• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution Deniers more Bigoted

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I don't claim anything, in reality. But if it tells me "If you hate your neighbor you do not know God" and then says "Love your neighbor," it has defined for me what is right and what is wrong.

Then what your neighbor do, is not wrong or right. You need more than that.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
g
No, you say you can determine right and wrong based on what? You tell me, what you base right and wrong on, when it comes to LGBTQ+.
Bottom line....

It doesn't matter what ones life is... (at least in Christian understanding) - in a worst situation (not making a comparison) - David murdered and committed adultery but forgiveness was there from God.

In our faith, when you give your life to Jesus and one let's His Holy Spirit teach us and guide us... He will lead us into all truth and bring abundant life to us.

I needed it. For me, it wasn't an LG issue, it was a promiscuous issue as taught to me by my father.

But God changed it for me.

Kenny

Premium Member
Interesting. I don't recall ever making a choice. I don't even recall being aware that choosing was an option. I must be weird.
We all have an area... may not be someone else's are but we all have an area.

That is why, in our faith, Jesus is for all and to all. (It may differ in other religions)

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
g

Bottom line....

It doesn't matter what ones life is... (at least in Christian understanding) - in a worst situation (not making a comparison) - David murdered and committed adultery but forgiveness was there from God.

In our faith, when you give your life to Jesus and one let's His Holy Spirit teach us and guide us... He will lead us into all truth and bring abundant life to us.

I needed it. For me, it wasn't an LG issue, it was a promiscuous issue as taught to me by my father.

But God changed it for me.

But not all LGTBQ+ people are promiscuous. There is something else going on. If that was all, you could chose with free will to be LGTBQ+ and chose not to be promiscuous. Are you claim that all LGTBQ+ people are promiscuous?

Kenny

Premium Member
But not all LGTBQ+ people are promiscuous. There is something else going on. If that was all, you could chose with free will to be LGTBQ+ and chose not to be promiscuous. Are you claim that all LGTBQ+ people are promiscuous?
I said... that was my issue. Please don't extrapolate my issue with someone else's issue.

Kenny

Premium Member
So being LGTBQ+ is not wrong at all as such, but rather just wrong to you?
For me, the issue is just lining one's life under the banner of Jesus as Lord.

It may be different for other religions.

It isn't about "this is wrong" or "this is right". It isn't about pointing the finger and throwing rocks at perceived rights and wrongs... it is about letting the love of God flow through you and letting His Holy Spirit guide you and change you.

I'm sure other religions have their methods, but I am speaking in line with my faith.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
For me, the issue is just lining one's life under the banner of Jesus as Lord.

It may be different for other religions.

It isn't about "this is wrong" or "this is right". It isn't about pointing the finger and throwing rocks at perceived rights and wrongs... it is about letting the love of God flow through you and letting His Holy Spirit guide you and change you.

I'm sure other religions have their methods, but I am speaking in line with my faith.

As long as you understand that your religion is not the only one under the banner of Jesus as Lord. I am trying to pinpoint some of your earlier posts as to whether your examples are universal for all humans or just for you. I can't pinpoint it, because I can't recall if you claim it is universal or just for you. I suspect you are universal, but I don't know.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Worse than that. Single males tend to be promiscuous. You know what keeps many of them on the straight and narrow? Marriage. If one cannot be with the one that one loves in a union approved by society then promiscuity is the next best thing. It is illogical and immoral to be against both promiscuity among LBGQT and marriage equality.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Unsurprisingly, you are wrong about that.
More religious people accept evolution then there are religious people that deny it.

It's kind of funny actually how you just validated my point. This "realization" of yours is just another thing that flows from your religiously motivated beliefs about evolution.

:rolleyes:

The fact that you choose the word "lifestyle" to describe homosexual orientation, already shows the bigotry.

Because it's an easy and extremely common example.
And again you continue to use the word "lifestyle".
I never did get an answer on what a "homosexual lifestyle" is. (Or a "heterosexual lifestyle" for that matter.)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The question wasn't if you had a choice in what you are going to eat.
The question was if you had a choice in what food you LIKE / LOVE.

Yes, you can choose not to eat your favorite food, just like I have a choice in not having sex with a woman I find hot.

But you don't have a choice in what food you like. Just like I don't have a choice in which woman I find hot.
Thank you!

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Actually, yes.

When I was a teenager I use to gag on fish... they stopped trying to feed it to me. Now I love fish.

Couldn't eat green peppers or squash either. Now I love them. Beets were a no-no too but now it's a favorite..

It's incredible how one can change.

And this is the essence of Christianity... that in a born-again experience you become a new creature and all things become new. New start, new creation and you can become what God wants you to be.
Did you make the conscious choice to like fish, or was it something that happened outside of your control?

Because THAT is the point you keep tapdancing all around.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Actually, yes.

When I was a teenager I use to gag on fish...

And was that by choice? :rolleyes:

No, it wasn't.

Now I love fish.

By arbitrary choice? Nope.

Couldn't eat green peppers or squash either. Now I love them.

By arbitrary choice? Nope.

Beets were a no-no too but now it's a favorite..

By choice? Nope.

It's incredible how one can change.
Even more incredible how it isn't by arbitrary choice, which is the whole point.