• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolutionists: what animals are you descended from?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Question for evolutionists:
What animals are you personally claiming to be descended from?

Thanks

Simple. My parents. Vertebrate, mammals, primates, great apes and homo sapiens, to be precise.

Sort of a strange question. Do non-evolutionists have different sort of parents? Plants, maybe? :)

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Simple. My parents. Vertebrate, mammals, primates, great apes and homo sapiens, to be precise.

Sort of a strange question. Do non-evolutionists have different sort of parents? Plants, maybe? :)

Ciao

- viole
It isn't a strange question. I'm not making a claim of evolution, you are. Therefore it is a personal claim.

Aside from the fact that some evolutionists might disagree with each other, how is it not a 'personal claim'?

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
It isn't a strange question. I'm not making a claim of evolution, you are. Therefore it is a personal claim.

Aside from the fact that some evolutionists might disagree with each other, how is it not a 'personal claim'?

Well, then please accept "my parents" as an answer to your question "what animals do evolutionists believe they descend from".

So, my question to you is: what beings do non-evolutionists believe they descend from?

They are probably not animals. Lettuce, maybe? Or fungi?

Ciao

- viole

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
No, it means scientists are deceiving themselves. Nothing "looks" millions of years old.

OMG. You have NO idea how things work on the molecular level, do you?

I'll leave you to your jokes. Have a good night.

They weren't joking.

Translation: We're guessing! Haha!

Kinda. But these "guesses" are based on evidence. Ancient writings are not evidence. Demonstrable facets on how the material world works are evidence.

That's poppycock.

Not only are you ignorant of the theories, but you are also uneducateable.

That's your opinion. In my humble opinion, millions of years, abiogenesis and macroevolution are all dead wrong.

You have zero evidence to back up your "opinion". YEC and TOE are not on the same level; no matter how much you WANT it to be.

Just admit that scientists are guessing and I'll shut up. You know they are, they don't know anything for sure.

NOW we're getting somewhere! Yes, they are guessing; but their guesses are based on evidence rather than supposition.

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Please consult the dictionary and look up the words "Subjective" and "Objective"; compare them to each other; then you may understand why "evolutionists" are not making "personal claims".

DavidFirth

OMG. You have NO idea how things work on the molecular level, do you?

They weren't joking.

Kinda. But these "guesses" are based on evidence. Ancient writings are not evidence. Demonstrable facets on how the material world works are evidence.

Not only are you ignorant of the theories, but you are also uneducateable.

You have zero evidence to back up your "opinion". YEC and TOE are not on the same level; no matter how much you WANT it to be.

NOW we're getting somewhere! Yes, they are guessing; but their guesses are based on evidence rather than supposition.

YEC science is based on the same evidence. But the word of God trumps all the guessing games.

NewGuyOnTheBlock

YEC science is based on the same evidence.

YEC and "science" is an oxymoron.

YEC begins with a conclusion then seeks to find evidence to support it (regardless of how flimsly it may be); which is an affront to the scientific method.

YEC seeks to "prove" an idea; wich is an affront to the scientific method.

YEC proponents consistently lie, misrepresent facts, and spread ignorance like the disease it is; thus YEC is also anti-Christian.

Another creationist list of lies

DavidFirth

YEC and "science" is an oxymoron.

YEC begins with a conclusion then seeks to find evidence to support it (regardless of how flimsly it may be); which is an affront to the scientific method.

YEC seeks to "prove" an idea; wich is an affront to the scientific method.

YEC proponents consistently lie, misrepresent facts, and spread ignorance like the disease it is; thus YEC is also anti-Christian.

Another creationist list of lies

Opinion noted.

Ralphg

I guess I descend from all animals (i'm orphaned for that..) and on a molecular level I can top (dip into...(!)..) everything....

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
You planning on hanging around for a few million years to test it? That's the only way you can be sure about it.

And what if the Creator created 10,000 years ago with everything in its present state +10,000 years? All of your dating methods are garbage.
ROTFLMAO

All the whining and accusations of "guessing" from you and then you present the wildest guess of all with "creator"....

DavidFirth

ROTFLMAO

All the whining and accusations of "guessing" from you and then you present the wildest guess of all with "creator"....

John 1:18
Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So far no one has given me any decent reason to even consider not being a creationist.
Well there was plenty of valid reasons given, but I understand, it's a scary world out there. It's mentally much more comfortable behind stained glass.