• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exact Young Earth Age?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Evolution has never been proven as fact... Creation on the other had is all around us..
The notion that "Evolution has never been proven as fact" is just a mantra. Keep on repeating it and you'll come to believe it's irrefutable truth. But biology textbooks contradict it. Among other things, evolution has been shown in fruit flies.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
michel said:
I honestly haven't a clue as to the date of Birth of the Earth
Hello, Michel

Nice to meet you.

Scientists measure this Earth's age to be about 4.5 billion years old. I have no problem with that; BUT it has only been in existence for about 6000 years. This can be confirmed by taking a running total of the patriarchs at the age of their death.

When God created this planet 6000 years ago, He created it with age imbedded in it. Adam, for example, was created as an adult, as well as the plants and animals being created fully-grown.

Is our God awesome or what? :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
But Av, the notion that God created the earth with age imbedded in it makes nonsense human reason, and that in turn raises the question of what kind of god would create humans with reason just to confound their reason with false indications of earth's age?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Sunstone said:
But Av, the notion that God created the earth with age embedded in it makes nonsense human reason, and that in turn raises the question of what kind of god would create humans with reason just to confound their reason with false indications of earth's age?
Hello, Sunstone! Nice to meet you too! Thanks for the reply!

I personally have no problem with God creating the Earth with age embedded in it. After all, Adam and Eve were created full-grown, as well as the plants and animals.

You see, a young earth cannot sustain life.

We need an atmosphere with just the right amount of age in order to contain the right amount of Nitrogen, Oxygen, and trace elements found therein. A young atmosphere would NOT have the right mixture of elements.

In addition, the Universe itself must have the right amount of age in order to bombard the Earth with the needed electromagnetic radiation, at just the right frequency, and just the right angles, so life-sustaining processes like photosynthesis and the carbon cycle can operate at peak performances.

The oceans need just the right amount of salination, the soil needs just the right amount of nitrogen, etc.

This is known as the Anthropic Principle, and is a powerful display of God's existence.

Pah

Uber all member
AV1611 said:
Hello, Michel

Nice to meet you.

Scientists measure this Earth's age to be about 4.5 billion years old. I have no problem with that; BUT it has only been in existence for about 6000 years. This can be confirmed by taking a running total of the patriarchs at the age of their death.

When God created this planet 6000 years ago, He created it with age imbedded in it. Adam, for example, was created as an adult, as well as the plants and animals being created fully-grown.

Is our God awesome or what? :)
God may be awesome to you but do you want to say he is a liar?

http://www.geocities.com/darrickdean/age.html ... the appearance of age belief is not Biblical faith at all. Believing in the appearance of age is tantamount to saying that God falsified the evidence. It is a misunderstanding of the Bible based on false analogy and rejecting it is not rejecting the Word of God. Teaching such a doctrine rightly causes skeptics to doubt that the Bible could be from God. Teaching such a doctrine sets young Christians up for one of two results: 1) disillusionment if they ever connect with reality and understand the overwhelming evidence or 2) holding a belief that has no more basis in fact than the Book of Mormon or the Hindu Vedas. Christians should flee such a doctrine.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Pah said:
God may be awesome to you but do you want to say he is a liar?
Hi, Pah!

No, sir; I would never think of calling God a liar.

But you don't think Adam and Eve were placed in the Garden in an embryonic stage, do you?

And also, why is believing God embedded age into His creation tantamount to saying God is misleading? Like I said, if He hadn't of done so, the Earth wouldn't have been able to sustain the life He put on it.

Let's say you were to meet Adam 10 minutes after he was created. You ask him how long he has been here and his reply, of course, would be 10 minutes. Then you ask him where he was yesterday, and he (correctly) replies, "I didn't exist yesterday".

And yet, you're standing there in front of a man who is roughly 22 years old.

Would YOU walk away thinking God was a liar?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
so god put dinosaur fossils in the Earth why? And Mammoths and Neandertals... and so on...

If the Earth is only 6000 years old why do my people have a history going back more than 10,000 years?

wa:do

Pah

Uber all member
AV1611 said:
Hi, Pah!

No, sir; I would never think of calling God a liar.
Then why would you say he falsified creation to be something it's not?

You really have to read the referenced site I supplied. The scriptual verses quoted speak of trusting your senses. You evidently are not.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Pah said:
Then why would you say he falsified creation to be something it's not?

You really have to read the referenced site I supplied. The scriptual verses quoted speak of trusting your senses. You evidently are not.
I don't recall saying that God falsified creation to be something it's not.

I really value YOUR opinion over some website. Those are a dime a dozen.

Once again, do the math, the ages of the patriarchs, plus secular records from there, add up to 6000 years.

The Earth is 4.5 billion years geologically, but only 6000 years existentially.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
painted wolf said:
so god put dinosaur fossils in the Earth why?
God didn't put disosaur fossils in the Earth. They were deposited there when the dinosaurs died in (and after) the Flood.

Pah

Uber all member
AV1611 said:
I don't recall saying that God falsified creation to be something it's not.
You did say that God made things look old when they were not - didn't you? He took something new and made it appear old.

