• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of Evolution that was presented but never addressed

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It is absurd to make the life of a cow more valuable than of a human. They even put the life of rats more valuable. Man is God's greatest creation. If you don't see the absurdity of that, there is little hope for you.
It is absurd to make the life of a rat less valuable than of a human. They even put the life of cows as less valuable. God has no favorites among His Creation. If you don't see the absurdity of favoritism of God, there is little hope for you

omega2xx

It is absurd to make the life of a rat less valuable than of a human. They even put the life of cows as less valuable. God has no favorites among His Creation. If you don't see the absurdity of favoritism of God, there is little hope for you

God does have favorites, man., but you need Christianity go know that. Are plants more important than cows?

For You(God) formed my inward parts; your wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. Psa 139:13-14.

How precious are your thoughts of me, O God,! How vast is the sum of them? If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I Awake I am with your. Psa 139:17-19

“Whatever their bodies do affects their souls. It is funny how mortals always picture us as putting things into their minds: in reality our best work is done by keeping things out...”
C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
God does have favorites, man., but you need Christianity go know that. Are plants more important than cows?

For You(God) formed my inward parts; your wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. Psa 139:13-14.

How precious are your thoughts of me, O God,! How vast is the sum of them? If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I Awake I am with your. Psa 139:17-19

“Whatever their bodies do affects their souls. It is funny how mortals always picture us as putting things into their minds: in reality our best work is done by keeping things out...”
God does not have favorites, you need Hinduism to get to know that.
Plants cannot suffer or feel pain and hence exempt from individuated moral law of care.

I do not care about your Christian scriptures as you do not care about mine.

So back to the question. Why can't I institute my truth that says killing animals is murder if you claim the privilege to institute your truth that abortion is murder into the law of the land? Is US a Christian theocracy?

omega2xx

God does not have favorites, you need Hinduism to get to know that.
Plants cannot suffer or feel pain and hence exempt from individuated moral law of care.

You don't know that for sure.

I do not care about your Christian scriptures as you do not care about mine.

I didn't post them to convince you. I posted them to show God does have favorites.

So back to the question. Why can't I institute my truth that says killing animals is murder if you claim the privilege to institute your truth that abortion is murder into the law of the land? Is US a Christian theocracy?

You can if enough people agree with you. If you don't want to live in a democrasy, you can always mo to a country where the laws agree with your views.

Kirran

Premium Member
@omega2xx do you really not see the point @sayak83 is making? They're trying to give you an impression of how your views appear from a non-Christian perspective. Which in a secular state, is how all religious doctrines must appear in the eyes of the law.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You don't know that for sure.
Yes i do. As Hindu scriptures say that.

I didn't post them to convince you. I posted them to show God does have favorites.

And I can post my scriptures to show that God does not have favorites. So it comes down to :- who God rules the Heavens does it not. I believe it is mine of course.

You can if enough people agree with you. If you don't want to live in a democrasy, you can always mo to a country where the laws agree with your views.

US is not a majoritarian tyranny but a Constitutional Republic that has pledged to protect the freedom of conscience of minorities. You are advocating to trample over them by decreeing your faith's moral ideals to be the law of the land. Then I am free to trample over yours, get all the Hindus, Jains, Buddhists, atheists, liberals and animal advocacy groups to join up, get a majority and make it criminal to kill animals (mammals for now). If you do not like it, feel free to move to another country where Christian theocracy is still a thing.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
It is absurd to make the life of a cow more valuable than of a human. They even put the life of rats more valuable. Man is God's greatest creation. If you don't see the absurdity of that, there is little hope for you.
I do see the absurdity in the bold empty claim that man is gods greatest creation.

omega2xx

Yes i do. As Hindu y that.

How do you know that Hindu scriptue is right? Why is it better than Christian Scriptures?

And I can post my scriptures to show that God does not have favorites. So it comes down to :- who God rules the Heavens does it not. I believe it is mine of course.

Of course. Why do you think God created cows?

US is not a majoritarian tyranny but a Constitutional Republic that has pledged to protect the freedom of conscience of minorities. You are advocating to trample over them by decreeing your faith's moral ideals to be the law of the land. Then I am free to trample over yours, get all the Hindus, Jains, Buddhists, atheists, liberals and animal advocacy groups to join up, get a majority and make it criminal to kill animals (mammals for now). If you do not like it, feel free to move to another country where Christian theocracy is still a thing.

I live in America which is not a theocracy.

omega2xx

By the same logic - if abortion is murder (i.e. intentional killing of a human being) then miscarriage is manslaughter (i.e. unintentional or impassioned killing of a human being).

A miscarriage is not unintentional. It is natures way of terminating a faulty pregnancy.

omega2xx

So what if someone has a miscarriage because they had an unhealthy lifestyle? e.g. smoking, drug use, alcohol use...

I don't see how that makes any difference, Those who live an unhealthy lifestyle do not do it to have a miscarriage.

Kirran

Premium Member
I don't see how that makes any difference, Those who live an unhealthy lifestyle do not do it to have a miscarriage.

So say I'm pregnant, and I drink during pregnancy. As a result, I have a miscarriage. Do I not hold responsibility? If this really is about the death of a human being, which if intentional would be equivalent to murder.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Why do you think Christian scriptures is right and better than Hindu. Buddhist and Jain ones? It is after all you, who was claiming the privilege to institute Christian morality as law of the land without regard to how others think? Prove to us that your scripture is right, make us all voluntarily convert and then we can make a country where only Christian morality is the the law. Not before.

Your desire to make American laws reflect only the morals of Christianity is basically a desire to make America a theocracy.

Theocracy:- A form of government in which God (or a deity) is recognized as the king or immediate ruler, and his laws are taken as the statute-book of the state.