• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ex-Husband wins $9 million dollar case from “wife’s lover” in alienation of affection case.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Very painful to watch but also interesting to know about cases like these. I wish we had laws like this in California. But seeing the video of the manly begging and yearning for his wife is very disheartening. I just cannot understand the mentality of some women today. If you’re not happy in a relationship or a marriage talk it out, see counseling, or get a divorce or perhaps don’t get married.

It’s bad enough that this man was begging for his wife, it’s another having to relive the pain by suing the lover and having to see the many in this court case.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That's what happens when there is Common Law.
You empower judges to deliver the most stupid, irrational, partial, anti-juridic verdicts.

Civil Code: only the spouse and no other third has juridic duties towards the other spouse.
period

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Very painful to watch but also interesting to know about cases like these. I wish we had laws like this in California. But seeing the video of the manly begging and yearning for his wife is very disheartening. I just cannot understand the mentality of some women today. If you’re not happy in a relationship or a marriage talk it out, see counseling, or get a divorce or perhaps don’t get married.

It’s bad enough that this man was begging for his wife, it’s another having to relive the pain by suing the lover and having to see the many in this court case.

I find it amusing if only that marriage should mean something for both parties. If the wife wants to play around and go be with someone else she should get the divorce first. I feel the same holds true for men as well... It's only fair -- if you're seeking something outside the marriage you should have the courtesy to stop playing games with the other individual so they can move on with THEIR life.

IMHO, 9 million is too cheap. I guess I take marriage seriously... (honestly, any promise) No amount of money mends a bruised heart, but this behavior is childish and ridiculous. I just don't know why people can't keep to their commitments or formally break them. She literally destroyed his life, not that I absolve him completely of fault. There should be some penalty to that.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
IMHO, 9 million is too cheap. I guess I take marriage seriously... (honestly, any promise) No amount of money mends a bruised heart, but this behavior is childish and ridiculous. I just don't know why people can't keep to their commitments or formally break them. She literally destroyed his life, not that I absolve him completely of fault. There should be some penalty to that.
Wait...he sued the lover, not the wife
didn't he?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Wait...he sued the lover, not the wife
didn't he?

Yeah, I get it though. That man could have kept her honest, aka said something like, "If you wanna be with me, you gotta break it off with dude." He's at fault as well. I find it kinda strange to blame him solely though, I think he should be able to sue them both lol.

I simply think if marriage is a legal contract (most states believe it is) then there should be some penalty to breaking it. If you aren't going to commit to something then don't do it. I even think divorce is silly as a concept and probably should be outlawed. If you don't know someone well enough to know you are going to keep them then don't make that damn promise in the first place. (Yeah, I just feel that strongly in regard to promises...) The "innocent" in this conversation is no one, as the boyfriend is an enabler of the wife's indiscretion. It could be argued that the wife wouldn't have left or be wooed away without that guy doing something.

(I find only a couple of divorce situations acceptable -- like someone decides they're going to be a meth addict, hurt people, etc... whole other can of worms.)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Well, at least it doesn't appear they have any kids. That's a plus.

My own parents broke up under similar circumstances, although my dad didn't sue for $9 million. That would have come in handy.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
(I find only a couple of divorce situations acceptable -- like someone decides they're going to be a meth addict, hurt people, etc... whole other can of worms.)

Well...here divorces are not that frequent, but that's because marital infidelity isn't considered that tragic. I guess.
phpBZ3ySMAM.jpg

PureX

Veteran Member
If all sitting in judgment of others nets us is a feeling of righteous indignation, or self-righteous superiority, I think we will have wasted our time and energy. If, however, it helps us to see into ourselves a little more clearly, and to ferret out some of our own ignorance, bias, and hypocrisy, then it was probably worth the effort.

There is no end, these days, to stories like this; where the appearance of some outrageous injustice was done, or some inexplicable judgment was handed down in some court, or some teacher posed some outrageously biased intellectual paradigm, or whatever. It's basically the multi-media version of "click bait", intended only to make you look at an advertisement or two in return for providing us with some phony excuse to stroke our own egos.

I'm just sayin'; it might be wiser to simply avoid this sort of hyperbolic "news" all together. Most of it's phony, or rendered wildly incomplete so as to increase it's shock value and make it stand out in a sea of useless BS, all trying to achieve the same selfish goal.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I find it amusing if only that marriage should mean something for both parties. If the wife wants to play around and go be with someone else she should get the divorce first. I feel the same holds true for men as well... It's only fair -- if you're seeking something outside the marriage you should have the courtesy to stop playing games with the other individual so they can move on with THEIR life.

Two things purely anecdotal:

1) Fear or telling the truth

2) Complacency

In my experience some women lie to try and not break the individuals heart some folks think “ignorance is bliss” and what they don’t know the act never happened. Two, some people are complacent in their relationships but aren’t happy and you know, open themselves up to be satisfied momentarily elsewhere.

I know two cases where two women wanted to step outside their marriage with me. One, was because she was unhappy and didn’t want to be married anymore and wanted to be single. The other wanted to know what it was like to sleep with a black man. The latter decided not to step out because she was a traditional Latina with a Catholic background so she decided to remain faithful (this of course was after I shut down her advancements).

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
If all sitting in judgment of others nets us is a feeling of righteous indignation, or self-righteous superiority, I think we will have wasted our time and energy. If, however, it helps us to see into ourselves a little more clearly, and to ferret out some of our own ignorance, bias, and hypocrisy, then it was probably worth the effort.

