• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidences Supporting the Biblical Flood

ecco

Veteran Member
Iiii
I am not a fundamentalistn or an evangelical.. and I despise the Scofield heresy. I never assume I know what something means without looking at history, context, language and natural law.

Its didactic literature.. So look at the message NOT the epic fairy tale.

I look at Holy Scripture, from all religions, as myth. Some of the messages are OK. Some of the messages are just plain silly. Some of the messages are downright disgusting.

I have far more respect for fundamentalists who accept the Bible literally than I do for people who pick and choose and interpret in any way that they individually choose.

All in all, the Bible is pretty worthless.
Southerners in the 1800s found justification for owning slaves.
Abolitionists in the 1800s found justification for freeing slaves.

sooda

Veteran Member
I look at Holy Scripture, from all religions, as myth. Some of the messages are OK. Some of the messages are just plain silly. Some of the messages are downright disgusting.

I have far more respect for fundamentalists who accept the Bible literally than I do for people who pick and choose and interpret in any way that they individually choose.

All in all, the Bible is pretty worthless.
Southerners in the 1800s found justification for owning slaves.
Abolitionists in the 1800s found justification for freeing slaves.

That might work if they didn't confuse demon frogs with the antichrists (plural)

Faithofchristian

You brought up frogs.. There's no mention of the antichrist in revelation.

Had you any understanding what it means to spiritually discerned. Then you would know what Revelation 16:13-14
is Spiritually discerned, spiritual discernment means to read what is not written, but what is in the Spiritual Realm in things that are not written, but in the Spiritual Realm

Frogs represent unclean spirits (or demons.. or illness like madness or epilepsy) That is the most ridiculous thing that I've ever heard.

Well that's evidence in it's self, that you have no clue or idea what it means to spiritually discerned.

No cases of demonic possession occur in the Old Testament, and those recorded in the gospels occur exclusively in Galilee, the Decapolis, and other areas heavily populated by Gentiles.

Nope not at all did I say anything about frogs, you did.

Faithofchristian

You brought up frogs.. There's no mention of the antichrist in revelation.

Frogs represent unclean spirits (or demons.. or illness like madness or epilepsy)

No cases of demonic possession occur in the Old Testament, and those recorded in the gospels occur exclusively in Galilee, the Decapolis, and other areas heavily populated by Gentiles.

Tell you what if I were you I wouldn't go around telling people that frogs are evil spirits,
That's a sure way of being committed to the insane asylum, that's for sure.
As I never heard of such nonsense.
Frogs being evil spirits, now that's amazing.

sooda

Veteran Member
1 John 2:18

18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us

This scripture is talking about the people who had gotten saved and then stepped out of the church back into law and those were the antichrists.

It could not have been Nero Cesar as some Christians believe, because he was never in the church to go out of the church.

Notice this scripture is directed towards the first century church, because he addresses them as “my little children.”

All are for that matter the scriptures were addressing to the first century church. ...parts of the scripture prove this and notice that they all are talking about how soon his coming is or about antiChrists or AntiChrist spirit being in the world already.

sooda

Veteran Member
Tell you what if I were you I wouldn't go around telling people that frogs are evil spirits,
That's a sure way of being committed to the insane asylum, that's for sure.
As I never heard of such nonsense.
Frogs being evil spirits, now that's amazing.

In Revelation the three frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon are impure spirits or demons. Go back and read what you quoted. LOLOLOL

Faithofchristian

In Revelation the three frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon are impure spirits or demons. Go back and read what you quoted. LOLOLOL

At lease people can read Revelation, so it's not as bad you saying frogs being evil spirits
Look out man, see that frog over there it's a evil spirit. Now how ridiculous that is

Shad

Veteran Member
Daniel speaking Hebrew thereby Hebrew being translation into the English language.

Yes.

Unto which the bible being translation from the Greek and Hebrew language into English.

Yes. However you still are missing the point that the English word man is about humans not anything you wish to attach to it. You made the same error the translators did.

Well it's easy to see that you don't understand the things of the Spirit of God are spiritually discerned.

Special decoder rings in my cereal provides me with far great spiritual knowledge than your book.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
By "a real world flood", do you mean a single flood that affected the entire globe?
No, a large local every day, well not every day, flood. A flood that cause a lasting impression and inspired stories about it. Like may stories they grew over time until we had a world wide flood that lasted over a year. The Tigris Euphrates system is a large flat low lying area that has been flooded in the past. The article that I linked tells of one such flood. If you read it if one was in a boat, not an ark but just a boat, in the middle of that flood the area covered was so broad that the curve of the Earth would have made it so that water was all that one would have seen. Or in other words an actual eyewitness of this flood could say it "covered the world" since he would not see any land at all.

The flood myth was very likely started by such a flood. A real flood that impressed the bejeesus out of someone but did not need any magic for it at all.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
People read what they want to read into scripture. The specific versions neither add to or subtract from that.

Perhaps you have not dealt with as many of the King James Only crowd as I have. They tend to attempt to use that version literally reading it using modern 21st century English definitions of 17th century English. But yes, they do tend to put their own interpretations into any version of the Bible that they run into.

Faithofchristian

Yes.

Yes. However you still are missing the point that the English word man is about humans not anything you wish to attach to it. You made the same error the translators did.

Special decoder rings in my cereal provides me with far great spiritual knowledge than your book.

Nope not when man is used in reference to an angel.
Like Daniel used man in reference to Angel Gabriel.
Calling the angel Gabriel a man.

The book of Daniel 9:21--"Yet, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation"

Note above Daniel called the angel Gabriel man.
It seems as though you have a hard time either reading or you can't see whats before your eyes.

RedhorseWoman

At lease people can read Revelation, so it's not as bad you saying frogs being evil spirits
Look out man, see that frog over there it's a evil spirit. Now how ridiculous that is

Absolutely unbelievable! You make things up, quote scriptures that have absolutely nothing to do with the fantasies you've created, and then claim that those who see no evidence to support your fantasies do not have "spiritual discernment." Basically, you are trying to con people. It isn't working.

sooda

Veteran Member
No, a large local every day, well not every day, flood. A flood that cause a lasting impression and inspired stories about it. Like may stories they grew over time until we had a world wide flood that lasted over a year. The Tigris Euphrates system is a large flat low lying area that has been flooded in the past. The article that I linked tells of one such flood. If you read it if one was in a boat, not an ark but just a boat, in the middle of that flood the area covered was so broad that the curve of the Earth would have made it so that water was all that one would have seen. Or in other words an actual eyewitness of this flood could say it "covered the world" since he would not see any land at all.

The flood myth was very likely started by such a flood. A real flood that impressed the bejeesus out of someone but did not need any magic for it at all.

River barges, friend.. hauling grain, beer and livestock down river. :D

sooda

Veteran Member
Absolutely unbelievable! You make things up, quote scriptures that have absolutely nothing to do with the fantasies you've created, and then claim that those who see no evidence to support your fantasies do not have "spiritual discernment." Basically, you are trying to con people. It isn't working.

LOLOL.. The silly accusation "you lack spiritual discernment" covers a lack of study..