• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence that Jesus was the Messiah

jewscout

Religious Zionist
HelpMe said:
his entire life did not have to be prophesied for him to be the messiah.
Septuagint?not all 'bibles' translate it to say 'virgin'.

http://www.eliyah.com/thescriptures/
Sorry HelpMe,
No his entire life didn't have to be prophesized for him to the Moshiach but he did have to accomplish certain things to qualify as being the Moshiach ben David, which, as i have already stated, he did not do.

The Septuagint...is mistranslated in many places and the 70 jewish leaders who translated it did that on purpose for, primarily, political reasons dealing with the threat of culturation and assimilation from the ptolemic greeks.
Your right tho...the correct translation is a "young woman" who, based upon the hebrew, will have known the "touch" of a man.

By the way...i think deut. already posted this...there is also, supposedly, supposed to be a Moshiach before the Moshiac ben David, the Moshiac of the house of Joshua, who's supposed be some great military leader and defeat the enemies of Israel...not to mention the prophet elijah is supposed to show up before either of these 2 dudes.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
trueblood said:
The resurrection proved who he was beyond a shadow of a doubt. King and High Priest, forever.
High Priest where?? Oh the Temple in Jerusalem...looking...looking...looking...nope no Temple on the Temple Mount...but i do see a Mosque!
And sense Israel is presently a secular democracy he can't really be King, especially not the spiritual king in a religious Israel the Moshiach ben David is prophecized to be.

Look maybe he's got some spiritual dominion over the Gentiles to bring them to the One G-d...whatever cool that's great. The point is what the Moshiach is supposed to do is supposed to manifest physically in this world not in some spiritual manner out there.

true blood

jewscout said:
Sorry HelpMe,
No his entire life didn't have to be prophesized for him to the Moshiach but he did have to accomplish certain things to qualify as being the Moshiach ben David, which, as i have already stated, he did not do.

The Septuagint...is mistranslated in many places and the 70 jewish leaders who translated it did that on purpose for, primarily, political reasons dealing with the threat of culturation and assimilation from the ptolemic greeks.
Your right tho...the correct translation is a "young woman" who, based upon the hebrew, will have known the "touch" of a man.

By the way...i think deut. already posted this...there is also, supposedly, supposed to be a Moshiach before the Moshiac ben David, the Moshiac of the house of Joshua, who's supposed be some great military leader and defeat the enemies of Israel...not to mention the prophet elijah is supposed to show up before either of these 2 dudes.
If "only-begotten Son of God" does not qualify as being the Moshiach of David what does? And the prophet elijah already showed up. When God declared that He would send Elijah before "the great and dreadful day of the Lord" God was here figuratively speaking of John the Baptist, just as Jesus plainly showed his disciples in Matthew 17:10-13. The concept of reincarnation is from pagan beliefs influencing Judaism, thus the meaning of Malachi's prophecy had become corrupted. The concept is totally contrary to God's Word which teaches that the dead will remain dead until Christ returns to resurrect them.

true blood

jewscout said:
High Priest where?? Oh the Temple in Jerusalem...looking...looking...looking...nope no Temple on the Temple Mount...but i do see a Mosque!
And sense Israel is presently a secular democracy he can't really be King, especially not the spiritual king in a religious Israel the Moshiach ben David is prophecized to be.

Look maybe he's got some spiritual dominion over the Gentiles to bring them to the One G-d...whatever cool that's great. The point is what the Moshiach is supposed to do is supposed to manifest physically in this world not in some spiritual manner out there.
First of all the true Temple is not a building built by hands, nor a Mosque.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
true blood said:
First of all the true Temple is not a building built by hands, nor a Mosque.
The Third Temple, in prophecy, will come when the Moshiach arives. I've heard 2 ways...either built by the hands of man or it will descend from heaven, depending on whether we get the Isaiah prophecy or the Ezekiel prophecy.

and that mosque...um it was built by people.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
jewscout said:
That is a silly old wives tale with zero substantiation.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Deut. 32.8 said:
so it's not mistranslated in some places? hmmmm so would you say it's an accurate translation?

HelpMe

·´sociopathic meanderer`·
jewscout said:
...the Moshiach but he did have to accomplish certain things to qualify as being the Moshiach ben David, which, as i have already stated, he did not do...

The Septuagint...is mistranslated...
1-and i(with scripture) stated that he did.i already answered this in post#25 here.

2-i agree/believe in (aramaic/hebrew) primacy, so to discuss this with me would be fruitless.

