• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of God

Yerda

Veteran Member
If you expected some pathetic attempt to explain God then sorry...no infact haha.

To the point, I've read some threads stepping into this and if someone's already asked I'm sorry but I was wondering if there is actually any evidence of God's existence. When I say evidence I mean something solid, "my Grandfather said so" wont satisfy me.

Is that the point of faith anyway, no evidence?

Cheers.

Allan

truthseekingsoul said:
If you expected some pathetic attempt to explain God then sorry...no infact haha.

To the point, I've read some threads stepping into this and if someone's already asked I'm sorry but I was wondering if there is actually any evidence of God's existence. When I say evidence I mean something solid, "my Grandfather said so" wont satisfy me.

Is that the point of faith anyway, no evidence?

Cheers.

I've experienced God. I know God exists. God is my Father.

If you are able to believe beyond all the uncertanty and inconclusive changing theory in science, and the thinking of the very intelligent and have a firm conclusion then you are braver than me.

If you look past the amazing design of everything and say there is no God then your mind is made up.

Your thinking is already set.

Then there is nothing for you at all, God does not have to be proven.

I know the barriers to having an intimate contact with God.

This intimate contact is the best evidence.

If you are searching for God, God is just beyond your own sense of self belief.

Human nature has it's own mind and blinds the person from "knowing'' God.

Asking how you can get beyond your unbelief is a better question.

Ceridwen018

If you are able to believe beyond all the uncertanty and inconclusive changing theory in science, and the thinking of the very intelligent and have a firm conclusion then you are braver than me.
So is that why you believe in god? Because he is unchanging and ungrowing? He just stays the same all the time...good ol' predictable god? Well, just because it's easier to believe in something simple, doesn't mean it's correct.

If you look past the amazing design of everything and say there is no God then your mind is made up.
Amazing design? Hardly. We are here by complete chance, and observation of our environment is riddled with 'proof' of that. When you say 'amazing design' you are referring to butterflys, rainbows, flowers, and everything else which is harmless and pretty. However, you are overlooking cancer and cannibalism within animal species and horrible maladies which can spontaneously affect unborn babies. Does all that sound like 'amazing design' to you?

This intimate contact is the best evidence.
I can show you a couple of farmers who claim to have had 'intimate contact' with aliens. Their evidence has bought them a ticket on the crazy train, nothing more. Why should your claim be treated any differently?

Human nature has it's own mind and blinds the person from "knowing'' God.
That would be your sense of logic trying to kick in. I would recommend listening to it instead of oppressing it because you want to believe in magical people who live in the sky.

Allan

Ceridwen018 said:
So is that why you believe in god? Because he is unchanging and ungrowing? He just stays the same all the time...good ol' predictable god? Well, just because it's easier to believe in something simple, doesn't mean it's correct.

Amazing design? Hardly. We are here by complete chance, and observation of our environment is riddled with 'proof' of that. When you say 'amazing design' you are referring to butterflys, rainbows, flowers, and everything else which is harmless and pretty. However, you are overlooking cancer and cannibalism within animal species and horrible maladies which can spontaneously affect unborn babies. Does all that sound like 'amazing design' to you?

I can show you a couple of farmers who claim to have had 'intimate contact' with aliens. Their evidence has bought them a ticket on the crazy train, nothing more. Why should your claim be treated any differently?

That would be your sense of logic trying to kick in. I would recommend listening to it instead of oppressing it because you want to believe in magical people who live in the sky.

Science is finding things out that already exist all that is being done is to put a name to it and then see how it can be exploited. Now they can change something they tell us has taken millions of years to evolve and make our environment.

The only reason humans exist on this planet at all is because there is very little change.

The Bible gives a name to the animal kingdoms deviance and predatory acts and all the sickness etc you describe, as a power on the earth that is controlled and continued by Satan.

God wants control back and has tried to turn humans harshly, softly, by sending prophets with insight but it has been immpossible to force, reason, or coax humans. God is not what you think. Satan is all the human Knows and they enjoy being ruled in the mind by impulses, cravings, agendas, and exerting power over others.

