• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Examining the evidence there is of God

Tiberius

Another proof of God to me is that man did not create or design himself. The human body reflects all the signs of a super intelligence required for all the blood, bones, nerves, muscles and organs to function as a collective. No human or natural random act could ever produce such a complex system is my personal belief. Only a God or Supreme Intelligence could have achieved this.

Argument from incredulity.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We already know how humans are made.

It's from cells. Not God.

That is the organic process. The soul is given at conception. The soul is our rational mind, it is the power that lights the body. When the sound departs, there is no more life for that body.

Regards Tony

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I do yet see a post where you have outlined your evidence for God and justified that evidence.

Evidence

The evidence used in this OP is where our knowledge of God comes from.

The Messenger.
The Revelation
The Message/Word.

Regards Tony

So the Messenger is evidence of God. The Messengers are the one that claim to have a Message from God, how do we know they are trustworthy and truthful when they make such a claim? We can examine the life of the Messenger and determine just that.

As evidence of the character of Baha’u’llah, we have an eyewitness account from people that were not Baha'i, this is one such account.

"In April 1890 Professor Edward Granville Browne of Cambridge University met Bahá’u’lláh in four successive interviews. Professor Browne wrote of his first meeting: "The face of Him on Whom I gazed I can never forget, though I cannot describe it. Those piercing eyes seemed to read one's very soul; power and authority sat on that ample brow.… No need to ask in whose presence I stood, as I bowed myself before one who is the object of a devotion and love which kings might envy and emperors sigh for in vain."

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Without an explanation that is only dogma. Not evidence.

So the Messenger is evidence of God. The Messengers are the one that claim to have a Message from God, how do we know they are trustworthy and truthful when they make such a claim? We can examine the life of the Messenger and determine just that.

As evidence of the character of Baha’u’llah, we have an eyewitness account from people that were not Baha'i, this is one such account.

"In April 1890 Professor Edward Granville Browne of Cambridge University met Bahá’u’lláh in four successive interviews. Professor Browne wrote of his first meeting: "The face of Him on Whom I gazed I can never forget, though I cannot describe it. Those piercing eyes seemed to read one's very soul; power and authority sat on that ample brow.… No need to ask in whose presence I stood, as I bowed myself before one who is the object of a devotion and love which kings might envy and emperors sigh for in vain."

Regards Tony

That is a start on the evidence of the Messenger, the person.

Regards Tony

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Regards Tony
That is it? I do believe that our British members would rightfully call that "weak tea".

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is it? I do believe that our British members would rightfully call that "weak tea".

It is one piece of a large puzzle one has to put together. I suspect many and maybe you are not up to such a challenge, as it does take time and effort and it will take justice with the use logic and reason.

How many of the hundreds of records would you like to pursue as we examine that evidence, which verify the character of a person who has given a Message from God?

Regards Tony

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is one piece of a large puzzle one has to put together. I suspect many and maybe you are not up to such a challenge, as it does take time and effort and it will take justice with the use logic and reason.

How many of the hundreds of records would you like to pursue as we examine that evidence, which verify the character of a person who has given a Message from God?

Regards Tony
No, not logic. Don't accuse others of lacking that which you cannot demonstrate. At best all you have is confirmation bias.

This OP is for All people of all Faiths that believe in God.

What evidence do you have of God?

This world and life as explained in the Bible. The existence of the Bible is also evidence for me, because things go as told in the Bible and I don't think humans would have that knowledge and wisdom without God.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This world and life as explained in the Bible. The existence of the Bible is also evidence for me, because things go as told in the Bible and I don't think humans would have that knowledge and wisdom without God.

I agree with that summary of the Biblical evidence.

Regards Tony

HonestJoe

Good point, personally I see it is only One God. Yet the quandary is this God is well beyond our understanding in Essence. Using logic and reason, I also find this concept in creation. Can we actually explain the essence of any of creation, the cause of any of it?
That is where the fundamental contradictions come in though. You're defining God as something beyond our understanding but then expect to be able to present evidence to allow us to understand it. You can't apply logic and evidence to something you don't understand. That is why the clear and consistent definition is required as the first step, and "beyond out understanding" is the direct opposite of that.

The fundamental question for you to answer would be how do you know God is unknowable.

So I see God is defined as the cause of causes and known only by attributes.

So, I see the best description of God based on all the evidence I have pursued is found in the Bible, it is a single translated word that says Christ.
Well again, you're getting in to the evidence for God before properly defining it. These are statements about the "how" and "why" of God rather than the "what".

The Annointed Ones are the source of all evidence of God.
But God is the source of all evidence for "The Anointed Ones". This is obviously circular logic.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I'm not a believer but can I point out the element that is always missing from this kind of thing? To start with, you need a clear and internally consistent definition of the god you're looking to provide evidence for.

Moreover, that definition not only must be clear and internally consistent.... it also needs to be falsifiable.
Otherwise, no evidence can logically exist.

Unfalsifiable things can't have any evidence by definition.
Just like my undetectable pet dragon.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Yes I do not see why non believers are not able to post. This is an attempt to explore a subject minus the ridicule and insults that can be delivered between believers and likewise between believers and non believers.

