• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ex-Muslims take part in Pride, get called Islamophobes

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
The Council of Ex-Muslims in Britain recently took part in a Pride march through London. They were protesting, and trying to draw attention to, the treatment of LGBTs in at least a dozen Islamic countries where homosexuality is a capital crime. Yet the Regressive Left have come out in force to stop this horrible display of subjecting Islam to the same criticism as any other religion.

Ex-Muslims like Maryam Namazie have been accused of bigotry against Muslims for pointing out that Islam is a homophobic belief system by people who would much rather ignore the social cleansing of gay people in Chechnya by an Islamist government (and allied religious scholars) than risk being called an 'Islamophobe'. From the Treasurer of the Fire Brigades Union to Unite Against Fascism, to the Respect Party, plenty of self-identifying left-leaning groups seem all-too-eager to tell former Muslims & LGBTs that they've got no reason at all to stand against Islam, and that any problems with homophobia that they do point out is virtue-signalling - which is a rather ironic accusation to make if you think about it.

CEMB carried 'controversial' protest signs (i.e. signs that were only controversial because they were in relation to Islam) like "Allah is gay" and "We're here, we're kaffir, get used to it". Police initially attempted to take such signs off the marchers because they were 'offensive' (even though that isn't a criminal offence) even though "Jesus was gay" or "Jesus had two daddies" are apparently quite common at Pride marches and haven't caused nearly as much of an issue.

DEPw5bIXkAEdtgO.jpg

DENsd-_WAAA5sGv.jpg

cemb-pride-650x434.jpg

Why on earth is Islam alone not allowed to be criticised? How on earth can people who have experienced first hand the intolerance and bigotry stimulated by Islam possibly be 'Islamophobes'?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That Borat song about throwing Jews down the well, it needs to be "libs down the well." Didn't they hear about how many Trump supporters Trump so easily harvested over bull**** like this?
But it's curiously fascinating that we can shred Christianity and Judaism to tiny ribbons over anti-LBGT issues and many other issues, but when it comes to Islam, it gets a "protective shield" where "deadzone left" of dumbass SJW ending up on Youtube and making everybody else--including Leftists outside of the deadzone--roll their eyes and wonder why oh why.

From the Treasurer of the Fire Brigades Union to Unite Against Fascism, to the Respect Party, plenty of self-identifying left-leaning groups seem all-too-eager to tell former Muslims & LGBTs that they've got no reason at all to stand against Islam, and that any problems with homophobia that they do point out is virtue-signalling - which is a rather ironic accusation to make if you think about it.

Have you got a link to what they said?

Corvus

Feathered eyeball connoisseur
Police initially attempted to take such signs off the marchers because they were 'offensive' (even though that isn't a criminal offence) even though "Jesus was gay" or "Jesus had two daddies" are apparently quite common at Pride marches and haven't caused nearly as much of an issue.
Quite correct, there is a law in E&W called the Religious and Racial Hatred Act 2006 that covers words spoken or printed that come under the act, but they have to be threatening, abusive anti religious messages are not criminal. However up until 2008 publically disseminated blasphemy against the Christian faith was indeed a criminal offence in England and Wales. Although prosecutions were rare.

The Emperor of Mankind

Have you got a link to what they said?

Only the Fire Brigades Union's Treasurer bothered to comment on this specific case and what she wrote has since been removed from that organisation's website. Groups like Antifa have a history of protesting LGBT Muslims in other places. I have a video of the time Antifa stood against LGBT Muslims marching in Toronto Pride on the 25th of June below (while the CEMB's own link can be found here):

Is this an acceptable standard of evidence for you?

Last edited:

RoaringSilence

I think we should claim for medical expenses (for marijuana -known cure) and compensation for Islamophobia from islamic countries to pay for damages caused to individuals with Islamophobia.
And it should be covered as a legit disease /disability.

The Holy Bottom Burp

Sure, the UK is a democracy, people are allowed to express their views in a democracy correct? I really don't see how any of this "incites hatred" against Islam. Islam should be damn well big enough to take a few banners at a Gay Pride march on the chin. Gay people live in Islamic countries (of course they do, the public face of any religion does not reflect the reality of the people that it is composed of), I found a pretty fair minded article on the subject here. Everything you need to know about being gay in Muslim countries

Kapalika

Premium Member
I just wanted people to know that my previous post wasn't removed for any content by 'evil regressive moderation', I just thought I was going down a rabbit hole that I'd rather save for a topic onto it's own. It was relevant, particularly a quote from one of the sources, but I decided against keeping the post up.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
That Borat song about throwing Jews down the well, it needs to be "libs down the well." Didn't they hear about how many Trump supporters Trump so easily harvested over bull**** like this?
But it's curiously fascinating that we can shred Christianity and Judaism to tiny ribbons over anti-LBGT issues and many other issues, but when it comes to Islam, it gets a "protective shield" where "deadzone left" of dumbass SJW ending up on Youtube and making everybody else--including Leftists outside of the deadzone--roll their eyes and wonder why oh why.

SJWs are to the liberals as religious fundamentalists are to conservatives; fanatical, sanctimonious, irrational, imperious, hypocritical, etc.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Why on earth is Islam alone not allowed to be criticised? How on earth can people who have experienced first hand the intolerance and bigotry stimulated by Islam possibly be 'Islamophobes'?

The authorities must be putting something in the water supplies.

