• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exciting Evidence of the Exodus!

joeboonda

Exciting evidence of the Exodus out of Egypt; the parting and crossing of the Red Sea, the death of the Egyptians, bones, chariot wheels in the Red Sea, 700 Sinai Inscription sites, the grave of the Jews who perished due to gluittony--the plague of the quail, and much more! Check it out!

http://bibleprobe.com/exodus.htm

A

angellous_evangellous

Joe,

Most of this stuff comes before the birth of modern archaeological process (e.g., stuff dated before the 1950's), and none of this evidence has been sustained by archaeology.

joeboonda

Joe,

Most of this stuff comes before the birth of modern archaeological process (e.g., stuff dated before the 1950's), and none of this evidence has been sustained by archaeology.

Hmm, the picture of the 4 spoked chariot wheel is from 1998...so you don't believe the Exodus occurred with or without evidence? It is a central theme of the Word of God who cannot lie...

I think it would be fascinating if there were credible evidence for the Biblical Exodus....however, in light of the following:

Other Great Links at Bible Probe
Figure the Odds
Over 300 Prophecies Jesus Fulfilled

Near Death Experiences
Real Miracles and Angel Visits
Real Angel Visit to a Muslim in Iran
Read Muhammad, Terrorist of Prophet?

See the Hand of Hope: Abortion
The Exodus Happened
See Chariot Wheels found in the Red Sea

PLEASE EMAIL YOUR PARANORMAL PICTURES HERE
...it's hard to take this site very seriously.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They didn't go through the Red Sea, did they?

"Red Sea" is probably the most famous mistranslation in the Bible. A better translation of Yam Suph would be Reed Sea. Think about it -- why would anyone flee West when everyone knew there was nothing but barren desert in that direction till you finally found your way blocked by the 150-200 miles of Red Sea. Did the Hebrews actually expect Moses to part the sea? And why would they have wished to go that way even if they expected to cross the sea? Look at a map -- there's nothing East of the Red Sea but an even bigger desert.

The sensible route out of Egypt would have been North toward the Mediterranean where they might reasonably expect to make their way through the papyrus marshes (reed seas) at the mouth of the Nile and on to the Holy Land.

joeboonda

I think it would be fascinating if there were credible evidence for the Biblical Exodus....however, in light of the following:

...it's hard to take this site very seriously.

I am not in total agreement with the site I found this on either, but that is beside the point

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
"Red Sea" is probably the most famous mistranslation in the Bible. A better translation of Yam Sup would be Reed Sea. Think about it -- why would anyone flee West when everyone knew there was nothing but barren desert in that direction till you finally found your way blocked by the 150-200 miles of Red Sea. Did the Hebrews actually expect Moses to part the sea? And why would they have wished to go that way even if they expected to cross the sea? Look at a map -- there's nothing East of the Red Sea but an even bigger desert.

The sensible route out of Egypt would have been North toward the Mediterranean where they might reasonably expect to make their way through the papyrus marshes (reed seas) at the mouth of the Nile and on to the Holy Land.
Well, I guess "walked across the dry marsh" isn't very miraculous.

A

angellous_evangellous

Hmm, the picture of the 4 spoked chariot wheel is from 1998...so you don't believe the Exodus occurred with or without evidence? It is a central theme of the Word of God who cannot lie...

I've heard of these before, too, but I assure you that there is no archaeological evidence for the Exodus whatsoever. If you verify the dates on those chariot wheels (if indeed they exist), I assure you that they will not align with any dates for the Exodus.

EDIT: The guy who claimed to find that wheel isn't an archeaologist, and he's also claimed to find Noah's ark. Next he'll produce an Easter bunny and a tooth fairy. In this case, his former partner says his chariot wheel is most likely coral covered with coral.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=33168

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Exciting evidence of the Exodus out of Egypt; the parting and crossing of the Red Sea, the death of the Egyptians, bones, chariot wheels in the Red Sea, 700 Sinai Inscription sites, the grave of the Jews who perished due to gluittony--the plague of the quail, and much more! Check it out!

http://bibleprobe.com/exodus.htm
Far more like an exciting opportunity for the enthusiastically gullible ...
Sinai Inscriptions

Jeffrey makes the extraordinary claim that there are writings of the Hebrews from the time of the Exodus in Sinai. These are not Hebrew inscriptions from the time of the Exodus. These are Aramaic inscriptions from the time of the Nabateans who rose to political power after Alexander the Great conquered Persia. The Nabateans developed an elongated cursive style of Aramaic uncial (capital letters) block script (Harper’s Bible Dictionary 1985, 677). An example is seen on page 54 of Jeffrey’s book. The volumes of Corpus Inscriptionum Semiticarum have carefully documented the inscriptions in Sinai. The inscriptions are transliterated into Hebrew and translated into Latin.

Another book entitled The Inscriptions of the Sinai (Part 2) by Alan Gardiner and T. Peet contain translations and commentary of the Egyptian hieroglyphic inscriptions in the Sinai. There are no accounts of the Hebrews wandering in the Sinai.

