• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution by Natural Selection is a fact

Pleroma

philalethist
Evolution by Natural Selection is a fact.

“To put it bluntly but fairly, anyone today who doubts that the variety of life on this planet was produced by a process of evolution is simply ignorant—inexcusably ignorant, in a world where three out of four people have learned to read and write.”

- Daniel C. Dennett

Man of Faith

Natural selection isn't evolution, it is devolution, it is the taking away of information and complexity. And besides natural selection validates Intelligent Design because the genes must be in an organism in order for them to be selected. How did the information for all the different types of dogs get into the very first dog kind?

Last edited:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Natural selection isn't evolution, it is devolution, it is the taking away of information and complexity. And besides natural selection validates Intelligent Design because the genes must be in an organism in order for them to be selected. How did the information for all the different types of dogs get into the very first dog kind?
define "kind" in a manner that is useful outside theology.

Pleroma

philalethist

Intelligent design is not a fact. There is not even a single paper showing evidence for Intelligent Design published in a peer reviewed science journal.

Natural selection adds information, it doesn't take it away.

The very first dog kind did not had all the information for all the different types of dogs in prior, no one added information beforehand. Different sub-species of Dogs got diverged from the first dog kind due to variation and genomic changes in the populations of the sub-species of Gods which is quite natural because of the accumulation of mutations due to the errors in copier systems like the DNA and recombination.

Intelligent design is not a fact. There is not even a single paper showing evidence for Intelligent Design published in a peer reviewed science journal.

Natural selection adds information, it doesn't take it away.

The very first dog kind did not had all the information for all the different types of dogs in prior, no one added information beforehand. Different sub-species of Dogs got diverged from the first dog kind due to variation and genomic changes in the populations of the sub-species of Gods which is quite natural because of the accumulation of mutations due to the errors in copier systems like the DNA and recombination.

Not to be rude, but is everything published fact and even in the field of science do they not work on the premise of theories and laws which could be disproved at some point in time?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Not to be rude, but is everything published fact
It's about credibility. In science, there is a peer review process. If somebody wants their work to be verified and shown to the scientific community at large, they will submit it for peer review, and if the scientists who review it believe it to be credible, it will be published. If something is not peer reviewed in science, it generally means the person who created the idea feared it would be either discounted or discredited, and if something submitted for peer review and rejected, it is generally a sign that the work was not credible or worth publication.

and even in the field of science do they not work on the premise of theories and laws which could be disproved at some point in time?
So? That doesn't mean that all ideas are equally credible.

It's about credibility. In science, there is a peer review process. If somebody wants their work to be verified and shown to the scientific community at large, they will submit it for peer review, and if the scientists who review it believe it to be credible, it will be published. If something is not peer reviewed in science, it generally means the person who created the idea feared it would be either discounted or discredited, and if something submitted for peer review and rejected, it is generally a sign that the work was not credible or worth publication.

So? That doesn't mean that all ideas are equally credible.

True, but only until proven otherwise.

Einstein theories.

I fail to see the point you're making.

ID = Intelligent Design
YEC = Young Earth Creationism

Certain ideas and theories were not considered or even comtemplated until Einstein discovered his theories which opened new possibilities. Would not be ignorant of us as a species to not learn from our past and be open to the possibilities?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Certain ideas and theories were not considered or even comtemplated until Einstein discovered his theories which opened new possibilities. Would not be ignorant of us as a species to not learn from our past and be open to the possibilities?
Who said anything about not being open to possibilities? The point is that there's no point jumping to conclusions without beforehand possessing the evidence that would lead us to that conclusion. It's perfectly possible that I was born from a giant, pink elephant, but until there's evidence that gives me reason to believe that is the case I have absolutely no reason to believe that that suggestion is true.

Who said anything about not being open to possibilities? The point is that there's no point jumping to conclusions without beforehand possessing the evidence that would lead us to that conclusion. It's perfectly possible that I was born from a giant, pink elephant, but until there's evidence that gives me reason to believe that is the case I have absolutely no reason to believe that that suggestion is true.

I apologize if I have misunderstood.