• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution My ToE

dad

Undefeated
Your "former nature" is a fantasy.
Your same state past is a fantasy.
The worldwide flood is a fantasy
Doubting the flood is delusional.

. Whatever evidence is presented contradicting it you simply dismiss with a reorganization of history.

Don't get sore because some folks don't value your religion and belief based dating schemes and dreams.

You're tailoring your apologetics to fit a preconceived religious doctrine.
Science tailors evidence to it's beliefs. Then we get you doing apologetics for them.
Your dismissing good, empirical evidence because it doesn't fit an account you consider axiomatic.
I didmiss NO evidence ever. I dismiss your beliefs and wash them off the evidences that you have sullied.

dad

Undefeated
Hundreds of geologists all over the word have seen it, analyzed it, measured it, dated it, &c. You've seen films of it yourself, on TV, surely?
None have dated it. They have pepper sprayed it with their religious beliefs.

The flood waters came from exactly where science claims iridium comes from. Deep under the earth and from space. The traces found in the KT could be evidence of flood water.

dad

Undefeated
First, the KT boundary is found around the world, associated with the gray thin layer associated with a huge meteor impact.
Possibly associated with erupting founts of the deep (Yucatan) and the waters that both came from space and deep below the earth. I have not yet seen evidence that the direction of the impact was from above rather than from below. Have you any?

There are many sedimentary layers that cover vast regions of the world like limestones and salt, which cannot form in a world flood environment.
So what? A lot of sediment was laid down pre flood, as well as post flood. Additionally, a lot of plates got moved and things shoved around after the flood time (probably when the nature changed around the time of Babel).

The vast amount of volcanic activity, and continental drift cannot possible occur in short period of time because the amount of energy involved violates the Laws of Thermodynamics, and if occured in a short period of time would melt the earth.
False! We EXPECT molten rock and volcanic activity as a result of continents moving rapidly in the former nature *and coming to a stop in this nature). One feature of the former nature is that no great heat was produced by friction and rocks.

The natural processes we see at work in the earth explain the the evidence in the layers of the earth in the history of the earth.
So do different nature in the past and the current present nature. Your religion has no monopoly on how we need to look at things.
There is absolutely no evidence that natural processes were different 10,000, 20,000, or 66 million years ago then the natural processes that are taking place today.

There is absolutely no evidence that natural processes were the same 10,000, 20,000, or 66 million years ago (in your religious imaginary time) as the natural processes that are taking place today

dad

Undefeated
Another duck and dodge. You post nonsense and expect people to believe it. When they don't, you question their knowledge. Well, Mr. Dad, I admit it, I am ignorant of your make-believe history. Just as I am ignorant of the beliefs of any particular five year old who likes to make up stories.
Sorry, I am not going to bring you up to speed on how ancient history indeed was resplendent with references of gods and spirits. If you doubt it and are too lazy to research it, too bad. I'll let the lurkers determine what is the truth of the issue.

dad

Undefeated
No. Not actually.

Japanese Emperor Naruhito has a dinner date with the sun goddess - CNN
The ceremony dates back to around the 7th century, when it was created to reinforce the idea that the Emperor received his right to rule from the sun goddess. "If the Emperor claims descent from the sun goddess, then the stability of his reign is that much more secure," Breen said.​

It was fantasy stuff 1400 years ago and it is fantasy stuff today. That you put any credence into it shows how far off the deep end you really are. It shows that you are ready to believe any silly stuff, even from Japanese religious beliefs.

"Amaterasu (天照), Amaterasu-ōmikami (天照大神/天照大御神/天照皇大神), or Ōhirume-no-muchi-no-kami (大日孁貴神) is a deity of the Japanese myth cycle and also a major deity of the Shinto religion. She is seen as the goddess of the sun and the universe."

Amaterasu - Wikipedia

Since Japan goes way back before the time you mention, we could assume that they got the goddess thing from somewhere in their history.

Shortly after Constantine accepting Jesus, Rome's glory came to an end. Before Christianity, Rome had clean drinking water and sewage facilities. Within 100 years of Rome accepting Christianity, all that ended.

As much as you might respect Caligula, Nero, and other Caesars, I find them disgusting murderous demonic despots.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Let's put aside dates for a moment. Venice is now being flooded. True, the water has not yet elevated to the tops of all the buildings, but excess water has an effect on land, and what is below the land.
Oh. And don't forget -- no organism besides humans make and put on clothing. Hermit crabs may look for shells and tin cans, but only humans for the most part learn how to make clothes. (Hermit crabs do not teach one another how to do that, although so far no hermit crab has spoken to me about it. And I hope he never does.)
Why even bring Venice up? I am sorry but this is not just a poor argument, it is a rather stupid one since no point at alk can be made with it.