There is no end, these days, to stories like this; where the appearance of some outrageous injustice was done, or some inexplicable judgment was handed down in some court, or some teacher posed some outrageously biased intellectual paradigm, or whatever. It's basically the multi-media version of "click bait", intended only to make you look at an advertisement or two in return for providing us with some phony excuse to stroke our own egos.

I'm just sayin'; it might be wiser to simply avoid this sort of hyperbolic "news" all together. Most of it's phony, or rendered wildly incomplete so as to increase it's shock value and make it stand out in a sea of useless BS, all trying to achieve the same selfish goal.

Thank you for the word salad professor. This is news because for one, never heard of something dealing with marital law where the offended party in this case the husband, can sue the lover. Two, this speaks of the culture we live in where we have a continual disregard for another person’s feelings by video recording them then justify their infidelity by being a pseudo-victim in this case the ex-wife, saying “I don’t want this” in the video.

This points to a growing cultural mindset where both men and women but in this case a woman, lose regard for another person’s feelings by being deceitful. This growing technological age is partially to blame because technology is so accessible where someone on their own can be famous therefore we are less dependent upon others.

Couple this with the bio-psychological perspective with women wanting men with resources for the survivabikity of their genes you have a system of total disconnect and disregard of the emotions of others. Of course there are situational outliers but ultimately the point in this thread is one, highlighting a law I was unaware of, and two a growing disconnect as well as a disregard of relationships especially in first world countries.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
Thank you for the word salad professor. This is news because for one, never heard of something dealing with marital law where the offended party in this case the husband can sue the lover. Two, this speaks of the culture we live in where we have a continual disregard for another person’s feelings by video recording them, the ln justify their infidelity by being a pseudo-victim in this case the ex-wife saying “I don’t want this” in the video.

This points to a growing cultural mindset where both men and women but in this case a woman, lose disregard for another person’s feelings by being deceitful. This growing technological age is partially to blame because technology is accessible where someone on their own can be famous therefore we are less dependent upon others.

Couple this with the bio-psychological perspective with women wanting men with resources for the survivabikity of their genes you have a system of total disconnect and disregard of the emotions of others. Of course there are situational outliers but ultimately the point in this thread is one, highlighting a law I was unaware of, and two a growing disconnect as well as a disregard of relationships especially in first world countries.
So, what have you actually gained from ingesting this "issue-salad", then?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Well, at least it doesn't appear they have any kids. That's a plus.

My own parents broke up under similar circumstances, although my dad didn't sue for $9 million. That would have come in handy.

Look at the video the woman looks like she is holding a baby-could be theirs

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
So, what have you actually gained from ingesting this "issue-salad", then?

Nothing from what you wrote (although I understood your position despite you speaking a lot without getting directly to the point). What I got from the video is:

1) Don’t trust females

2) Don’t get married

3) Guard your feelings

I refuse to be on camera begging “that’s my wife” the old Compton in me would say B**ch bye

PureX

Veteran Member
Nothing from what you wrote (although I understood your position despite you speaking a lot without getting directly to the point). What I got from the video is:

1) Don’t trust females

2) Don’t get married

3) Guard your feelings

I refuse to be on camera begging “that’s my wife” the old Compton in me would say B**ch bye
Do you really think those are valuable 'insights' for you to have gained?

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Two things purely anecdotal:

1) Fear or telling the truth

2) Complacency

In my experience some women lie to try and not break the individuals heart some folks think “ignorance is bliss” and what they don’t know the act never happened. Two, some people are complacent in their relationships but aren’t happy and you know, open themselves up to be satisfied momentarily elsewhere.

I know two cases where two women wanted to step outside their marriage with me. One, was because she was unhappy and didn’t want to be married anymore and wanted to be single. The other wanted to know what it was like to sleep with a black man. The latter decided not to step out because she was a traditional Latina with a Catholic background so she decided to remain faithful (this of course was after I shut down her advancements).

lying to not break a heart, is like shoving a wedge into a fracture, the truth bomb when it lands, it most of the time eventually does is the hammer. Result: heart isn't broken, it's split in half or completely shattered.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Look at the video the woman looks like she is holding a baby-could be theirs

I just looked at it again, and you're right. They showed one picture with the baby, but the face was blurred out. That may be why I missed it before.

It was rather painful to watch. You'd think that he would have realized it was over when she moved out.

I guess that's one reason I never married, since I've seen a lot of divorce; and marriage doesn't really seem like it's that much of a serious commitment. I've often heard it said that "men are afraid of commitment," but where is the "commitment" in something that's so easily discardable nowadays?

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I just looked at it again, and you're right. They showed one picture with the baby, but the face was blurred out. That may be why I missed it before.

It was rather painful to watch. You'd think that he would have realized it was over when she moved out.

I guess that's one reason I never married, since I've seen a lot of divorce; and marriage doesn't really seem like it's that much of a serious commitment. I've often heard it said that "men are afraid of commitment," but where is the "commitment" in something that's so easily discardable nowadays?
it was over but she didn't file for divorce? or separation, she just left cause she seems like a selfish ****. But then again we don't know her side of the story.

Rational Agnostic

1) Don’t trust females

2) Don’t get married

3) Guard your feelings

I don't think this is a problem exclusive to females. Males can also be just as untrustworthy. But I definitely agree with the 3) Guard your feelings. A man should never make a woman his purpose and reason for life, and a woman should never make a man her purpose and reason for life. Making one person your primary purpose is asking for a horrible outcome if that person leaves. Think about the many suicides of well-known celebrities. A large percentage of them have been men who have had their heart broken by women who they made the center of their life. The lesson in this is to find a greater purpose, and never make another person the center of your life. Of course this doesn't mean to avoid relationships or not love others, but it means that one should always have a passion/purpose that does not depend on one person.