• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence that Jesus was the Messiah

Akivah

Why would you deny that we know one another, considering the number of times we "crossed swords" on another forum? Especially since I haven't changed my screen name or avatar?

What were his other online names?

Ben Avraham

I'm trying to teach you how to be truthful. And trying to learn from you how not to be deceptive. So there it is.

I'm also trying to ensure that people don't confuse your Avrahamish belief with Judaism. For some reason, you have taken the deceptive route and are trying to trick people into thinking that you and I share a similar religion. I don't have a problem with you believing what you want. But I do have a problem with someone misrepresenting my religion.

Go ahead Tumah, if this makes you happy, that's all that counts. My contribution to your happiness is to read your verbal juggling of nonsense.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Go ahead Tumah, if this makes you happy, that's all that counts. My contribution to your happiness is to read your verbal juggling of nonsense.
While I have been fairly clear and consistent in my attempt to turn you honest, you have been either not directly addressing my comments or throwing out red herrings at every turn. Perhaps you are not clear on the appropriate way to use the phrase "verbal juggling".

The name he used on multiple forums in the past was Ben Masada.
Looks like you're right. A person claiming to be Jewish, from Israel, who is equally proficient in Tanach as he is in the NT but not knowledgeable in the Talmud at all. Looks like a match.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised that he creates multiple accounts. Silly things like rules and honesty are just not relevant to him.

Ben Avraham

Why would you deny that we know one another, considering the number of times we "crossed swords" on another forum? Especially since I haven't changed my screen name or avatar?

Since when "I don't think so" means "I deny your assertion that we know one another? Besides, why is it so important? The point of our discussions is not personal but to enhance our knowledge of HaShem.

TrueBeliever37

According to the book of Daniel, the Messiah should have already come.

Daniel 2: Tells of the dream Nebuchadnezzar had of the image and how it related to things that would happen in the future. There would be 4 earthly kingdoms.

The Babylonian was the 1st. (Dan. 2: 37) The Medo-Persian was the 2nd. The Grecian would be the 3rd., and the Roman Empire was the 4th.

Daniel 2:44 - and in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom ... (Notice this is when the Messiah came in the NT preaching that the kingdom was at hand, during the Roman Empire) His death ushered in his Kingdom - a spiritual Kingdom - the Church. It has thrown many people off because they were expecting a natural kingdom to come.

also notice from Daniel 9:24-26 some of the things to happen during the 70 weeks of Daniel were the following:

Daniel 9:24 - to anoint the most holy.
Daniel 9:25 - to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be 7 weeks, and 62 weeks
Daniel 9:26 - after 62 weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself - also note the people of the prince (the prince here was Titus, the son of Vespasian the Emperor) that shall come would destroy the city and sanctuary (fulfilled at 70 AD). So, if the 70 weeks ended at 70 AD, the Messiah should have already come by then, and he did and he even warned of this destruction as in Matthew 24:1,2,15-16 for example.

Tumah

Veteran Member

Daniel 2: Tells of the dream Nebuchadnezzar had of the image and how it related to things that would happen in the future. There would be 4 earthly kingdoms.

The Babylonian was the 1st. (Dan. 2: 37) The Medo-Persian was the 2nd. The Grecian would be the 3rd., and the Roman Empire was the 4th.

Daniel 2:44 - and in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom ... (Notice this is when the Messiah came in the NT preaching that the kingdom was at hand, during the Roman Empire) His death ushered in his Kingdom - a spiritual Kingdom - the Church. It has thrown many people off because they were expecting a natural kingdom to come.

also notice from Daniel 9:24-26 some of the things to happen during the 70 weeks of Daniel were the following:

Daniel 9:24 - to anoint the most holy.
Daniel 9:25 - to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be 7 weeks, and 62 weeks
Daniel 9:26 - after 62 weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself - also note the people of the prince (the prince here was Titus, the son of Vespasian the Emperor) that shall come would destroy the city and sanctuary (fulfilled at 70 AD). So, if the 70 weeks ended at 70 AD, the Messiah should have already come by then, and he did and he even warned of this destruction as in Matthew 24:1,2,15-16 for example.
The correct way to phrase that is
According to the Christian interpretation and translation of the book of Daniel, the Messiah should have already come.

That would make it more accurate.

Ben Avraham

Daniel 9:24 - to anoint the most holy. Daniel 9:25 - to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be 7 weeks, and 62weeks 333333qqqqDaniel 9:26 - after 62 weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself - also note the people of the prince (the prince here was Titus, the son of Vespasian the Emperor) that shall come would destroy the city and sanctuary (fulfilled at 70 AD). So, if the 70 weeks ended at 70 AD, the Messiah should have already come by then, and he did and he even warned of this destruction as in Matthew 24:1,2,15-16 for example.

And the Messiah did come back from exile in Babylon according to Daniel 9:24. Ezra came ahead of them to prepare the Levites and the Temple for the coming of Everlasting Righteousness aka the Shechinah. And the 70weeks/years in Babylon ended in 549 BCE and not 70 ACE. In that case, 70 weeks equaled 70 years, not 490. (Jeremiah 29:10)

Last edited:

TrueBeliever37

According to the Christian interpretation and translation of the book of Daniel, the Messiah should have already come.

Tumah,

Thank you for the polite response.

Does Ben reflect the true beliefs of Judaism?

Ben Avraham

A token to remind other posters about Ben's views in the discussions on the Tanach or the NT for that matter; every one is advised to check his quotes which BTW frequently follow his posts whether from the Tanach or from the NT, before any one chooses to appeal to slandering him which is not a decent attitude as interfaith is concerned. BTW, to get personal one way or another must not be a desired thing to do.

TrueBeliever37

Tumah,

So do you believe the 70 weeks of Daniel has been fulfilled or that it is still in the future?

TrueBeliever37

Rabbio,

So in Judaism:

1. Isn't the Messiah supposed to be an individual?

2. Do you believe that there is a resurrection? If not, do you believe in heaven and hell?

3. If the fulfillment of the promise to David that of his seed he would always have a man to sit on the throne, was first fulfilled by Solomon, then who is on the throne now?

Please explain these questions from a Jewish perspective.