• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EVs Are More Efficient than Fuel-Powered Vehicles, Even When Using the Same Amount of Power

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The desperation is really setting in.
I'd like to see these pieces of garbage fare off in long distance endurance races like Baja.

It's not desperation. It's completely laughing ones *** off at the suckered who buys into the ev pitchmans shilling , worthy of late night scam informationals akin to Big Als magic miracle wonder electric Uber super duper lovey car.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'd like to see these pieces of garbage fare off in long distance endurance races like Baja.

It's not desperation. It's completely laughing ones *** off at the suckered who buys into the ev pitchmans shilling , worthy of late night scam informationals akin to Big Als magic miracle wonder electric Uber super duper lovey car.
More desperation. No one is proposing taking them on that sort of trip. Give me half a million or more to modify it as those vehicles have been and it probably out perform them . An electric motor is far simpler than an ICE. If anything is going to fail it will be the latter.

You are sounding just like the people that opposed cars in the first place and thought that they would never replace the horse.

Twilight Hue

A very unreasonable complaint. Yes at a quarter of a charge it will not have quite as much get up and go. So you might now want to go drag racing. For normal use it would still have enough get up and go.
Normal use?

Maybe for the metrosexual it's normal but not most of us.

Twilight Hue

More desperation. No one is proposing taking them on that sort of trip. Give me half a million or more to modify it as those vehicles have been and it probably out perform them . An electric motor is far simpler than an ICE. If anything is going to fail it will be the latter.

You are sounding just like the people that opposed cars in the first place and thought that they would never replace the horse.

Lol. You haven't noticed nobody is actually buying the crap golf carts.

Cept those who enjoy sipping lattes at Starbucks.

Edit. ..

Look at the real ev scam here..

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Normal use?

Maybe for the metrosexual it's normal but not most of us.

I see that you have no clue and even worse you did not check the sources that I linked. Even at 10% which is less than an eighth charge, it will still handily beat most ICE's on the street.

Tell me, what do you drive? Make year and model please.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Lol. You haven't noticed nobody is actually buying the crap golf carts.

Cept those who enjoy sipping lattes at Starbucks.

Edit. ..

Look at the real ev scam here..

I see them all of the time. Perhaps you live in the poor part of town. In fact what you said sounds like someone from the projects. They are not that expensive.

And weird. I put this one this page before your edit. I need to refresh to see it.

EDIT: Does he show his work? Or does he just pull facts and figure out of his donkey? That is not what I would call a reliable source.

Suave

Simulated character
People cant even run air conditioning without incurred massive blackouts and brown outs.

How in the hell are they going to handle millions and millions of evs plugged into a grid? And nobody in their right mind is going to wait a half hour to an hour to charge up as opposed to 10-15 minutes for a fill up and concessions altogether.

Plus the battery is a very poor and pathetic and weak source of sustainable consistent energy in terms of both power and range.

A fuel tank is far more superior in terms of maintaining energy potential , weight, and portability and is consistent never fluctuating in delivering that power.

Batteries cannot even compare.

California’s All-Renewable Moment Shows the Future of the Power Grid
"Solar, wind and other renewables briefly met nearly 100% of the state’s electricity needs."

California’s All-Renewable Moment Shows the Future of the Power Grid - Bloomberg

Truth in love

An argument I have frequently seen against EVs is that they still use the power grid to charge their batteries, thereby supposedly being as damaging to the environment as fuel-powered vehicles. However, the difference in efficiency between the two types of vehicles makes EVs a far more eco-friendly and less costly option in the long term, according to new data:

Where the Energy Goes: Electric Cars

Furthermore:

In comparison, EVs retain 65%-69% of the energy that goes into them, a figure that goes up to 87%-91% when regenerative braking is taken into account:

Electrifying transportation reduces emissions AND saves massive amounts of energy » Yale Climate Connections

In conclusion, even if an EV consumes the equivalent amount of power from a grid to what a fuel-powered vehicle consumes from a gas station, the former will retain and use significantly more of that amount than the latter. By current metrics, EVs are indeed better for the environment, especially in the long term.
Now if we can only get a battery that we can build in large enough quantities it may be a real option.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I still tend to think we're likely to have to at least partially rely on nuclear as I cannot picture "green" doing it all by itself.