but does this also hold true in any way with two butch lesbians , or, for that matter, with two fem lesbians?

I'm a bi guy, so I can't speak for lesbians or gays, but i personally do not subscribe to the whole "butch/femme" attitude toward sexuality. Probably because I have absolutely no interest in anal sex whatsoever.:no:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I've been attracted to and have been intimate with both feminine and masculine women.

I wish I could explain it rationally or give a process of how I process the attraction or the relationship. But I can't. All I can say is when I met the women I've been attracted to, the electricity hit me suddenly, and it's pure hormones and instinct.

I'm sorry. Wish I could help.

Ironically I, too, had a question concerning lesbians just this morning. You may be the person with an answer: Can a lesbian also be a vegan (or vegetarian for that matter)?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Goodness gracious... I thought the titles said "Lebanese" :eek:

I was wondering why would anyone ask about Lebanese in this sub-forums :confused:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
o12thNH.jpg

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I don't really understand the whole butch/femme dynamic in lesbian culture, either. It confuses me a bit. I mean, I'm a guy and some of those butch lesbians look more like men than I do. It's not really the same with gay/bisexual men. It's something that's pretty unique with lesbian culture. Then again, I'm far more familiar with gay male culture and history, identify with it more and have had more contact with queer men than with lesbians. I don't understand a lot of things about lesbian culture. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
From a "guy gay man" (a gay man who appears straight) who prefers other "guy gay men" only (as compared to "gay gay men"): "If I wanted to be with a woman, I'd be straight".

I really hate that term - "straight acting" gay man. How exactly do you "act/appear straight"? :rolleyes:

Amandi

I don't really understand the whole butch/femme dynamic in lesbian culture, either. It confuses me a bit. I mean, I'm a guy and some of those butch lesbians look more like men than I do. It's not really the same with gay/bisexual men. It's something that's pretty unique with lesbian culture. Then again, I'm far more familiar with gay male culture and history, identify with it more and have had more contact with queer men than with lesbians. I don't understand a lot of things about lesbian culture. *shrugs*

I would have to disagree with this strongly. There are effiminate gays, bears, gays that have no particular manierism. Just like you have butch and femme lesbians, you have effiminate and very "manly" gay men.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I would have to disagree with this strongly. There are effiminate gays, bears, gays that have no particular manierism. Just like you have butch and femme lesbians, you have effiminate and very "manly" gay men.

I know that. It just doesn't seem like it's the same thing as butch/femme in lesbian culture. To me, at least.