1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Evidence God Is

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by nPeace, Nov 7, 2018.

1. viole

viole Metaphysical Naturalist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,001
    Religion:
    Gnostic Atheism
    We do not have faith. We have evidence. These are two completely different things.

And we generally all agree. You do not even manage to agree between Allah, Jesus, Apollo, Kali, the great Juju or Whomever your fantasy makes up. Which is quite embarassing. Or it should be to the rational mind.

Ciao

- viole

• Like Like x 2
  2. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,175
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    I both acknowledged your opinion, and responded to it.

Why do you consider it a bad back? That means you must know what a good back is, right? Or do you have a problem with all backs period? See here.

Don't you mean your knees are damaged?
    Which means that there are knees that are undamaged right? [​IMG]
    Then why do you refer to your knees, as God's knees? [​IMG] Your'e funny. Got any more jokes.

I understand. I was just saying that when something leaves the manufacturer, it's not his responsibility to follow you home, and correct every mistake you make on his product. ;)

@j1i that's funny.
    You are missing a few things though.
    Your box needs to have the right environment - temperature, etc.
    You need millions of years, and you need to melt and refine the objects to their purest properties.
    After those millions of years, open it, and you may be surprised. :D

3. Unveiled Artist

Unveiled Artist Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +7,940

I don't know another way to phrase it but how did you come to the conclusion a designer created creation?

Call me silly, but I see a pattern but never associated it with a creator or designer or however termed. I don't know if it's innate for people to do that or just trust what's written, I dont know.

4. Unveiled Artist

Ratings:
    +7,940

I don't have innate reason to assign creator to a designer however termed. I have seizures and they aren't designed. Cancer isn't. Many illnesses arnt. We, as people, see patterns in things. That's how human brain makes sense of things. If we are already introduced to something, say letters and language if a word is off we can't read our brains try to match to make sense of former knowledge.

Nature in and of itself is not designed. It would be perfect but that term by itself is defined by humans. Creation just is.

I mean, people are still studying trying to find an innate god gene. We try to make sense of things but facts don't always align with our conclusions.

Edited.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Axe Elf

Axe Elf Prophet

Ratings:
    +1,615
    Religion:
    zen Xian
    It was a simple question; I provided a simple answer.

See how easy that makes it?

6. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,175
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    Yes you do.

Which is? Educated assumptions.
    The jellyfish’s stripes
    These muscle-related proteins are probably involved in cell motility ...“This specific form of myosin was previously known only from true muscle cells, and was assumed to have originated during muscle evolution,” says Technau. “But it probably evolved long before the first multicellular animals arose.”
    The new findings suggest that this myosin form, and other primordial muscle proteins, provided the basis for the evolution of muscles.

I could find millions of these for you, but I'm sure you wouldn't want me wasting my time trying to shake your faith.

You'll have to know how you see faith and evidence.
    I don't see faith as not holding to evidence.

Multiverse, Supersymmetry..
    I know why you would like that to be true, but it's not reality.
    We live in a world where disagreement reside in numbers, and the scientific community is not exempt.
    I'm sure you don't want me to pull up the hundreds of documents on where scientist do not agree.
    Actually, if you read my post, you would see one. ;)

Speaking of fantasy, how does something designed exist without a designer?
    Oh right. Your make-believe common ancestors.

7. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,175
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    Did you read through the OP?
    Please tell me what you understand from it.

8. Unveiled Artist

Ratings:
    +7,940
    I read the OP (of course). When replies to my post don't connect, the points shot off to the skies. Give me a sec so I can rephrase my first reply.

9. Unveiled Artist

Ratings:
    +7,940
    I asked how did you draw that conclusion.

I don't have an innate feeling there is a design. Like I said, I see a pattern but that's all I know.

Was it innate?
    Did it come only by reading scripture first?

I can't agree with you about the OP cause I see no designer...maybe go a bit deeper in how creation has a creator beyond us trying to figure it out by looking at the body (which isn't designed, given seizures and cancers)

Understand?

10. viole

viole Metaphysical Naturalist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,001
    Religion:
    Gnostic Atheism
    We all agree that all the things you are mentioning are the product of evolution by natural selection and common descent. Since a long time. That has not changed much, I am afraid. And that is exactly the mechanism, we agree upon, that gives the illusion of design. It is actually a very simple one.

And honestly, I would not put research in multiverses, supersymmetries and string theory, on the same level with beliefs in Jesus vs. Apollo. Lol. That would be like putting them on the same level of Mickey Mouse vs. Pinocchio.

Besides, you must believe in the existence of something that has no designer, as well.

That is what your belief, in Jesus or whomever, compels you to do.

