• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

tas8831

Darwin's theory of national selection was publish in 1859.
Great insights!
Darwin would have been well aware of how humans, since the dawn of civilization, consciously bred animals and plants to enhance their desirable properties. This is called human selection.
No, it is called artificial selection, and Darwin wrote a lot about that.

Cool how you admit to having never read anything on the topic without coming right out and saying so.
Darwin had a medical degree and he was well aware of the science of his day.
Again with the cryptic admission of ignorance! So cool!
Statistical science was not new. If you look in Wikipedia, the first use of statistical math dates back to roughly 800 AD, a thousand years before Darwin's paper was published.
"Paper"? The 502 page 'paper'? That had a hard cover and a binding and all that?

Here you go, champ - read his "paper" for the first time:
Darwin Online: Darwin's Publications

I like that site because there are searchable texts. Makes it easy to prove that creationists are not being honest when they talk about it.
Natural selection was consistent with the religious views of monotheism and an omniscience God.

An "omniscience God"? Why didn't you say so!
Natural selection ends up with the best of the best under any given set of conditions.
Like the best virus, or the best pathogenic bacteria, or the best predator. Awesome.
*snip gibberish*

The reverse discrimination being employed by the left,

Ah, there we go!

Johnny QAnon/White Supremacist/'Proud Boy' rears his ugly, ugly head of whiny lies...
The politics you now see, that misrepresents Darwin,
You mean YOUR dopey right-wing white supremacist politics? Yeah, I see your type ranting about 'survival of the fittest' quite a bit.

is based on the polytheism of statistical models and gambling
That is some crazy revisionism, right there...
In rational sciences, theories need to hit the bull's eye. Recently they sent a Mars rover to Mars without any human control to fine tune the descent. This mission was based on objective science, since it hit the bulls eye with the theory, after shot left the earth.
What theory was that, pray tell?
Darwin envisioned the bulls eye and not just hitting the target support stand via polytheism and whims of the gods.
Wow, that is some amazing.... words...

No wonder you never reply to anyone and just write these crazed, meandering, righty-political diatribes based on ignorance of the subject at hand - it is all you are capable of.

QAnon had demolished your ability to reason.

tas8831

Can't have the Theory without another theory of how did it start.
That is ridiculous.

Do you think the same about Germ Theory? Universal Theory of Gravitation?

Clueless is as clueless starts thread after thread asking dopey questions and making dopier assertions.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What humans do and what evolution does is irrelevant to what you claim about your God having a reason and purpose to let children be born with deadly genetic diseases. That's on your God. Can you defend this as moral and loving?
F1fan, I think you may be looking at this question too narrowly. From a more global perspective some of these religious people have a point, about their cruel, violent god. -- though they might not be aware of it.
Society as a unified whole; an organism.

Consider: Apoptosis is necessary for the health of the organism.
When I received my Covid jabs, how many thousands of cells were violently shredded by the needles? -- all for the good of the whole.
Trees, meet forest.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Liked your post 381 very much. But what do you mean by the two here? There is a theory of how germs evolved and there are other observations about what effect they cause in humans (or animals). Same about the Universal theory of gravitation. One would describe how gravitation came about and another would be about its effects. I am a bit perplexed here.
I can't say anyone understands everything about science, can you?
I do, including what science does not know today and is working on that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Liked your post 381 very much. But what do you mean by the two here? There is a theory of how germs evolved and there are other observations about what effect they cause in humans (or animals). Same about the Universal theory of gravitation. One would describe how gravitation came about and another would be about its effects. I am a bit perplexed here.
He was talking about the germ theory of disease, that is that most diseases are caused by micro-organisms. And Einstein's General Relativity. It is the theory that corrects many of the problems of Newton's Universal Law of Gravitation.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A couple of things here. As far as the sad occurrence with those born with defects such as leukemia, it happens. Yes, God allows these sad things to happen. And it is sad, whether a person believes in God or not. God did not cause these sad things to happen, but He permits it. What God did cause is death for humans and the currently onward progression towards death.
Hawkings is surmising what happened.
Two humans not God.

Decide to have sex.

Sometimes just for sex. Other times to conceive a baby. Believing the baby as a baby will be the baby.

Baby created healthy equal human.

God themes support of existence as all highest forms. Human told. Observed. Themed. Stories

So what is not of God. One. Stone seals god...dusts God... minerals chemicals God,?

Life's support.

Radiation.

What science uses.

How life was mutated not of God.

A human teaching living upon a planet they named God. One. The stone and sealed.

Basic human observation. Humans living. A human looking at another human.

Who theoried a human belief as a thesis I know everything?

A human scientist did.

Who says as that human God info told me.

Yet he applied research just like he does today. Wrote as Mr know it all the bible.

So if you knew then as he believes as a man all things why research today.

A thesis is not fact it is just a human thinking.

Now if you say a speaking God told you. Then you have to write reasons why a human heard voices speaking from out of the heavens.

Says it is father.

Only a human by sex is a father.

Ice age.
Dinosaur natural history.
Extinct.
No history.

Ice age.
Animal life.
Human life.

Science heard man voice speaking.

Conditions atmosphere. State recording. To hear voice is recorded.

State itself exists before any life form. To record image or voice the state within atmosphere.

Human evidence machine parts inside stone. Human artefacts inside coal.

Human life pre existed burnt to death by father of science human. Warning. Satanism. Science.

Voice recorded imagery caused by machine designed by humans caused.

Reasoning uses machines with exact circumstance recorded image and voice today. Proves he knew.

Common sense.

If you hear voice man speaking before all form bio you would think it a man god. Not an old human father who killed us all by science human chosen.

Telling human science theories just human believed as a theist.

A human as a theist is a human thinking. And you aren't any God.

No man is God bible stated. Already learnt what human science did.

Real reason he lied. He never knew.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
That is ridiculous.

Clueless is as clueless starts thread after thread asking dopey questions and making dopier assertions.
It's not ridiculous. Unless you think there's life in separate columns. Like life for germs, life for humans, life for plants, and they do not interact by need with each other.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
And yet you keep asking for a specific extinct ancestor. Kind of belies your claims, eh?
Nope not true. The claims of life just coming about by evolutionary relationships just don't add up to logic. It's like trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle, claiming it's a design, but the pieces don't fit.

tas8831

It's not ridiculous. Unless you think there's life in separate columns. Like life for germs, life for humans, life for plants, and they do not interact by need with each other.
No, it is truly ridiculous.

The Germ Theory of Disease does not also contain a theory on how 'germs' came to be.

The Theory of Evolution is about how living things change over time, not about how life came to be.

Why are you OK with Germ Theory not explaining how germs came to be?

I know you think you have some sort of special argument - many creationists (even, sadly, the "professional" ones that should not better) do the same, but it truly is a desperate move, not a clever one.

Last edited:

tas8831

Nope not true. The claims of life just coming about by evolutionary relationships just don't add up to logic.
Let's un-pack that -

"The claims of life just coming about by evolutionary relationships"

Strawman. You have been told many, many, many times that the ToE is NOT about 'life just coming about'.
It is NOT about abiogenesis. It IS about how living things change over time.

"just don't add up to logic."

Add up to logic... Add up to logic... o_O
Can you show me the formula for 'adding up to logic'?
I'm afraid I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

It's like trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle, claiming it's a design, but the pieces don't fit.
Yes, I agree that the Design/creation argument is like trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle, claiming it's a design, but the pieces don't fit.
How does that add up to logic?