Last edited:

The Emperor of Mankind

How could they possibly be so blind to the glaring hypocrisy and irony? i Kinda wish we still had some of the fervent and vocal SJW members around that we used to just to hear their explanation.

We do. I'm kind of hoping one or two will drop in to give us their perspective on why criticising Islam is Islamophobic or bigotry against Muslims.

Corvus

Feathered eyeball connoisseur
How could they possibly be so blind to the glaring hypocrisy and irony? i Kinda wish we still had some of the fervent and vocal SJW members around that we used to just to hear their explanation.
I love reading debates between SJWs and Neo Nazis. You can literally 'feel' the veins throbbing in their foreheads as they all become increasingly inarticulate with rage. Big lolz. FB is a great source of entertainment. So much trigger.

The Emperor of Mankind

The authorities must be putting something in the water supplies.

Heh, I don't know about that, but something strange is going on. The politics of victimhood seems to have taken hold of significant parts of the Left who only seem to want to defend oppressive ideologies that aren't Christianity. It only seems to matter to these people that Muslims are a minority here and they don't want to hear about how Islamic countries are socially repressive ****-holes.

It's really sad - and mind-boggling - that the RL is actively siding with the oppressors and throwing LGBTs under the bus for protesting that their fellows are either repressed or killed in Muslim countries.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's really sad - and mind-boggling - that the RL is actively siding with the oppressors and throwing LGBTs under the bus for protesting that their fellows are either repressed or killed in Muslim countries.
Exactly! This RL, they'll whine and complain over things that are really trivial and like a guy complimenting a woman on her appearance is such a great and terrible evil, but yet they expect us to just accept the way women are treated in places like Saudi Arabia, even though she's completely covered up from head to toe because they hold her responsible for the actions of men? Does the RL not realize that Muslims are instructed to read and uphold the Bible as well? The same Bible that the suppression of women, degradation and execution of homosexuals, and death for the infidel?
Why, really, is it we could hold a mock public execution of Jesus and crap on his grave, and it would be just fine and protected speech, but an "insider" with actual first hand experience like Maajid Nawaz is labeled a hater be the SPLC for speaking out against the cruelties and atrocities committed in Middle Eastern/Muslim societies? Why do they not stand with Nawaz and support his criticisms against those who mistreat women and LBGT in Muslim places?

The Emperor of Mankind

Exactly! This RL, they'll whine and complain over things that are really trivial and like a guy complimenting a woman on her appearance is such a great and terrible evil, but yet they expect us to just accept the way women are treated in places like Saudi Arabia, even though she's completely covered up from head to toe because they hold her responsible for the actions of men? Does the RL not realize that Muslims are instructed to read and uphold the Bible as well? The same Bible that the suppression of women, degradation and execution of homosexuals, and death for the infidel?
Why, really, is it we could hold a mock public execution of Jesus and crap on his grave, and it would be just fine and protected speech, but an "insider" with actual first hand experience like Maajid Nawaz is labeled a hater be the SPLC for speaking out against the cruelties and atrocities committed in Middle Eastern/Muslim societies? Why do they not stand with Nawaz and support his criticisms against those who mistreat women and LBGT in Muslim places?

I think the answer to most of these questions is that Muslims are minorities in Western societies. So basically any criticism of Islam or undesirable Muslim behaviour resulting from belief in Islam is seen as 'punching down'. This was a common complaint in the face of the Charlie Hebdo cartoons - that the cartoons were an attack on Muslims and it was 'punching down' at an already persecuted minority - even though CH also draws mocking cartoons of Jews and Catholics which itself drew pretty much no criticism from the Left AFAIK. I suspect the reason it's okay to mock, criticise and belittle Christianity in the eyes of groups who actively defend Islam from the same thing is because Christianity is synonymous with the establishment in more than a few Western countries so belittling or criticising Christianity is seen as challenging existing power structures.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Council of Ex-Muslims in Britain recently took part in a Pride march through London. They were protesting, and trying to draw attention to, the treatment of LGBTs in at least a dozen Islamic countries where homosexuality is a capital crime. Yet the Regressive Left have come out in force to stop this horrible display of subjecting Islam to the same criticism as any other religion.

Ex-Muslims like Maryam Namazie have been accused of bigotry against Muslims for pointing out that Islam is a homophobic belief system by people who would much rather ignore the social cleansing of gay people in Chechnya by an Islamist government (and allied religious scholars) than risk being called an 'Islamophobe'. From the Treasurer of the Fire Brigades Union to Unite Against Fascism, to the Respect Party, plenty of self-identifying left-leaning groups seem all-too-eager to tell former Muslims & LGBTs that they've got no reason at all to stand against Islam, and that any problems with homophobia that they do point out is virtue-signalling - which is a rather ironic accusation to make if you think about it.

CEMB carried 'controversial' protest signs (i.e. signs that were only controversial because they were in relation to Islam) like "Allah is gay" and "We're here, we're kaffir, get used to it". Police initially attempted to take such signs off the marchers because they were 'offensive' (even though that isn't a criminal offence) even though "Jesus was gay" or "Jesus had two daddies" are apparently quite common at Pride marches and haven't caused nearly as much of an issue.

DEPw5bIXkAEdtgO.jpg

DENsd-_WAAA5sGv.jpg

cemb-pride-650x434.jpg

I speculate that a part of this phenomenon stems from fear, ie, if criticism
of Islam isn't quashed, the more violent elements will retaliate with terrorism.