1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Example: Jews. Christians. Muslims worship the same God of Abraham

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Unveiled Artist, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Unveiled Artist

Unveiled Artist My baby niece

Ratings:
    +10,931
    Religion:
    Process of Spiritual Healing
    That makes sense. There was one poster saying why would one god say three separate things. So, kinda makes it seem that all three dont believe in the God of Abraham or each has a strange way of interpreting their One god's teachings.

I dont know.

2. james2ko

james2ko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    Religion:
    Christian
    In essence that is what Jesus was telling the Samaritan woman: "Your interpretation of the teachings from the God of Abraham is flawed"

3. Unveiled Artist

Ratings:
    +10,931
    Religion:
    I dont share beliefs in none of the three faiths. So, how would I know it is actually false? The other scriptures say the same about their counterparts.

4. james2ko

Ratings:
    +182
    Religion:
    Christian
    You won't. Unless/Until God reveals it to you.

5. sojourner

sojourner Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

Ratings:
    +5,299
    Religion:
    Christian/Shamanic
    God is indefinable. No one defines "God." In order to define a thing there needs to be a certain level of objectivity. Since a God is not a thing outside of which we can stand objectively, we cannot define God.

6. Unveiled Artist

Ratings:
    +10,931
    Religion:
    I guess I can take that blanket statement. o_O What if God revealed himself to me (more like Christ), and I said no? Would mean I still know his nature from what I experience; it's just not an experience with his father I care to have.

Shouldn't hamper the conversation, though. I hear that statement a lot.

7. Unveiled Artist

Ratings:
    +10,931
    Religion:
    Hmm. Which goes back to my original statement. If there is one god, and this god cannnot be defined (his nature included), and each different faith claim this one god of Abraham, no matter their descriptions that doesn't change the nature of this undefined God. It also doesn't change there is only one. And, as all three believers say, no one can know god one hundred percent.

So, well... unless one knows god directly (knows his nature), how can one say they are seeing a different god than their Abrahamic partner if they didn't go by their sacred text?

8. Desert Snake

Desert Snake Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,697
    If Jesus revealed Himself to you, then your original op question is answered, because neither Islam or Judaism believes in the divinity of Jesus.

9. Unveiled Artist

Ratings:
    +10,931
    Religion:
    I am refering to Christians who don't believe Jesus is God. (I had to clarify that for one person in the post.. excluding those who believe Jesus as God and just focusing on the Father/Creator'Deity before the Son was sent)

10. james2ko

Ratings:
    +182
    Religion:
    Christian
    Missed that post. I guess that eliminates me..

11. Unveiled Artist

Ratings:
    +10,931
    Religion:
    Yeah. I realize that since the general consensus to most Christians is that Jesus is God. From what I read from the Bible (that debate aside), that isn't true. So, I stuck with the Father/Creator/Spirit and took out him being any type of human.

12. james2ko

Ratings:
    +182
    Religion:
    Christian
    I agree. It's an identity crisis that will only be eradicated at His return.

13. Crypto2015

Crypto2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +170
    Religion:
    Christian
    Christians and Jews worship the same God. Muslims worship a different god. The Muslim god does not require a sacrificial propitiation to atone for sin. He just forgives the sins of those who follow him. Hence, the Muslim god leaves sins unpunished and that makes him morally deficient. Furthermore, Islam teaches that Allah sent his message through Moses and Jesus, but that his message was corrupted to the point of being completely incompatible with Muhammad's message, and all of this despite the fact that, according to the Qur'an, Allah protects his words. Hence, Allah is less powerful than men.

14. Reverend Rick

Reverend Rick Frubal Whore
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,196
    I believe Jews, Muslims, and Christians worship the same God. It's ignorant to say otherwise.

15. Reverend Rick

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,196
    The Trinity is very confusing to Christians so I understand why non-Christians have issues understanding the concept.

16. Reverend Rick

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,196
    Jesus cried out to the Father. That implies to me they where of separate mindset. "Forgive them Father, they know not what they do". I read this to imply, Jesus was worried what his Father might do. Also you cannot sit beside yourself in Heaven. You don't have conversations with yourself, don't sit by yourself, or worry about what you will do. No one goes to the Father unless they go through the Son makes no sense either. Tell that to Moses or Noah.

17. Crypto2015

Crypto2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +170
    Religion:
    Christian
    That's because you and I are not God.

18. Reverend Rick

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,196
    Nothing like stating the obvious

19. Crypto2015

Crypto2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +170
    Religion:
    Christian
    You are not a Trinity. That's why your relationship with yourself is not as complex as that between Jesus and God the Father. Jesus divinity is clearly stated in the Bible and there are even non-Christian writers who testified that the early Christian church worshipped Jesus (before 100 AD)

20. Reverend Rick

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,196
    Where did I say I was a trinity?