• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ex-Muslim atheist and Muslim close friends with each other?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Does anyone know of any examples of an Ex-Muslim atheist and a Muslim who are close friends with each other? Does anyone know of any examples of an Ex-Muslim atheist and a Muslim working together in some kind of community service?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Does anyone know of any examples of an Ex-Muslim atheist and a Muslim who are close friends with each other? Does anyone know of any examples of an Ex-Muslim atheist and a Muslim working together in some kind of community service?

I am personally aware of the Unitarian Universalists locally that have in their membership a few ex-Muslim atheists, and have worked on habitat projects with Muslims, and of course by far mostly Christians, but these are very moderate local Chapel Hill Muslims and not typical. This did not involve a deep relationship of long term friendship nor working together.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I would not know in person since I don't ask people what their religious beliefs, or lack thereof, are. And, in fact, in person people don't often even mention religion.

Shad

Veteran Member

Yup to this question and the OP. Granted the Muslims are moderates so there are less issues regarding religion or lack of.