Ciao

- viole

#50 viole, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  11. W3bcrowf3r

W3bcrowf3r Active Member

Ratings:
    +98
    Religion:
    Monotheism, i read the Torah, Psalms, Gospel and the Quran
    I have done research to Islam and the Quran, Christianity and the Gospel, Judaism and the Tora, and came to the conclusion they are all inspired by the same God, but that doesn't mean that what Muslims, Christians and Jews do is always correct. I am also learning Arabic, Greek and Hebrew, and i have found a lot of errors in translations which explains everything!

Now i am doing research about Hinduism and the Vedas.

PS: Don't judge a Book by it's followers.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Unveiled Artist

Ratings:
    +7,940
    How did you draw conclusions yourself?

I believe in rebirth because not only did I read it in the Dharma and it made sense, but I experience rebirth on my actions. So, observation and putting things together and a whole lot of practice let me understand it.

Books and studies are cool, but by no means the same as experience.

So how did you draw the conclusion?

My question doesn't assume you guys are dumb and ignorant. It's as is.

13. W3bcrowf3r

W3bcrowf3r Active Member

Ratings:
    +98
    Religion:
    Monotheism, i read the Torah, Psalms, Gospel and the Quran
    I don't know if the Vedas really teach a lasting cycle of rebirth, or if they mention just 1 cycle of rebirth.

Conclusions? I have read the Quran, Gospel and Tora, and they are inspired by the same God, the one and only God, YHVH, your God and my God, our God, the God of all. I read the Books themselves, and i am learning their original language.

You questioned if the design of the universe pointed to the 'Christian' God. My answer is, there is only one God, and He is the Author of both the Quran, Gospel and the Tora.

My only question is, what about the Vedas, it can't be that Hinduism doesn't have an Inspired Book received from God? God send Messengers to different Nations. Every Nation has it's Messenger. But i have to learn Sanskrit before i can read the original Vedas. I am not going to base my understanding of the Vedas on translations, and i am avoiding the denominations of course.

14. Hockeycowboy

Hockeycowboy Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,005
    Religion:
    Christian
    Reference would be helpful.

Isaiah 11:9 says, "...the Earth will be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah..."
    "Will be", implying it isn't, now.

Do you understand that? Do you know why it's not happening now? Meditating on and studying Genesis 3 explains the reason.

Yes, it is designed. Originally it posed no danger for humans.

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,175
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    Okay good. What is design?

No, we don't all agree. Is that hard for you to believe.
    If you are saying that you believe in design that has no designer, then it is not design.
    Therefore, can you explain why there is construction, and functioning components, leading to a specified objective, or goal.

Natural selection does not account for the design. It does not, for example,address the function of reproduction, for it itself is not the construction, function, or goal, of the property.

It is rather a process that can be altered by various factors.
    Those factors exist separately from natural selection.
    Actually, natural selection would not exist, were there no design.

No design. No natural selection.
    So back to point A we go. Design exists because there is a designer.

Who designed the first cause?
    That argument, always seems to come up, where no other exists.
    I suppose it sounds better that saying, processes got in motion without a mover.
    So just imagine, everything is motionless, and then BOOM! something moves - no life, no intelligence, nothing.
    Or maybe... there was life. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,175
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    Good point.
    Of course that would mean they are not followers, because they are not following the book. ;)
    It's like, you brought this really sophisticated device, and you run through the manual, without taking careful note, and following the instructions, but decide to incorporate your own knowledge - not considering that your knowledge on other devices may not apply to this particular device,
    That person isn't following the manual, are they?

17. Riders

Riders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,291
    Religion:
    Unitarian Universalism,Pagan,Zen

OMG OMG OMG Npeace what the fU^k?That video said humans are different from other forms of life because we have brains and are intelligent!
    Npeace you don't believe animals don't have brains and are not intelligent and have no nervous system r
    OMG that is unbelievable!
    Go tell a veterinarian you don't believe animals have brains and nervous systems see what they say!

#57 Riders, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  18. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,175
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    Hellooooooooo Riders.
    I'm glad you took the time to look at the videos. I hope you liked them... Well maybe you didn't like the one that you misunderstood.
    "What makes this organ unique, is that within it lies the ability for humans to know oneself. This feature [the ability for humans to know oneself] distinguishes, and sets the human species apart from the rest of creation. [Including plants [​IMG]]" End quote.

Thanks for the laugh though. [​IMG]
    Hope you enjoy the other videos. They are really nice. :)

19. Riders

Riders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,291
    Religion:
    We are a species of apes and apes can talk.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Riders

Riders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,291
    Religion:

Animals know themselves where did that come from?We are apes and I know myself. We are animal.:rolleyes: