• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evil life savers?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I am not the infallible interpretor to be giving signs from above the proper meaning, and knowing how to react, or what actions to take .

What I can say though is, the biggest mistake the signs caused , was a suicide attempt off a building, and saying some things that scared some one who I know, who another person said is "petrified" of me. (Very serious no doubt!)

But had I not "petrified" this person, I could have been an addict the rest of my life!

Since last May, I have been sober over 99% of the time as a direct result of "petrifying" someone (no I didn't put my hands on anyone).

A direct result of petrifying someone broke me of a five year addiction I was powerless over.

I have roughly 9 months where I've been sober over 99% of the time, and were it not for that incident, I could have been a hopeless addict for decades or till death!

No matter how hard I tried, I kept quitting for a while, then getting swept away by the passions , and an inability to function without that chemical.

My brain didn't know how to release Dopamine or norepinephrine correctly without the chemical I was so dependant on.

The very bad "evil, wrong" incident was undoubtedly the best thing that could have happened to me, because as I've shared earlier, it brought sobriety, but also made it possible to console a mother of a suicide (she said I was more helpful than anyone with the grieving process).

The problem is, it wasn't good for the person I "petrified"! I will continue praying for and blessing the person wronged! It's the only service that can be offered at this time from this end!

But on this end, it was actually the best thing that happened to me in the last five years! How then, can one dismiss the mistake as "evil, wrong, bad" when it may have completely saved my life??

Anyone have a similar story? Any thoughts?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Due to the title of this thread, I could see @Revoltingest or someone with a similar mentality , posting pictures of evil hard candies that come in many colors, sweet and deadly! :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
OIP.tw8alUa6pM3wIFWbtOIn_AHaJ4

Viker

Häxan
This is the lifesaver plant. Don't let it's look or the name fool you.

Lifesaver-Plant-toxic-2-1-1024x759.jpg

Also, methyl salicylate (in some favored mints) is toxic in excessive amounts.

:D