If you were on some high ground and some chidren were playing on the railway tracks and you could see a train coming but they wouldn't get off no matter what you said, then what next? A young lad tried to outrun a railway engine recently, evidently he had been told repeatedly not to go on the tracks.

You know as well as I do how some people go to great effort to discredit others, whats the point, what is the problem, we need to increase knowledge not squash it.

It is amusing to hear someone from the "scientific" community explaining away something they haven't seen or experienced. They would be better to
say they did not see or experience the situation and it would be awkward to comment further.

It is not worthwhile being responsible for the deluded.

I have seen ufo's, three sightings but that is exactly what they are. Life hasn't been changed. And there is no eager expectant waiting for the next one.

Ther should be more curiosity about men and women going into space in rockets.

People driving cars while the internal combustion engine is said to be only 20% effecient, but then it breaks pressure, volume and leverage rules which are common sense even without well known scientific laws.

And power was equated in reference to how much work a horse could do in a certain time but the effeciency of the horse was not determined. Apart from the horse supporting its self more than a hp of energy is in the manure and then it can be used on the garden.

And an electric motor uses 5kw (6.5 horses) to drive a small car along a flat road and 20kw (26 horses) up a hill. Thats a lot of manure.

The only energy required to go on a journey and back is that required to overcome friction. We must be using the wrong technology, or the existing technology is less than half built, if we cannot recover the energy from deceleration and descent.

Science or more precisely technology is not getting things right. There are many examples and thankfully many workers for change.

All that can be said is be careful what you believe and who you rebuke, be an observer. Do not close off your mind and any discussion by jumping to conclusions.

It is better to keep an open mind, although more so when younger because It is good to be hungry for answers. Then it becomes a quest to find people with the same values and goals.

Yerda

Veteran Member
So, my point, is there any evidence to suggest God does infact exist?

And in answer, I've never said I disbelieve the possible existence of God. I have not seen evidence one way or the other.

(Q)

My thinking spans an array of subjects, some more than others. Your thinking appears to be of a single theme; God.

Whose mind is set?

Allan

(Q) said:

My thinking spans an array of subjects, some more than others. Your thinking appears to be of a single theme; God.

Whose mind is set?

I thought this forum was about religion.

I have been telling you exactly where God is.

Unless you are able to be humble then God will not be found.

By what you are writing you don't want to or can't understand.

The original question was asking whether there was any proof or evidence of the existance of God.

Repairing machinery and tuning it up when it isn't working properly is easier than getting it to happen with humans.

Its a bit like a,b,c, 2x2=4, turn the nut this way it tightens the bolt, the other way it loosens.

Reaching God cleans up the inside so something must happen inside the head.

Rather than what is seen in all human indeavour now which comes from inside the head, a little rewire and the actions should change for the better.

Not everyone will take the plunge unfortunately and that will continue to place hardship on those who will.

Alcohol leads to bad judgement, drugs contribute to other problems, but being purified by God's spirit cleans and prepares an individual for immortality, and I believe a future technology. It is as simple as that.

If some have made a religion out of this it is motivated by several things.
They are probably known by you already because intuition and overall impressions are just as important as evidence and history.

Hands on practical experience is generally better than learning someone elses ideas.

I am telling you truthfully where God is and that you can have first hand experience. It is a process that takes a person a little beyond the natural.

The only problem is you will not be able to tell many if you worry about what people think of you. This would include most Christians and your own family and friends.

This process is preperation for the future.

Allan

truthseekingsoul said:
So, my point, is there any evidence to suggest God does infact exist?

And in answer, I've never said I disbelieve the possible existence of God. I have not seen evidence one way or the other.

Most times evidence has to be searched for, it just doesn't appear.

The evidence you are looking for is in the mind.

Faith is knowing that if you search for the evidence then God will answer you.

God will not refuse.

Then you must search expecting an answer. I can tell you truthfully you will have your evidence. It manifests a gentle usually incomprehensible nature.

You could search through the sciences learning all the language and theory then realize that there is still some uncertainty. There are so many areas to cover it is more than several lifetimes work.

Because the evidence is in the mind not many will find it. When the evidence is found the realization comes of the barrier and how it is designed to keep certain people out and they will not find God.

(Q)

Unless you are able to be humble then God will not be found.

