• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence that US Capitol protest was an inside job?

AgnosticGuy

Open-minded skeptic
According to a Politico news article, some Democrats are looking into if the mob that stormed the US Capitol had inside help. This comes after several videos have surfaced showing police taking selfies with protestors and even removing barricades to allow them to pass. Here's some of that evidence:

Exhibit 1: Officer taking a selfie with a protestor.
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1346920198461419520?s=20

Exhibit 2: Capitol police seen removing barricades for protestors

Exhibit 3: A Capitol police officer, a big guy, giving the weakest push I've ever seen (watch at :11 to :13) as if that would scare away a protestor. He even seems to be leading them upstairs..

Discussion..
1. Is being passive, weak, taking selfies, putting down barricades compatible with trying to stop protestors?
2. Do you think someone on the inside, possibly a Democrat(s), or Republican(s), or some other inside person, or just a particular group of cops aided and supported the protestors? I mean there's even reports that US Capitol police declined help from other law enforcement agencies.

In my view, the lack of security or even weak resistance from security may've contributed to the riot being as bad as it was.

Last edited:

epronovost

I think these incidence are purely the results of the complete disorganisation of the Capitol police forces which, without clear command and in a position of disarray and weakness, as lead to a breakdown in discipline and left some police officers to sympathise with the rioters either through shared beliefs or by rationnal calculus to avoid getting their *** kicked by a more numerous and furious mob. I don't think it's evidence of any sort of conspiring or organised inside help. That's just what happen when you mix chaos and violence.

74x12

According to a Politico news article, some Democrats are looking into if the mob that stormed the US Capitol had inside help. This comes after several videos have surfaced showing police taking selfies with protestors and even removing barricades to allow them to pass. Here's some of that evidence:

Exhibit 3: A Capitol police officer, a big guy, giving the weakest push I've ever seen (watch at :11 to :13) as if that would scare away a protestor. He even seems to be leading them upstairs..

Discussion..
1. Is being passive, weak, taking selfies, putting down barricades compatible with trying to stop protestors?
2. Do you think someone on the inside, possibly a Democrat(s), or Republican(s), or some other inside person, or just a particular group of cops aided and supported the protestors? I mean there's even reports that US Capitol police declined help from other law enforcement agencies.

In my view, the lack of security or even weak resistance from security may've contributed to the riot being as bad as it was.
Without a motive there is no point.

So if Trump administration is behind this then what does Trump get out of them storming the capital building? It seems like media field day against trump rather than for trump.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

So if Trump administration is behind this then what does Trump get out of them storming the capital building? It seems like media field day against trump rather than for trump.
I don't think the administration was behind it. I think Trump will at least forgive any who love him no matter what they do and will rabble rouse to hold and amplify that support.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Trump amd his followers alike aren't very intelligent and perhaps thought this siege would yield different results.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

You forgot that many Trump supporters are not all that bright. Look at how many of them believe the lie that the election was stolen.

AgnosticGuy

Open-minded skeptic
Trump supporters would have an obvious motive. They wanted to protest the election.

But I wonder what would be the motive of the police officers helping the protests. Did someone tell them to let the protestors through or were there some sympathizers among them (esp. the officer that posed for a selfie)? Or perhaps it's more simple and nothing more than a breakdown in security just as epronovost explained earlier.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Discussion..

Fair enough.
I wonder what % of those officers are staunch Republicans?
QED

And the support forces were very very late. Compare with the BLM meeting last August.....!

74x12

Update. As I was saying before we need a motive to think that Trump was behind this event. I think we may now have that motive. Some people suggest that Trump and supporters are just idiots. That's obviously ridiculous and not really helpful; but I think we do have a real motive now.

Pelosi's laptop was taken. If Trump was behind this event then it was probably in order to obtain this laptop. Perhaps to get dirt on his enemies. That means Trump might be planning to stay in office ... This would explain why democrats are trying to impeach him even though his term is almost up. They know what he's planning.

Whatever happens remember that the elections are all rigged and controlled either way. We the people have been out of the loop for a long time.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Pelosi's laptop was taken. If Trump was behind this event then it was probably in order to obtain this laptop. Perhaps to get dirt on his enemies. That means Trump might be planning to stay in office ... This would explain why democrats are trying to impeach him even though his term is almost up. They know what he's planning.
Uh huh....

OR, it could be because attempting to incite a violent uprising to overthrow democracy is an impeachable offence.

That might have, y'know, a bit more to do with it.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

Had it been successful and the insurrection suceeded then he would have taken full control.
Fortunately it did not go as planned. But he is still culpable. and should be prosecuted.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Update. As I was saying before we need a motive to think that Trump was behind this event.
Well, because he thought it was good sport.
Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money.
They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.
Some men just want to watch the world burn.​

Trump at this point knows he is out unless something drastic happens.
He was hoping this was going to be drastic enough.

I think we may now have that motive.
I can't wait to see what you have come up with....

Some people suggest that Trump and supporters are just idiots. That's obviously ridiculous and not really helpful;
ROTFLMAO
Rediculous?
seriously?
Have you not been paying any attention to the news?
Hells Bells, they were taking selfies of themselves whilst engaging in illegal activity.
Do you perhaps think this is normal behavior or perhaps the behavior of, I don't know.....Idiots?

but I think we do have a real motive now.
Another teaser....

Pelosi's laptop was taken. If Trump was behind this event then it was probably in order to obtain this laptop. Perhaps to get dirt on his enemies.
That must be it

That means Trump might be planning to stay in office ...
one wonders what you think all the failed court cases were all about....
Or all his claims of "winning" the election...
Or his inciting the mess last Wednesday...

This would explain why democrats are trying to impeach him even though his term is almost up. They know what he's planning.
The plan behind impeachment is to prevent his ever holding another government position.
Meaning he could not run for congress or president.
ever.

Whatever happens remember that the elections are all rigged and controlled either way. We the people have been out of the loop for a long time.
Donald?
Donald Trump?
Is that you?

74x12

Had it been successful and the insurrection suceeded then he would have taken full control.
Fortunately it did not go as planned. But he is still culpable. and should be prosecuted.
Full control of what? What is he taking control of? Congress? I don't understand what you mean that he would have taken full control.

74x12

Because while he is alive, only impeachment can prevent him from coming back and starting over again.

He has cause more than enough damage to the country and the world for any one lifetime.
That is possible but unlikely to be the motive; due to the urgency that Pelosi and friends are going about it. No, this seems more serious.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
That is possible but unlikely to be the motive; due to the urgency that Pelosi and friends are going about it. No, this seems more serious.

The urgency is dictated by what he might do in the next few days.
from security reports, It is almost certain that he is involved in setting up another rumble , probably on inauguration day.
He expects it to be violent, hence him not going to attend.

However the impeachment will not be heard in the senate, till after the democrats take control of it. but even then it will be difficult, as it will need slightly more than half of the republicans to support it, to get the 2/3rds majority required.