And please, no more special pleading involving man's intellect. Yes, we can learn more than other animals. So what?

You need something more than repeated failed arguments.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Possibly associated with erupting founts of the deep (Yucatan) and the waters that both came from space and deep below the earth. I have not yet seen evidence that the direction of the impact was from above rather than from below. Have you any?

The research on the impact site is overwhelming that it was a huge meteorite and the thin gray layer all over the world there are small black silica balls called tektites associated with all meteorite impacts.

Chicxulub crater - Wikipedia details the evidence of the impact crater.

Cretaceous–Paleogene boundary - Wikipedia details the evidence of the thin gray layer containing the tectites that are the primary evidence for the meteorite impact associated with Chixulub crater.

So what? A lot of sediment was laid down pre flood, as well as post flood. Additionally, a lot of plates got moved and things shoved around after the flood time (probably when the nature changed around the time of Babel).

It is a physical matter of fact evidence that the vaste amount of Limestone, salt and gypsum can only be deposited over hundreds of thousands and millions of years. You cannot present any evidence that these deposits can be deposited in a short period of time.

False! We EXPECT molten rock and volcanic activity as a result of continents moving rapidly in the former nature *and coming to a stop in this nature). One feature of the former nature is that no great heat was produced by friction and rocks.

Your knowledge of basic Newtonian physics, the Laws of Thermodynamics, and the amount of evidence of the amount of energy involved in the history of the earth is dismal and without scientific references to support your case.

So do different nature in the past and the current present nature. Your religion has no monopoly on how we need to look at things.

You can look at the evidence all you want, but you have not provided any evidence that time and processes was different in the past.

There is absolutely no evidence that natural processes were the same 10,000, 20,000, or 66 million years ago (in your religious imaginary time) as the natural processes that are taking place today

There is over whelming evidence of no break in the sedimentary in sequences hundreds of years in length physical record over billions of years clearly demonstrated that there is no change i time nor natural processes over the history of the earth.

The vast ancient limestone, coal, gypsum, and salt deposits throughout the geologic strata around the world cannot form in a world flood scenario.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Let's put aside dates for a moment. Venice is now being flooded. True, the water has not yet elevated to the tops of all the buildings, but excess water has an effect on land, and what is below the land.
Oh. And don't forget -- no organism besides humans make and put on clothing. Hermit crabs may look for shells and tin cans, but only humans for the most part learn how to make clothes. (Hermit crabs do not teach one another how to do that, although so far no hermit crab has spoken to me about it. And I hope he never does.)

I am not sure what your point is considering the topic of the thread. Venice? The problems of Venice are in part geography, human folly and global warming. Though some animals understand human language and communicate with humans like dogs and other primates.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Why even bring Venice up? I am sorry but this is not just a poor argument, it is a rather stupid one since no point at alk can be made with it.

And please, no more special pleading involving man's intellect. Yes, we can learn more than other animals. So what?

As far as you're concerned, you know you're right and faith in God is wrong. It is certainly true that various species can have different traits. To be simple about it, birds can fly and raccoons do not. And other traits are considered instinctual. But again -- none of these earlier could or can develop reading and writing. The difference is vast in the thinking ability. (Covering that little percentage point, perhaps, difference between us and predecessors?)
We can learn more than other animals although certainly there are unique distinctions. And developers can base projects on the attributes that animals have. When Animals Inspire Inventions | Innovation | Smithsonian

YoursTrue

I am not sure what your point is considering the topic of the thread. Venice? The problems of Venice are in part geography, human folly and global warming. Though some animals understand human language and communicate with humans like dogs and other primates.
The point is that if enough water is dropped on the earth, topography changes, even those things that have been here for a long time. Animals do not leave history books or records of their lineage. To the best of my knowledge, they just live without wondering how they got there. Or where they're going, or why they die, and they don't teach (again, to the best of my knowledge) evolution or creation.

YoursTrue

I truly doubt an animal can understand what is read to him from, let's say, a newspaper. Or a written notice from the housing development.

dad

Undefeated
The research on the impact site is overwhelming that it was a huge meteorite and the thin gray layer all over the world there are small black silica balls called tektites associated with all meteorite impacts.

Chicxulub crater - Wikipedia details the evidence of the impact crater.
If there is something from the link you want to post do so. I saw nothing even relative.

I did see this

"Evidence for the impact origin of the crater includes shocked quartz,[7] a gravity anomaly, and tektites in surrounding areas."

Yes there is shocked quartz, so not prove that the direction was up to down?
Cretaceous–Paleogene boundary - Wikipedia details the evidence of the thin gray layer containing the tectites that are the primary evidence for the meteorite impact associated with Chixulub crater.

