• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution My ToE

dad

Undefeated
Again, the Bible contains claims. Where is the evidence?
You concentrate on people today if you want to document that they actually exist. You sure can't go back in time and do it. Nor have you any evidence to suggest that the people who were there and did document lives are wrong.

I know a guy who says he's Napoleon Bonaparte reincarnated. His evidence that he is Napoleon Bonaparte reincarnated comes from the voice in his head that tells him he is Napoleon Bonaparte reincarnated. He must be Napoleon Bonaparte reincarnated, right?
If you struggle with knowing, not sure we can help you here.
We're using your bizarre line of logic here where whatever anybody claims is true until shown otherwise.
Scripture and ancient history are nothing like that. You simply wish to wave it all away fro no sane reason.

dad

Undefeated
No,. we are able to check out quite a few of the Bible claims. Or did you forget the failure of Luke's Nativity?
I do not forget things made up.
No, I did not say that. I said some of it was written after the fact. Not all of it.
I see. So some Scripture was a con job pretending to be prophesy written after the fact. Got it.
There are clear failed prophecies in the Bible.
There are clear limits to your comprehension. The bible is fine.
There is history written as prophecy in the Bible.

Blasphemy and false accusation.
There are prophecies that fail because they are overly vague.
For those who cannot see, many things seem vague.

What we do not see is the successful prophecy
To you, nothing God says is successful. If He says the temple would be torn down, you say ...whatever....
. And I never said that Mary was a con artist.
You accused her of sleeping around and lying.

And yes, Paul was almost certainly mentally ill.

Your demonic prognosis is noted.

dad

Undefeated
I think that he is the one that understands the difference. His example shows that you do not seem to know the difference. Try to practice logical consistency.
Even comparing ancient history and Scripture to comics shows a gaping comprehension/honesty gap.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Scripture and ancient history are nothing like that. You simply wish to wave it all away fro no sane reason
Scripture and ancient history are two separate things. You cannot claim that history supports scripture and then reject history when it contradicts it. That shows your claims to be false when you do that. The Romans were very good record keepers. There was on one universal census. People were not foolishly ordered to go back to where they came from to be counted. In fact that would be counterproductive. The census was for tax purposes so one would be counted where one lived and worked. Where one came from did not matter. You cannot tax Bethlehem for a person that does not live or work there. And we know the date of the censuses. You want Mary to have a ten year gestation period. Now THAT would be a miracle!

dad

Undefeated
Scripture and ancient history are two separate things. You cannot claim that history supports scripture and then reject history when it contradicts it.
What was pointed out was that both contain bountiful references to spirits. Not that there was some broad agreement.

That shows your claims to be false when you do that. The Romans were very good record keepers. There was on one universal census. People were not foolishly ordered to go back to where they came from to be counted. In fact that would be counterproductive. The census was for tax purposes so one would be counted where one lived and worked. Where one came from did not matter. You cannot tax Bethlehem for a person that does not live or work there.
You do realize that David was from Bethlehem? Mary was of the seed of David...need more?
And we know the date of the censuses.
Some, yes. You are missing info on the one in Luke.
You simply chose to embrace shallow claims that fit into your vortex of blasphemy and doubt paradigm.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I do not forget things made up.

Not made up. Historical records that refute your myth. You cannot both claim that history supports you and then deny history.

I see. So some Scripture was a con job pretending to be prophesy written after the fact. Got it.

History written as prophecy does not mean a con job. Tell me, why do you think that the Bible is a con job? We might be able to agree on something.

There are clear limits to your comprehension. The bible is fine.

No, the Bible has been refuted countless times. If my comprehension is limited then why am I the only one that can support one's claims between the two of us?

Blasphemy and false accusation.

You are too harsh on yourself at times.

For those who cannot see, many things seem vague.

You have that backwards. For those that cannot see it is easy to make up nonsense. That is why there are thousands of sects of Christianity.

To you, nothing God says is successful. If He says the temple would be torn down, you say ...whatever....

Where has God ever said anything? Again you need to be able to support such a claim with massive CONSISTENT evidence.

You accused her of sleeping around and lying.

Not really. That was your interpretation. Who knows, she may have done the nasty with good old Joseph ahead of time. We really have no clue at all as to how she got knocked up.

Your demonic prognosis is noted.

Oh my! Fantasy will get you nowhere. Let's not use personal attacks. That is going over the line a bit.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What was pointed out was that both contain bountiful references to spirits. Not that there was some broad agreement.

The agreement is very broad, and at times refuted. Such as the Exodus. Using the timing of the Bible the Hebrews escaped Egypt and went back to . . . Egypt. At that time what is now Israel was part of Egypt's empire.

You do realize that David was from Bethlehem? Mary was of the seed of David...need more?
Some, yes. You are missing info on the one in Luke.
You simply chose to embrace shallow claims that fit into your vortex of blasphemy and doubt paradigm.

So what if David was from Bethlehem? That does not matter in any way. And no real evidence of Mary's descent has ever been presented. A census would not have one go back to where one came from. Perhaps you do not know what a census is or their purpose. Having people go back to where they came from would be as pointless and impossible as the U.S requiring Mexican immigrants (legal and illegal) to go back to Mexico to be counted. Censuses are done based upon where people live and make their money. Anyone that understands censuses instantly can see that Luke screwed the pooch on that one.

dad

Undefeated
Not made up. Historical records that refute your myth.
History abounds with spirits actually. That refutes those who claim there are none, not me.

History written as prophecy does not mean a con job.
Look up the meaning of 'foretold' or prophesy.

No, the Bible has been refuted countless times. If my comprehension is limited then why am I the only one that can support one's claims between the two of us?
In your head doesn't count.

For those that cannot see it is easy to make up nonsense. That is why there are thousands of sects of Christianity.
Don't try to offer family differences in opinion as some excuse for unbelief and blasphemy.
Where has God ever said anything?
In His word.

Not really. That was your interpretation. Who knows, she may have done the nasty with good old Joseph ahead of time.
More blasphemy based on ignorance and denial.
We really have no clue at all as to how she got knocked up.
We do know no man was involved, only God.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
You cannot investigate spirits now, let alone those that appeared momentarily thousands of years ago. Admit it.
What does that have to do with investigating the Pregnancy of Mary?

Is it your claim she was spiritually pregnant?