There is a detailed account of these inscriptions at Verifying the Signature of God.

- source
Sorry, joeboonda. Better luck next time ...

joeboonda

Far more like an exciting opportunity for the enthusiastically gullible ...Sorry, joeboonda. Better luck next time ...
I figured you would bring up the Nabateans and the site 'Verifying the Signature of God'. I had lready examined that site (as I had googled other sites earlier just like you). The lengths people will go to to dispute the Bible is incredible. What explanation is there of 18th Dynasty chariot wheels and mens bones in the Red Sea? Or the path with the rocks cleared out and the natural bridge and the fact Solomon knew the location? 700 sites with inscriptions that accurately described the events of the Exodus. Jesus said if these had not praised Him the very stones would cry out. They have been crying out, yet I suppose some will not believe though one come back from the dead...

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I figured you would bring up the Nabateans and the site 'Verifying the Signature of God'. I had lready examined that site (as I had googled other sites earlier just like you). The lengths people will go to to dispute the Bible is incredible.
Truly! Some even stoop to scholarship. Don't ya just hate folks like that? :D

interesting post, i've actually read a bit on this and saw a great documentary on the history channel about it, you should check it out.

you can't believe everything a site says though, especially like these, they tend to be biased to skepticism...like alot of the creationist sites on the internet. but nice post by the way peace.

A

angellous_evangellous

I figured you would bring up the Nabateans and the site 'Verifying the Signature of God'. I had lready examined that site (as I had googled other sites earlier just like you). The lengths people will go to to dispute the Bible is incredible. What explanation is there of 18th Dynasty chariot wheels and mens bones in the Red Sea? Or the path with the rocks cleared out and the natural bridge and the fact Solomon knew the location? 700 sites with inscriptions that accurately described the events of the Exodus. Jesus said if these had not praised Him the very stones would cry out. They have been crying out, yet I suppose some will not believe though one come back from the dead...

I haven't found this to be true in my experience. Archaeologists (real ones) tend to not care at all about the Bible, and my colleagues have come across several who completely ignore it as well as Christian culture (to the extent that one expert did not know what an ancient baptistry was and misunderstood an ancient church). It has usually fallen to biblical scholars to relate archaeological finds to the Bible because it is so marginalized, and this is very unfortunate because biblical scholars usually don't have the time to become experts in archaeology.

This came about because early "biblical archaeologists" - those trained in biblical interpretation and archaeology - abused their role as archaeologists and misinterpreted or created evidence to support their interpretations of the Bible. Now biblical students are unwelcome at many archaeological sites, and seminaries are unable to send their students or professors to help with the process because the site teams do not want to be embarrassed - and they do not want inconveinent evidence to be "lost."

another note, one thing that really isnt going to help you on proving your beliefs is sites that are strictly christian, they do show alot of biased, trust me. people want "official" documents, like that hit bigtime from well credited scholars,archeaologists,scientists exc. they dont want a fork lift operater lol. just some advice mate.

joeboonda

I haven't found this to be true in my experience. Archaeologists (real ones) tend to not care at all about the Bible, and my colleagues have come across several who completely ignore it as well as Christian culture (to the extent that one expert did not know what an ancient baptistry was and misunderstood an ancient church). It has usually fallen to biblical scholars to relate archaeological finds to the Bible because it is so marginalized, and this is very unfortunate because biblical scholars usually don't have the time to become experts in archaeology.

This came about because early "biblical archaeologists" - those trained in biblical interpretation and archaeology - abused their role as archaeologists and misinterpreted or created evidence to support their interpretations of the Bible. Now biblical students are unwelcome at many archaeological sites, and seminaries are unable to send their students or professors to help with the process because the site teams do not want to be embarrassed - and they do not want inconveinent evidence to be "lost."

In the last century, all the advancements in archeology, the findings, have tended to show us the Bible is indeed credible, they have been finding cities and kings, etc, which show the Bible is an historicaly accurate book. I was looking around the other day, found some pictures of a carving in stone of the golden calf with people dancing around it, and a pillar Solomon had erected at the crossing site of the Red Sea, the part that is now the sea (or strait or something) of Aquaba.

joeboonda

Last century archeology has actually helped the Bible, the cities and artifacts and names of kings, found show the historical accuracy of the Bible, the Dead Sea Scrolls--showing the text changed very little from the first century A.D. to the 11th century A.D. which was our oldest copy of the O.T. I don't believe Christians have to lie or make up evidence, its all out there, but if one archeologist has a 'naturalist or atheistic worldview, of course they will clash.