-shawn

jewscout

Religious Zionist
hold on i'm confused HelpMe...are you talking about the events in Jesus's life or his family's lineage?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
jewscout said:
Deut. 32.8 said:
jewscout said:
so it's not mistranslated in some places? hmmmm so would you say it's an accurate translation?
It's not like you to be willfully dense. The claim of purposeful mistranslation is unsupported legend, most likely aimed at denigrating the Christian "Old Testament" while propping up the authority of the Masoretic text. As for the viability of the translation itself, that is more properly the subject of some other thread.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Deut. 32.8 said:
It's not like you to be willfully dense. The claim of purposeful mistranslation is unsupported legend, most likely aimed at denigrating the Christian "Old Testament" while propping up the authority of the Masoretic text. As for the viability of the translation itself, that is more properly the subject of some other thread.
ah! Sorry slow day for the scout.

HelpMe

jewscout said:
ben David - Son of David
good that's what i thought.

my link was regarding this, which is related to this topic.not necessarily to the events of his life though.so what's the difference?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
HelpMe said:
good that's what i thought.

my link was regarding this, which is related to this topic.not necessarily to the events of his life though.so what's the difference?
ok...well...I think that we've established that the lineage in the NT is not exactly reliable...and that the Moshiach has to be of descended from David through Solomon which Jesus wasn't. Joseph is supposedly descended from David through Nathan.

HelpMe

you did not respond to the post in my link, would you have me repost it to get a response? or simply have me believe you don't believe in the scriptures cited?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
HelpMe said:
again, i said i would leave it at that because i knew what it would incite."Jehoiachin" was the accursed relative of josephs i was referring to(jer22:30).

"In Genesis 15 verse 2, Abram lamented the fact that he had no natural son to inherit his estate, and it would fall to his chief servant Eliezar. This passage shows how all the rights and rank of a house can be transferred to a non-blood relative. Also, we read in Genesis chapter 48 that Israel adopted Joseph’s two sons, Ephriam and Manassah. They were now to be considered equal with Joseph’s brothers in inheriting the promises given to Israel and each of them were entitled to an equal portion of the land...

Jesus was an adopted son of Joseph, not a natural son. Because of this, he was legally entitled to David’s throne and the blood curse did not apply. However, David was promised a natural heir. By looking at the genealogy of Mary we see that Jesus had direct human ancestry to King David through Nathan. This fact allows for another law of inheritance to be exercised, one found in the writings of Moses.

In Numbers 27:6-11 we read of the daughters of Zelophehad, who were the only heirs of their father. Because there were no males born to the family, the inheritance of Zelophehad would be passed to his daughters and to their offspring. If there were no children to inherit, the nearest living relative would be entitled to the inheritance. Jesus was a son of David through Mary and entitled to all the benefits of the house of Eli. Because Johoiachin was counted as childless, none of that line was entitled to David’s throne, so the inheritance was to be transferred to a near kinsman. Jesus not only was entitled to the throne through adoption, but also as a kinsman redeemer of the Davidic line."
First, the moshiach has to come through the paterlineal side through David and Solomon. If we are to take this adoption theory and accept that he could be the moshiach through Mary he still does not fulfull the requirements. This is from your site:
Instead of taking the kingly line, Luke chooses Nathan, another of David’s sons, and follows their lineage until he arrives at Eli, who is the father of Mary.
So even through this adoption method he still doesn't fulfill those requirement.

It is said that every generation someone is born who could be the Moshiach...so every generation a child who is paterlinealy descended from David through Solomon is born, but something happens that does not push them into that promised role. If they do not fulfill the prophecies of the Moshiach then they can not be the Moshiach.
Jesus did not do what is promised in the prophecy as i have stated before, nor has any of the children born who could fill that roll.

HelpMe

"has to come through the paterlineal side through David and Solomon"

you haven't got scripture to prove this.

trace one live person back to david and solomon with less controversy than i encounter in lining yeshua up.

i am not here to defend everything any site i offer has to say, i would however love to see the points i brought forward dealt with scripturally instead of the repetitive and unsupported "must by paterlineal".

"It is said"

this is our problem.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
2 Samuel 7:12-13 said:
"And when your days (David) are fulfilled, and you shall sleep with your fathers, I will set up your seed (Solomon) after you, who shall issue from your bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name (Solomon finished the temple), and i will make firm the throne of his (Solomon) kingdom forever..."
The Royal blood line is passed down through the father.
trace one live person back to david and solomon with less controversy than i encounter in lining yeshua up.
That's not what i'm trying to do here. I'm talking about the validity of Jesus of Nazareth as the Jewish Moshiach.