• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evil Spirits/Entities

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Yes evil spirits exist. There would be no opposition if there weren't evil spirits and the Universe would not have good and evil. They can be in living bodies or separated from dead ones. They try to distract you from God's plan. They are increasing in intensity, variety and magnitude. If you want to be free from evil spirits keep the commandments and remember Christ. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we have the gift of the Holy Ghost as our constant companion to help us know right from wrong.

Mathùinean

Do evil spirits or other evil entities exist in your religion or belief structure?

Yes and no. Destructive, chaotic, and harmful entities certainly exist in my tradition, but I try to avoid the good-evil dichotomy. The Fomhòraidh or Eotuinneaidh tend toward destruction and chaos, but they serve an essential purpose in the greater scheme of things—and many can be quite benevolent at times (with some even receiving worship). Likewise, the Daoine Sìth can either be either harmful or helpful or indifferent depending on a wide range of factors.

Do your religion or belief structure incorporate some sort of ritual or practice such as chalking the door? If so, what does that ritual or practice consist of and how does it work?

Yes, it does. There are many customs and practices within my tradition that are designed for such purposes. One example is the practice of saining—it's a lot like smudging, but the plant used is usually juniper rather than sage—which is most commonly performed during the holidays. The smoke from the burning juniper is thought to ward off bad luck, ill will, and malevolent spirits.