I have already responded to one such reply.

Regards Tony

See this is a big problem in discussions such as this one.

I'll go ahead and assume that the reply you are talking about, is the one where @Subduction Zone mentioned the "doodie head".

That was not an insult at all.
Not even by a long shot.

Instead, it was a very very clear point which addressed a very very real problem in your post to which he was replying.

But you immediately jumped on your horse, making any reasonable and worthwhile discussion, which your OP invited, completely impossible.

This tells me that you don't actually wish to explore the subject.
Instead, it seems you just want this thread to act like an echo-chamber for what you already believe and think.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If a human said prove God. I can't.

I know I can't.

I can however as a human... as you are human talk to you. I tell you my experiences. You own every right to challenge me.

A theist says as you are just a human then being human says the experience is all just your own.

That's correct advice it is.

The theist then says now I'll tell you why the experience happened claiming it chemical bio only. Just human.

Again the theist is correct as it was.

So then the theist says why do you believe in spirit?

As I see observe and feel conditions other than just my owned body.

As I can. And it's not lying.

I feel heat.
I feel cold.
I feel presence.
I see presence in various variables.

I feel an unseen finger poke me. It hurt.

I felt warmth and heat remove my pain.

I don't want nor try to purposely lie.

Humans hence know I need to teach you...you don't remember. Once we all knew life came from the eternal being...entered into heavens via gods movement.

God already in created creation evolved to its new body ownership.

O earth angel. Heavens angel.

The two bodies not ours.

So a theist says if you own no proof what types of ideas or messages can you convince my life with?

Simple. If God came from a place of eternal spirit it wasn't burning first. Then it's spirit and the heavens would prove it real.

Having come out of earths hot mass. The heavens.

Angels coldest body own that proof. They even own voice. In heavens.

A theist says prove it. Machines have proven it.

As God earth ended its mass it changed by the sun as dusts. God Came from the mass eternal. Humans and animals would prove and so did we only because a heavens already existed.

As we are not gases...once burning.

Volcanic mass the gas owner. Two bodies one from the other.

Eternal the body we came from as the two bodies. Eternal to human.

We are still converting as sex kept us present. Parents lived parents died parents decomposed still reacting from owning human life body cells human... parents became dense hard skeletons...converting to then become dusts.

Our end is the same As God earth in sun conditions. Is our proof beyond any doubt.

Is our exact proof.

Meaning human babies became the creator as told...now create adult humans whose bio future is dusts.

Warning origin parents now dusts you baby adult future life ends as dusts.

Don't change the heavens body.

The very reasons why. Messages. Advice. Certainty. To never give up on saving family from deceit.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Another proof of God to me is that man did not create or design himself. The human body reflects all the signs of a super intelligence required for all the blood, bones, nerves, muscles and organs to function as a collective. No human or natural random act could ever produce such a complex system is my personal belief. Only a God or Supreme Intelligence could have achieved this.

So we are just going to ignore the natural process of biological evolution then?

ps: what you are saying is not evidence. they are just bare claims saying "god dun it".

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
That the sun is exactly the right distance to support human life, that breathable oxygen exists, that fruit, grains and vegetables compatible with human life are available.

How are those things evidence for god?
In fact, I'ld consider it more evidence for a god if we would find ourselves living on a planet that is not fit for human life....

Why do you consider it remarkable that we find ourselves on a planet on which we can live?

Because we are intelligent beings it’s not so far fetched that there is a Higher Intelligent Supreme Being.

Why?

Surely we are not the be and end all of existence.

Why would that be the alternative to "a god exists"?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
So we are just going to ignore the natural process of biological evolution then?

ps: what you are saying is not evidence. they are just bare claims saying "god dun it".
Make believe your own human theist self is just dusts. Now.

What he'll claim?

You say you baby human man began as dusts a long time ago. That's human memory of our first ever two bio humans first humans ever on earth.

First conscious position a baby human is who grew your own adult body. Isn't a thesis. Your owned history. You evolved from small cells twice.

Your future body history will also be just dusts.

In all of those points your self before you existing.... no adult human consciousness however exists. Small body types your owned self do.

Just where you are now.

How do you personally represent evolution as the life mind body who demands we agree you speak about and hence own evolution in your life presence? Now.

You're the human who professes self is the owner.

Now you say by study the bio cells previously before ice were giant.

In adult life your consciousness says adult human cells larger than my owned as the two smaller cell types.

You do science thesis by comparisons first and not facts.

Wood giant trees left earths nature. Ice hence owns the missing carbon mass of the origin nature. We don't.

Reason a huge mass of ice melted by suns mass burn of the gases. Where carbon is first produced above.

You ignored that advice twice before.

We live in small cells as humans cells. You cannot pretend I'm not humans cells when I am.

You do however pretend in theory that humans don't own human cells first. Just because you want to.

Why I wish you were just dusts now so you couldn't argue to the contrary. As you are a very incorrect human thinker.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
We already know how humans are made.

It's from cells. Not God.

And where do cells get their instructions from to perform different functions. To my knowledge they are not intelligent but intelligence is programmed into each cell to perform a specific function.