I will try to post some other pictures of artifacts as I get time. I had run across a pic of a carving of the golden calf and peopld dancing around it, and a pillar Solomon had erected at the crossing site. Here is some more info on the chariot wheels if anyone is interested. [it will be in 2 posts]

Significance of the WheelsThe significance of the wheels is of extreme importance to the dating of the Exodus and determining which dynasty was involved. Back in the late 70's, Ron actually retrieved a hub of a wheel which had the remains of 8 spokes radiating outward from it. He took this to Cairo, to the office of Nassif Mohammed Hassan, the director of Antiquities whom Ron had been working with. Mr. Hassan examined it and immediately pronounced it to be of the 18th Dynasty of ancient Egypt. When Ron asked him how he knew this so readily, Mr. Hassan explained that the 8-spoked wheel was only used during the 18th Dynasty.
Click to Enlarge
Relief on Chariot Cab - 8 spoked wheelThis certainly narrowed the date. Researching the Egyptian chariot Ron soon discovered that the fact that he found 4, 6 and 8 spoked wheels, in the Red Sea, places the Exodus in the 18th Dynasty according to numerous sources. Click to Enlarge
Chariot of Thutmoses IV
Consider the following: "Egyptian literary references to chariots occur as early as the reigns of Kamose, the 17th Dynasty king who took the first steps in freeing Egypt from the Hyksos, and Ahmose, the founder of the 18th Dynasty. Pictorial representations, however, do not appear until slightly later in the 18th Dynasty...." (From "Observations on the Evolving Chariot Wheel in the 18th Dynasty" by James K. Hoffmeier, JARCE #13, 1976)
For more information on the chariots of the Egyptian army, let's go to the Biblical account, when Pharaoh and his army go after the multitude:
"And he made ready his chariot, and took his people with him: And he took six hundred chosen chariots, and all the chariots of Egypt, and captains over every one of them."
.......Exodus 14:6,7

This verse makes it quite clear that the Pharaoh took every chariot in Egypt - his own, his generals (or "Captains") and a group called his "chosen" chariots, which seem to be in addition to his regular army ("all the chariots of Egypt").
Click to Enlarge
Chariot from King Tut's Tomb

joeboonda

Research: The Red Sea Crossing Site
We have continued extensive research on this subject and obtained some new data which indicates that the site of the crossing of the Red Sea was actually broader and shallower than earlier data indicated. New interest in the Gulf of Aqaba has been generated due to the new cooperation between Jordan, Egypt and Israel in promoting tourism in the region. (The gulf is bound by Egypt on the west, Israel and Jordan on the north, and Saudi Arabia on the east.)
Tension in the region between the Saudis, Jordanians, Egyptians and Israelis has resulted in a very limited knowledge of the sea floor of the Gulf. Of particular interest is the fact that they are planning an extensive program of scientific research in the gulf, because, "...we still lack basic oceanographic information about the Gulf", Limnological Research Institute".
"Soundings" and measurements taken to date have been admittedly inaccurate because of many factors - but foremost is the fact that it is deep but narrow (30 km. at the widest point.)
Wyatt Archaeological Research contacted every oceanographic institute which could be found, seeking the most recent and accurate information. Data was provided from the ETOP05 data base which is supposed to be the most accurate available. However, it isn’t as detailed as we would eventually like. (Refer to "Data announcement 88-MGG-02, Digital relief of the Surface of the Earth. NOAA, National Geophysical Data Center, Boulder, Colorado.)
What it DOES show is a swatch of sea floor from Nuweiba across to the Saudi shore, which is much shallower than the sea on either side of the underwater land bridge. This swatch of sea floor is roughly between 7 and 10 miles wide. On either side, large cracks in the earth extend down to almost 3,000 feet to the north, and 5,000 to the south. This new information is quite exciting, because it shows a consistent pathway across the gulf to the other shore that, with the water removed, could have easily been traveled. When the digital data was fed to a topographical mapping program, it revealed a 3-D model of the sea floor in the Gulf. That digital model can be seen below.
Click to Enlarge
3D Models of the Red Sea at the "Crossing Site"End of "Red Sea Crossing" Back to the start of "Red Sea Crossing"---------------------------------------------------------------For Information - Call: 1-931-293-4745
For Toll Free Telephone Orders - Call: 1- 877- 992-8865
For Secure Online Orders - Click Here
The information included in this website
is subject to the unanimous approval of the
Board of Directors of Wyatt Archaeological Research

joeboonda

Here is the pillar:

The Granite Column of Solomon
This column matches one on the other side of the gulf in Saudi Arabia which had the inscriptions intact. The Hebrew words Egypt, death, water, pharaoh, Edom, Yahweh, and Solomon were on that column. Apparently one can conclude​
nuweiba-column5.JPG

Kevin Fisher at the red granite column, marking the crossing site (Oct. 2005)​
King Solomon had these columns erected 400 years after the miracle of the crossing of the Red Sea on dry land. Solomon's sea port was at the northern tip of the Gulf of Aqaba at Eilat (I Kings 9:26) and he was very familiar with the Red Sea crossing site, as it was in his neighborhood. The Bible even mentions this column! Isaiah 19:19, "In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the Lord at its border." You can visit the beach today and see the column in person, as I was able to do in Oct. 2005.​