• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Example: Jews. Christians. Muslims worship the same God of Abraham

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I don't think it's a matter of "who" they worship. For they all do seemingly worship the "same" Creator. God is much more concerned about "how" He is worshiped. In Joh 4:20-24, Christ told the Samaritan woman, who worshiped the same God of Abraham as the Jews, that she did not really know what her people worshiped and that God's "true" worshipers would worship Him in truth. From this we can conclude there may be different groups who worship the same God, but in "untruth".

That makes sense. There was one poster saying why would one god say three separate things. So, kinda makes it seem that all three dont believe in the God of Abraham or each has a strange way of interpreting their One god's teachings.

I dont know.

james2ko

That makes sense. There was one poster saying why would one god say three separate things. So, kinda makes it seem that all three dont believe in the God of Abraham or each has a strange way of interpreting their One god's teachings.

I dont know.

In essence that is what Jesus was telling the Samaritan woman: "Your interpretation of the teachings from the God of Abraham is flawed"

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
In essence that is what Jesus was telling the Samaritan woman: "Your interpretation of the God of Abraham is flawed"

I dont share beliefs in none of the three faiths. So, how would I know it is actually false? The other scriptures say the same about their counterparts.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
What is the difference. Youre saying they deecribe god but never defined him. Who historically defined god if not the Church?
God is indefinable. No one defines "God." In order to define a thing there needs to be a certain level of objectivity. Since a God is not a thing outside of which we can stand objectively, we cannot define God.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You won't. Unless/Until God reveals it to you.

I guess I can take that blanket statement. o_O What if God revealed himself to me (more like Christ), and I said no? Would mean I still know his nature from what I experience; it's just not an experience with his father I care to have.

Shouldn't hamper the conversation, though. I hear that statement a lot.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
God is indefinable. No one defines "God." In order to define a thing there needs to be a certain level of objectivity. Since a God is not a thing outside of which we can stand objectively, we cannot define God.

Hmm. Which goes back to my original statement. If there is one god, and this god cannnot be defined (his nature included), and each different faith claim this one god of Abraham, no matter their descriptions that doesn't change the nature of this undefined God. It also doesn't change there is only one. And, as all three believers say, no one can know god one hundred percent.

So, well... unless one knows god directly (knows his nature), how can one say they are seeing a different god than their Abrahamic partner if they didn't go by their sacred text?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I guess I can take that blanket statement. o_O What if God revealed himself to me (more like Christ), and I said no? Would mean I still know his nature from what I experience; it's just not an experience with his father I care to have.

Shouldn't hamper the conversation, though. I hear that statement a lot.
If Jesus revealed Himself to you, then your original op question is answered, because neither Islam or Judaism believes in the divinity of Jesus.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If Jesus revealed Himself to you, then your original op question is answered, because neither Islam or Judaism believes in the divinity of Jesus.

I am refering to Christians who don't believe Jesus is God. (I had to clarify that for one person in the post.. excluding those who believe Jesus as God and just focusing on the Father/Creator'Deity before the Son was sent)

james2ko

I am refering to Christians who don't believe Jesus is God. (I had to clarify that for one person in the post.. excluding those who believe Jesus as God and just focusing on the Father/Creator'Deity before the Son was sent)

Missed that post. I guess that eliminates me..

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Missed that post. I guess that eliminates me..

Yeah. I realize that since the general consensus to most Christians is that Jesus is God. From what I read from the Bible (that debate aside), that isn't true. So, I stuck with the Father/Creator/Spirit and took out him being any type of human.

james2ko

Yeah. I realize that since the general consensus to most Christians is that Jesus is God. From what I read from the Bible (that debate aside), that isn't true. So, I stuck with the Father/Creator/Spirit and took out him being any type of human.

I agree. It's an identity crisis that will only be eradicated at His return.

Crypto2015

Christians and Jews worship the same God. Muslims worship a different god. The Muslim god does not require a sacrificial propitiation to atone for sin. He just forgives the sins of those who follow him. Hence, the Muslim god leaves sins unpunished and that makes him morally deficient. Furthermore, Islam teaches that Allah sent his message through Moses and Jesus, but that his message was corrupted to the point of being completely incompatible with Muhammad's message, and all of this despite the fact that, according to the Qur'an, Allah protects his words. Hence, Allah is less powerful than men.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The Trinity is very confusing to Christians so I understand why non-Christians have issues understanding the concept.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Jesus cried out to the Father. That implies to me they where of separate mindset. "Forgive them Father, they know not what they do". I read this to imply, Jesus was worried what his Father might do. Also you cannot sit beside yourself in Heaven. You don't have conversations with yourself, don't sit by yourself, or worry about what you will do. No one goes to the Father unless they go through the Son makes no sense either. Tell that to Moses or Noah.

Crypto2015

Jesus cried out to the Father. That implies to me they where of separate mindset. "Forgive them Father, they know not what they do". I read this to imply, Jesus was worried what his Father might do. Also you cannot sit beside yourself in Heaven. You don't have conversations with yourself, don't sit by yourself, or worry about what you will do. No one goes to the Father unless they go through the Son makes no sense either. Tell that to Moses or Noah.

That's because you and I are not God.

Crypto2015

Nothing like stating the obvious

You are not a Trinity. That's why your relationship with yourself is not as complex as that between Jesus and God the Father. Jesus divinity is clearly stated in the Bible and there are even non-Christian writers who testified that the early Christian church worshipped Jesus (before 100 AD)

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
You are not a Trinity. That's why your relationship with yourself is not as complex as that between Jesus and God the Father. Jesus divinity is clearly stated in the Bible and there are even non-Christian writers who testified that the early Christian church worshipped Jesus (before 100 AD)
Where did I say I was a trinity?