I really value YOUR opinion over some website. Those are a dime a dozen.
Thanks - but this is just another web site even though I am proud of it.

Once again, do the math, the ages of the patriarchs, plus secular records from there, add up to 6000 years.

The Earth is 4.5 billion years geologically, but only 6000 years existentially.
The math is faulty. It neglects the scriptual definition of God's day being our thousand years (two thouasand depending on how you interpret Psalm 95 - I believe that's the number). Which, biblically says 12,000 or so years maybe 18,000. And it says that you must trust your senses - that means what you measure is what it is. You have failed to bring various pieces of the Bible together that shows you have erred. The number is wrong and the assumption that God would purposely decieve all mankind is wrong.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Pah said:
You did say that God made things look old when they were not - didn't you? He took something new and made it appear old.

No, I said God created the Earth with age embedded. I'm not talking smoke and mirrors here. He didn't make things look old, He made them old in the first place.

Pah said:
Thanks - but this is just another web site even though I am proud of it.
No disrespect intended.

Pah said:
The math is faulty. It neglects the scriptual definition of God's day being our thousand years (two thouasand depending on how you interpret Psalm 95 - I believe that's the number). Which, biblically says 12,000 or so years maybe 18,000.
It is one solar day. It cannot be 12-18,000 years. God created plant life on Day 3, how did it survive 12-18,000 years if the Sun wasn't created until Day 4?

Now THAT would have been smoke and mirrors!

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
How could it have been one solar day if the sun wasn't around till day 4? What did the plants eat till then? And are you going by Genisis one or two... they are different accounts, did humans come before or after the animals?

if you are going to be literal in the bible... then a thousand years is but a day to the Lord.

Psalm 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
2Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

wa:do

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Av said:
No, I said God created the Earth with age embedded. I'm not talking smoke and mirrors here. He didn't make things look old, He made them old in the first place.

Is there any observable difference between a dinosaur fossil that is old, and a dinosaur fossil that is "made old"?

dorsk188

One-Eyed in Blindsville
Why would radiometric dating date the rock around dinosaurs at 65 million years, but the earth around mammoths at less than 50,000, if both died out with the flood? This isn't necessary for life to exist, but is consistent with observations and not a global flood.

Moreover, if dinosaurs existed within 10,000 years ago, they would still have C14, but to my knowledge, none do.

If hydrological sorting distributed the fossils, as is sometimes claimed, then why do dinosaur fossils only exist in a certain region of the geologic column, but some fossils, that are much the same shape such as a crocodile, exist outside that region and coincide with animals that bear no resemblence to them in any way.

The geologic column only makes sense if you consider:
The world is 4.5 billion years old.
The world appears 4.5 billions years old because of a vast theo-conspiracy to confuse people who seek knowledge from the world around them.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
painted wolf said:
How could it have been one solar day if the sun wasn't around till day 4?
I was one rotation of the earth's axis.
painted wolf said:
What did the plants eat till then?
They only went 24 hours w/o photosynthesis. Plants drawn their food from the sold first, then photosynthesis does the rest.
painted wolf said:
And are you going by Genisis one or two...
Genesis 1
painted wolf said:
...they are different accounts, did humans come before or after the animals?
After --- Genesis 1 is a time line of the 6 Days, while Genesis 2 is a more detailed account of Day 6. Without going into too much detail, notice the style of the writing here: [animals] - man - [animals] followed by [man] - animals - [man]. Just like a pair of interlocking bookends. The Bible is rich in poetry.
painted wolf said:
if you are going to be literal in the bible... then a thousand years is but a day to the Lord.
I covered this in my 11:23 pm EDT post last night. It was a literal 24-hour period. If it had not been, then that means that plant life went 1000 years w/o sunlight, since plant life was created on Day 3, and the Sun on Day 4.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi, Dorsk, nice to meet you!

dorsk188 said:
Why would radiometric dating date the rock around dinosaurs at 65 million years, but the earth around mammoths at less than 50,000, if both died out with the flood?
The dinosaurs did not die out with the flood. They lived side-by-side with man for awhile, then eventually died out.

dorsk188 said:
The geologic column only makes sense if you consider:
The world is 4.5 billion years old.
I don't know how old the world is geologically, but I usually agree with whomever I'm debating with, just to simplify the debate some. This earth could be 4.5 billion years old, or it could be 2 millions years old. That's a moot point to me. The fact of the matter is, it's been in existence approximately 6000 years tops - verified by the Bible.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Sunstone said:
Is there any observable difference between a dinosaur fossil that is old, and a dinosaur fossil that is "made old"?
God didn't make dinosaur fossils. He made the dinosaurs, which later fossilized.

Fade

The Great Master Bates
AV1611 said:
God didn't make dinosaur fossils. He made the dinosaurs, which later fossilized.
Why aren't dinosaurs mentioned in the bible? I'm sure Adam would have mentioned having to run for his life everytime a velociraptor tried to eat him. In fact, I'm sure the bible would have mentioned it in the ten commandments.

Commandment 1 - Thou shalt run as bleedin' fast as you can if you see a dinosaur.