• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Examining the evidence there is of God

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your description of what evidence is in that other thread was incorrect. Most of that threat dealt with your incorrect beliefs about evidence in geneeal, and how much evidence lacks for what you assert and believe.

The OP offered what was evidence for God, plain and simple.

Most of that thread was people demanding proofs from the evidence, when that was not the purpose of the OP.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Frankly I'm skeptical, because I doubt any new evidence has been gathered in the last few days.

The same evidence for God exists as it always has.

Now is the chance to examine the evidence with a rational mind, using logic and reason to determine if there are proofs offered in the evidence.

Regards Tony

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
This OP is for All people of all Faiths that believe in God.

What evidence do you have of God?

What logic and reasons have you used in determining the proofs and truths you subsequently embraced from the examination of that evidence?

The purpose of this OP needs to be embraced if you are to participate. This OP is about the presentation of the analytical use of logic and reason in faith based proofs.

If one wants to debate any stated logic and reason in this OP, then please do it in a respectful manner.

I will introduce this OP with what I see is the first line of evidence that there is of God and that is a Prophet. These persons who are known as a Prophet, Messenger or Manifestations are known in that manner as they make a claim they have a Message from God. By doing so, one can then logically conclude that as a result they are basically offering that they are proof of God and thus they are open to examination and proof of such a claim.

So how can I determine that what they offer is from God? This is where logic and reason needs to be employed. As each person is different, the logic and reasoning will also be different.

I will expand further on this line of evidence during the OP.

View attachment 70447

Regards Tony

Hi

I believe a power born of God was involved in the Lives of the Prophets Who were tortured, exiled, imprisoned and crucified yet Their Cause lives even today in the hearts and minds of billions thousands of years after Their death.

Scientifically gravity is proven whenever something is dropped but we cannot see gravity or the laws of physics. Spiritual forces are also intelligible realities that exist but their sphere of influence is minds and hearts. So when a Prophet arises we see a new religion, pattern of life, civilisation and culture born which affects humanity for thousands of years.

Christ had no wealth or outward power yet today billions bow down to Him and model their lives on His teachings. A Man Who was crucified. Yet 2,000 years later His ascendency is established worldwide.

An example from the Bab how successive Prophets overcame opposition because of the power of God.

Scatter throughout the length and breadth of this land, and, with steadfast feet and sanctified hearts, prepare the way for His coming. Heed not your weaknesses and frailty; fix your gaze upon the invincible power of the Lord, your God, the Almighty. Has He not, in past days, caused Abraham, in spite of His seeming helplessness, to triumph over the forces of Nimrod? Has He not enabled Moses, whose staff was His only companion, to vanquish Pharaoh and his hosts? Has He not established the ascendancy of Jesus, poor and lowly as He was in the eyes of men, over the combined forces of the Jewish people? Has He not subjected the barbarous and militant tribes of Arabia to the holy and transforming discipline of Muḥammad, His Prophet? Arise in His name, put your trust wholly in Him, and be assured of ultimatevictory.’

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Another proof of God to me is that man did not create or design himself. The human body reflects all the signs of a super intelligence required for all the blood, bones, nerves, muscles and organs to function as a collective. No human or natural random act could ever produce such a complex system is my personal belief. Only a God or Supreme Intelligence could have achieved this.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm not a believer but can I point out the element that is always missing from this kind of thing? To start with, you need a clear and internally consistent definition of the god you're looking to provide evidence for.
True, you cannot know what kind of evidence to look for unless you know 'what' you are looking for.
When Baha'is say Messengers are evidence that is based upon a certain kind of God we believe in, one that sends Messengers, and does all sorts of other things. We also believe there is not point 'looking' for that God since He can never be found.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
That the sun is exactly the right distance to support human life, that breathable oxygen exists, that fruit, grains and vegetables compatible with human life are available.

Because we are intelligent beings it’s not so far fetched that there is a Higher Intelligent Supreme Being. Surely we are not the be and end all of existence.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But yes, we have a river of wet coming down.
Apparently all the rain washed away all my raccoons.... A few weeks ago there were 15 or 20 out on the deck every morning, now there are only 2 or 3 that come at night. Not that I am complaining, but it is strange seeing only 2 or 3.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Proof. I use the topic to argue. Hence I would not argue otherwise.

A theory isnt an argument. It's a Belief. As theories are all believed stories human themed in human thinking first.