Irrelevant. If the impact was from below going up we still get these!

It is a physical matter of fact evidence that the vaste amount of Limestone, salt and gypsum can only be deposited over hundreds of thousands and millions of years. You cannot present any evidence that these deposits can be deposited in a short period of time.
How about if the innards of the planet gushed them up? Not a lot of time needed then.

Your knowledge of basic Newtonian physics, the Laws of Thermodynamics, and the amount of evidence of the amount of energy involved in the history of the earth is dismal and without scientific references to support your case.
You trying to apply them to a different nature is a dismal grasping at straws.

You can look at the evidence all you want, but you have not provided any evidence that time and processes was different in the past.
Never said time was different here, and of course processes would be different if nature was! The issue you avoid is that you must prove a same nature existed if you want to use it's rules.

There is over whelming evidence of no break in the sedimentary in sequences hundreds of years in length physical record over billions of years clearly demonstrated that there is no change i time nor natural processes over the history of the earth.

Faster deposition in the former nature, combined with uplift..subduction..shoving continents around..piling thing up..in some areas etc etc.
The vast ancient limestone, coal, gypsum, and salt deposits throughout the geologic strata around the world cannot form in a world flood scenario.

I agree. Much was here before the flood year and much happened after.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As far as you're concerned, you know you're right and faith in God is wrong. It is certainly true that various species can have different traits. To be simple about it, birds can fly and raccoons do not. And other traits are considered instinctual. But again -- none of these earlier could or can develop reading and writing. The difference is vast in the thinking ability. (Covering that little percentage point, perhaps, difference between us and predecessors?)
We can learn more than other animals although certainly there are unique distinctions. And developers can base projects on the attributes that animals have. When Animals Inspire Inventions | Innovation | Smithsonian
Please, no false accusations. Faith is your weakness, not mine. You keep using exceptionally poor arguments. They are based upon your lack of knowledge which all but guarantee that they fail. You don't try to use any arguments based upon what you know because you realize that these fail too.

There is only one solution for you. You need to try to learn.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Half the population of Egypt suddenly leaves, with no sign or record of economic effects?
A couple million people live for forty years in a hot, sere desert, raising families, feeding their flocks, eating, drinking, pooping, burying their dead? How did they manage this?
Even more unbelievable, this massive population left no sign of ever existing, in a sun-baked desert, with low biologic turnover, that would desiccate/preserve pretty much anything organic?
Now that's a miracle!
So...you present your evidence, but ignore mine? Got it.

Actually, your evidence is lack of, which isn’t evidence.

But I’ll reply:
What was an ancient nomadic people (for only 40 years) supposed to leave behind, @Valjean ? Candy wrappers?
They didn’t build any structures...they lived in tents.
And the Bible highlights some miracles were involved: their clothing and sandals never wore out. (Deuteronomy 8:4) The manna was provided, but couldn’t even be saved for the next day.... except on the Sabbath.

And why are there chariot wheels at the bottom of the Red Sea?

Attachments

• 7877696E-F2C1-43B1-A40C-8C3742042F65.jpeg
    7877696E-F2C1-43B1-A40C-8C3742042F65.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Half the population of Egypt suddenly leaves, with no sign or record of economic effects?

Please...Ancient peoples were known for downplaying nationally-humiliating events, even erasing evidence of such.

I guess you think the Jewish Passover is based on lies, then?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So...you present your evidence, but ignore mine? Got it.

Actually, your evidence is lack of, which isn’t evidence.

But I’ll reply:
What was an ancient nomadic people (for only 40 years) supposed to leave behind, @Valjean ? Candy wrappers?
They didn’t build any structures...they lived in tents.
And the Bible highlights some miracles were involved: their clothing and sandals never wore out. (Deuteronomy 8:4) The manna was provided, but couldn’t even be saved for the next day.... except on the Sabbath.

And why are there chariot wheels at the bottom of the Red Sea?
LMFAO!! Oh thank you for the best laugh that I have had today. Nothing tells us more about the incompetence of literalists than the photographs of Ron Wyatt of recent materials from ships.

Once again, if you value your toes stay away from firearms of any sort. You must have known that it was my birthday.

YoursTrue

Here's an interesting one, from National Geographic about the melting ice in Antarctica. It was nice to see the photos, gives me another picture of the world.
What the World Would Look Like if All the Ice Melted
Now they say if all the ice melted (and it would take time, but -- temps are rising in the oceans) many major cities and parts of the coasts would be under water. Sea levels would rise 200 feet, scientists predict. Now combine that with a large, long rainfall.