• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of Evolution that was presented but never addressed

omega2xx

So say I'm pregnant, and I drink during pregnancy. As a result, I have a miscarriage. Do I not hold responsibility? If this really is about the death of a human being, which if intentional would be equivalent to murder.

Only if you drank to excess to cause the miscarriage. Only then if it could be proven the drinking cause it.

“Whatever their bodies do affects their souls. It is funny how mortals always picture us as putting things into their minds: in reality our best work is done by keeping things out...”
C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
You have forgotten or ignored my other requirement---cut and paste what your link offered. Why is that so difficult. You complain about men not reading links, but I have a good reason. If you are to lazy to cut and paste, don't come whining to me.

I HAVE READ THEM FOR 20+ YEARS. THE NEVER HAVE AN REAL SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE.
The basics of genetics is not rocket surgery. Any 10 year old can understand the basic function of genes, except it seems those who put the faith in evolution. They have to invent ways for the laws of genetics not to operate as intelligently designed and that with no evidence. I think it is very telling that not one of you evo has cut and pasted the evidence from their link. You could end this today, if you would do it.

The real nonsense is that you would rather whine and complain instead of cutting and pasting. Unless you will do that , this discussion with you is over.

You don't even understand that you saying something is true doe snot make it . Nothing is true without the evidence to support it.

Your indoctrination is complete.

You are not powerless. You can cut and paste and show everyone how brilliant you are and how ignorant I am. The FACT you are unwilling is evidence you CAN'T. Remember, you saying something is true not evidence it is. You believing something is true is not evidence it is.

“Whatever their bodies do affects their souls. It is funny how mortals always picture us as putting things into their minds: in reality our best work is done by keeping things out...”
In spite of the rudeness, I am going to make one last try. I fully expect to be unsuccessful, for several obvious reasons.

First, that you are clearly NOT here to learn anything, but to wear everybody down. You say the same (incorrect) things over and over and over again, and once everybody eventually gets tired if it and simply goes away, you will sit back and say, "see, I was right all along." It won't be true, of course, but undoubtedly it will seem satisfying to you. To anybody else, it would be an exceptionally hollow victory.

You have made comments about other people's understanding of "basic genetics," while your posts clearly show anyone with even a small modicum of real education that it is you who in fact don't know much at all about the topic. You have even gone so far as to impugn the scientific AND religious credentials of Francis Collins, brilliant geneticist and self-proclaimed Christian. You have, in effect, made yourself the supreme arbiter of everything there is to know about this particular branch of science -- and all without a moment's actual study. What I think about that is better kept to myself.

And as to your "other requirement" -- that I cut and paste the "evidence of evolution" -- it is precisely the same as if I asked you tell me everything the Bible says using only the letters c through m, and no more than 6 times each. I would get to claim that the Bible must be false, because you couldn't do it. Well, that's what you are asking me to do. Or let me hold up a single link -- and you tell me how long the chain it came from was. You can't.

And to be honest, I think you really ought to be smart enough to realize that what you "require" is an impossibility. Thus, probably that's the reason that you do "require" it -- so that you can "win" by default.

I'm going to post a link -- and it is not even to something you have to read. It's to a video, less than 12 minutes long, and you just have to watch and listen. And if you learn ANYTHING (as I said, I have little hope of that) then follow some links and see if you can learn anything else.

What is the Evidence for Evolution?

Kirran

Premium Member
Only if you drank to excess to cause the miscarriage. Only then if it could be proven the drinking cause it.

Well that'd be equivalent to murder then, but that isn't addressing manslaughter. If someone dies because of your negligence, isn't it manslaughter?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I have looked at links for over 20 year, the NEVER have any scientific evidence. Maybe it is you who needs o take another look
You haven't even bothered to look so how on earth can you say such a thing?

Some one said environment can cause a change of species. When they present their evidence, I will present mine.
Show me how epigenetics can cause as change of species. You made the statement, back it up or admit you can't.
Nobody made the claim you think was made. I certainly didn't. Perhaps you need to take a deep breath and go back and take another look yourself. You claimed that, "Environment does not affect the cof the offspring and neither does a stressed mother, and you have no evidence of either one. Without backing it up, of course. Because there's nothing to back that up with.

I provided multiple studies demonstrating that epigenetics can affect the offspring of a stressed mother - which ran counter to your claim (and it had nothing to do with changes on the species level). Not my fault you don't recognize evidence.

Newsflash: You don't know more about evidence and genetics than geneticists do. Your posts are a demonstration of that. Sorry.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
God does have favorites, man., but you need Christianity go know that. Are plants more important than cows?

For You(God) formed my inward parts; your wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. Psa 139:13-14.

How precious are your thoughts of me, O God,! How vast is the sum of them? If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I Awake I am with your. Psa 139:17-19

Why should anybody put any stock into what the Bible says?

omega2xx

Why do you think Christian scriptures is right and better than Hindu. Buddhist and Jain ones? It is after all you, who was claiming the privilege to institute Christian morality as law of the land without regard to how others think? Prove to us that your scripture is right, make us all voluntarily convert and then we can make a country where only Christian morality is the the law. Not before.