By what you are writing you don't want to or can't understand.

Yes, that is an excuse made often by those who feel they have a monopoly on humble.

The original question was asking whether there was any proof or evidence of the existance of God.

Yes, but none has been forthcoming and I suspect it will remain that way.

Rather than what is seen in all human indeavour now which comes from inside the head, a little rewire and the actions should change for the better.

Not everyone will take the plunge unfortunately and that will continue to place hardship on those who will.

Unfortunately, the little rewire you refer is the suspension of disbelief. The plunge must be the abandonment of all reason and rationale.

I am telling you truthfully where God is and that you can have first hand experience.

I don't see that - all you've managed to write are a few analogies - anyone can write those. You're supposed to be telling us the evidence of god.

The evidence you are looking for is in the mind. Because the evidence is in the mind not many will find it.

BINGO! Thanks, that's exactly where I suspected it to be.

dan

Well, since atheism is a new-comer on the scene I submit that the burden of proof be throw in that direction. What proof have you that God does not exist? Lack of evidence (in your opinion) for His existence is in no way evidence of His not existing. Remember, just cuz your pappy said so isn't a valid argument. Prove to me that God doesn't exist.

Pah

Uber all member
dan said:
Well, since atheism is a new-comer on the scene I submit that the burden of proof be throw in that direction. What proof have you that God does not exist? Lack of evidence (in your opinion) for His existence is in no way evidence of His not existing. Remember, just cuz your pappy said so isn't a valid argument. Prove to me that God doesn't exist.

No, Dan, extrodinary claims require extrodinary proof. The onus is on the Jew or Christian.

I'll wait!

-pah-

dan

No, yours is the extraordinary claim. Theism has been accepted since the beginning of time. You are the newest breed of idolaters, so you have the job of proving it. I'll wait.

Pah

Uber all member
dan said:
No, yours is the extraordinary claim. Theism has been accepted since the beginning of time. You are the newest breed of idolaters, so you have the job of proving it. I'll wait.

"Since the beginning of time" equates the God of Fire, the Goddess of the Earth, and all the spiritual pantheons with the God of the Bible.

So, Dan, if there is a God of Fire, there is a God of the Bible.

-pah-

(Q)

What proof have you that God does not exist?

My only evidence is the fact that the universe can come into existence and evolve without the need for gods. By stating that gods made the universe adds a level of unnecessary complexity to a simple explanation. By stating that gods made everything in the universe as it appears today contradicts the evidence of evolution.

So, it's not so much a matter of trying to prove gods don't exist - it's a matter of trying to find how the concept of gods fits in with a naturally evolving universe. They don't. So, the concept of gods is literally "shelved" until some form of evidence for their existence is discovered. Simple really.

dan

pah said:
"Since the beginning of time" equates the God of Fire, the Goddess of the Earth, and all the spiritual pantheons with the God of the Bible.

So, Dan, if there is a God of Fire, there is a God of the Bible.

-pah-

I'm not arguing that, I'm asking for your proof that God does not exist.

(Q)

Dan

Proving a negative is not possible, and if you actually had a clue, you'd know that.

Pah

Uber all member
dan said:
I'm not arguing that
"that" being - "So, Dan, if there is a God of Fire, there is a God of the Bible."

, I'm asking for your proof that God does not exist.

My proof is the same as your proof that the God of Fire does not exist - unless you think that the God of Fire (or even the god, Pah) is equal to the God of the Bible.

-pah-

Yerda

Veteran Member
I think I've been misunderstood again. I'm not saying there is solid evidence suggesting a god's existence is an impossibility, truly I feel it is possible for a God to exist. However, I have left my mind open until such times as I see some evidence.

Since I'm not an athiest I would not be able to comment on evidence to disprove the existence of any god.

iwilliam

Will some one please define to me what God realy means to you all. When you brake down the word in english(it comes down to GOMAR-OZ-DABAR) which translate as wisdon strength and beauty. The point I'm making is that the falling statements are charitaristics of man.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
The existance of "God" can be neither proven nor disproven, and my beliefs tell me that it doesn't matter which you believe in, theism or atheism. We all come out the same in the end.