• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of voter fraud - “all Chinese people look alike”

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Our problem is that voter ID has been so politicized.
Better security is politically useful to either oppose or
favor, depending upon one's party. On the surface,
& looking at it neutrally, bettering it is a good idea.
But I think it will be some time before things calm
down to the point both sides reach consensus
on what level of security is best, ie, fair, useful,
& cost effective.
It doesn't help the voter ID laws come with a bumch of crap, like reduced DMV hours and locations and reducing polling places (that one caused a headache for me the voting place for many years was suddenly not the voting place anymore and it was moved to Peru 10 moles away). And Texas accepting concealed carry permits but not college IDs doesn't look too flattering.

Audie

Veteran Member
It doesn't help the voter ID laws come with a bumch of crap, like reduced DMV hours and locations and reducing polling places (that one caused a headache for me the voting place for many years was suddenly not the voting place anymore and it was moved to Peru 10 moles away). And Texas accepting concealed carry permits but not college IDs doesn't look too flattering.
sounds weird but if the state sets higher standards of proof of ID for the permit than college ID, it makes sense.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
sounds weird but if the state sets higher standards of proof of ID for the permit than college ID, it makes sense.
College IDs here are typically attached to someone bearing a federal loan, as well as jump through numerous hoops to demonstrate they are who they say they are.

Audie

Veteran Member
College IDs here are typically attached to someone bearing a federal loan, as well as jump through numerous hoops to demonstrate they are who they say they are.

I suppose. Mine was not though.
Typically is not an adequate standard.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There's work to do.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In Michiganistan, a CPL/CCW requires more than a university ID,
eg, fingerprinting, background check.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
In Michiganistan, a CPL/CCW requires more than a university ID,
eg, fingerprinting, background check.
You don't have to generally go that far for a regular ID.
For my university ID, I had to submit and verify my ID at so many steps that it's basically as secure as my driver's license.
(I was never finger printed until I had to in order to have a job working with kids. Still the only time I've been through with it).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You don't have to generally go that far for a regular ID.
For my university ID, I had to submit and verify my ID at so many steps that it's basically as secure as my driver's license.
(I was never finger printed until I had to in order to have a job working with kids. Still the only time I've been through with it).
I only advocate that ID be reasonable.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Well, as I used to say to my Japanese ex-wife, "Don't wander away in the mall. You know I'll never find you -- especially if you go into that Chinese restaurant. How could I tell you from one of the cooks?"

Seriously! I have the same problem with my wife, she blends in too well with the Latinos.