I can't prove the Bible is right and you cna't prove it isn't.

Your desire to make American laws reflect only the morals of Christianity is basically a desire to make America a theocracy.

Theocracy:- A form of government in which God (or a deity) is recognized as the king or immediate ruler, and his laws are taken as the statute-book of the state.

Would the world be better if everyone followed the rules God has given us or not?

omega2xx

In spite of the rudeness, I am going to make one last try. I fully expect to be unsuccessful, for several obvious reasons.

First, that you are clearly NOT here to learn anything, but to wear everybody down. You say the same (incorrect) things over and over and over again, and once everybody eventually gets tired if it and simply goes away, you will sit back and say, "see, I was right all along." It won't be true, of course, but undoubtedly it will seem satisfying to you. To anybody else, it would be an exceptionally hollow victory.

You have made comments about other people's understanding of "basic genetics," while your posts clearly show anyone with even a small modicum of real education that it is you who in fact don't know much at all about the topic. You have even gone so far as to impugn the scientific AND religious credentials of Francis Collins, brilliant geneticist and self-proclaimed Christian. You have, in effect, made yourself the supreme arbiter of everything there is to know about this particular branch of science -- and all without a moment's actual study. What I think about that is better kept to myself.

And as to your "other requirement" -- that I cut and paste the "evidence of evolution" -- it is precisely the same as if I asked you tell me everything the Bible says using only the letters c through m, and no more than 6 times each. I would get to claim that the Bible must be false, because you couldn't do it. Well, that's what you are asking me to do. Or let me hold up a single link -- and you tell me how long the chain it came from was. You can't.

And to be honest, I think you really ought to be smart enough to realize that what you "require" is an impossibility. Thus, probably that's the reason that you do "require" it -- so that you can "win" by default.

I'm going to post a link -- and it is not even to something you have to read. It's to a video, less than 12 minutes long, and you just have to watch and listen. And if you learn ANYTHING (as I said, I have little hope of that) then follow some links and see if you can learn anything else.

What is the Evidence for Evolution?

Not true. I have ask you to cut and past what your link offered as evidence, not some 20 page disertation. That is a very simple request that could be done is 2 minuets. For some reason no one thinks I have studied evolution. It was pushed down my throat in high school and in college.

omega2xx

You haven't even bothered to look so how on earth can you say such a thing?

Duuh, I jusft said i have looked at them for 20+ years. All of you whine and whine about me not checking links and you could do what I ask and show me wrong. You don't because you can't NOW PROVE ME WREONG. Either put or shut up.

Nobody made the claim you think was made. I certainly didn't. Perhaps you need to take a deep breath and go back and take another look yourself. You claimed that, "Environment does not affect the cof the offspring and neither does a stressed mother, and you have no evidence of either one. Without backing it up, of course. Because there's nothing to back that up with.

I provided multiple studies demonstrating that epigenetics can affect the offspring of a stressed mother - which ran counter to your claim (and it had nothing to do with changes on the species level). Not my fault you don't recognize evidence.

It might have but it DID NOT change the species.

Newsflash: You don't know more about evidence and genetics than geneticists do. Your posts are a demonstration of that. Sorry.

I know more than you do. This is my last response unless a post unless the post includes the evidence for what they say.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Not true. I have ask you to cut and past what your link offered as evidence, not some 20 page disertation. That is a very simple request that could be done is 2 minuets. For some reason no one thinks I have studied evolution. It was pushed down my throat in high school and in college.
I must ask -- are you incapable of rudimentary understanding?

There is NO SINGLE PIECE OF EVIDENCE. Not even many pieces. It is, as the video pointed out, thousands and thousands of connected pieces of evidence from multiple sciences (biology, geography, botany, zoology, genetics and many more), and from lines of inquiry including comparative anatomy, embryology & development, the fossil record, DNA comparison, species distribution around the world and through geological time, observations of evolution in action (on a small scale because evolution takes more time than we've had), and again many more.

Darwin was on the Beagle for 5 years, and studied for an additional 10 years before finally publishing nearly 500 pages.

And you want ONE SINGLE EXPLANATION OF IT ALL. That is just plain silly. How many words are you going to allow before you stop reading, 6? Because it will take tens of thousands.

I'm done now. It is obvious you either lack the capacity to understand moderate complexity, or you are deliberately avoiding trying. It really doesn't matter to me which. And don't worry about not knowing science -- lots of people don't, and they get along just fine, so long as they don't really want to actually know how things work.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I can't prove the Bible is right and you cna't prove it isn't.

Would the world be better if everyone followed the rules God has given us or not?
Well, it would certainly be less populous, since God gave you rules about killing your wayward children for various "crimes." Ming the Merciless wasn't so awful.