Then awAre human traits impose the data reflected by the thinker to mark the advice to teach others the advice.

Mass present now.
Mass is the correct term any type.
Mass a man theist says I as dominion can remove it without being self changed.

Self evident.

Builds a machine as equals equals for an inner reaction. False claim machine will keep my bio body safe.

Proof he isn't doing what he claims he is ..using God for human invention.

Humans God. Unseen. Unknown. Indescribable. Telling the truth.

To babble man said I caused by science used the false use of natural owned word as first non ownership.

Told you what he did.

He never ever knew the origin body mass.

Humans state God is my truth. Science only lied. Proven umpteen times.

Humans says I can use the first quotation ..stories to describe by words the meaning god as the eternal. Those words state it's not scientific.

Proof in lived human self presence.

Further proof. Baby man son denied father's human natural position and history. Became greedy to evolve into his Rich self Idolating man...reason life was sacrificed.
Ultimate proof.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This OP is for All people of all Faiths that believe in God.

What evidence do you have of God?

What logic and reasons have you used in determining the proofs and truths you subsequently embraced from the examination of that evidence?

The purpose of this OP needs to be embraced if you are to participate. This OP is about the presentation of the analytical use of logic and reason in faith based proofs.

If one wants to debate any stated logic and reason in this OP, then please do it in a respectful manner.

I will introduce this OP with what I see is the first line of evidence that there is of God and that is a Prophet. These persons who are known as a Prophet, Messenger or Manifestations are known in that manner as they make a claim they have a Message from God. By doing so, one can then logically conclude that as a result they are basically offering that they are proof of God and thus they are open to examination and proof of such a claim.

So how can I determine that what they offer is from God? This is where logic and reason needs to be employed. As each person is different, the logic and reasoning will also be different.

I will expand further on this line of evidence during the OP.

View attachment 70447

Regards Tony
I do yet see a post where you have outlined your evidence for God and justified that evidence.

RestlessSoul

And what if all claims of "evidence" fail that analysis? If there is actual evidence for a god I would like to see it. So far I have only seen abuses of reason at best.

It’s only because your eyes, your mind, and your heart are wilfully closed, that you do not see. And until you open them, you never will.

It’s really very simple; the voice of God speaks within you, but your pride in your intellect will not let you hear.

Last edited:

MonkeyFire

A fallen angel where it creates the truth of God in the human race, where He can suffer and still be a perfect angel hereafter. If He could just embrace His suffering can one be an angel if it can find bliss? I say yay.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It’s only because your eyes, your mind, and your heart are wilfully closed, that you do not see. And until you open them, you never will.

It’s really very simple; the voice of God speaks within you, but your pride in your intellect will not let you hear.
Please do not make false accusations of others. Maybe you do not understand the concept of evidence. That is quite likely. Or since you appear to be hearing voices you may be delusional.

You need to support your claims better. Or just be honest and admit that you have no evidence.

RestlessSoul

Please do not make false accusations of others. Maybe you do not understand the concept of evidence. That is quite likely. Or since you appear to be hearing voices you may be delusional.

You need to support your claims better. Or just be honest and admit that you have no evidence.

The evidence is everywhere. It’s in what the poet ee cummings called the “greenly leaping spirit of trees, the blue true dream of sky, everything that infinite, that is natural, that is yes.”

To quote another poet, “it’s only through the cracks that the light gets in”. But if you will admit to no cracks in the walls of your intellectual edifice, you will remain in the dark.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The evidence is everywhere. It’s in what the poet ee cummings called the “greenly leaping spirit of trees, the blue true dream of sky, everything that infinite, that is natural, that is yes.”

To quote another poet, “it’s only through the cracks that the light gets in”. But if you will admit to no cracks in the walls of your intellectual edifice, you will remain in the dark.
If the evidence is everywhere then post some. What you have described so far is not evidence.

Here is a clue that should help. Reliable evidence tends to have the trait that it can cut both ways. In other words if a possible observation cannot refute God, then it is not evidence for God.

You may be conflating confirmation bias with evidence.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Another proof of God to me is that man did not create or design himself. The human body reflects all the signs of a super intelligence required for all the blood, bones, nerves, muscles and organs to function as a collective. No human or natural random act could ever produce such a complex system is my personal belief. Only a God or Supreme Intelligence could have achieved this.
We already know how humans are made.

It's from cells. Not God.