1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Evidence God Is

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by nPeace, Nov 7, 2018.

1. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,008
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    Apparently I missed any notification of this post.

Small scaled evolution, okay. Large scale - No.

See here.

2. SkepticThinker

SkepticThinker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,447
    Yes to both.

I've already responded to that post. And it does not describe what you claim it does, anyway.

3. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,008
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
  4. SkepticThinker

Ratings:
    +3,447
    Yes it is. Hence the reason the theory of evolution is the best evidenced scientific theory that currently exists. If you disagree though, it should be easy to falsify.
    What's taking you guys so long to demonstrate that it's wrong, if it is so obvious? You've only had 160 years to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kelly of the Phoenix

Kelly of the Phoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,631
    Religion:
    "Post" Christian, likely Deist
    "Oceans don't exist because rain drops do."

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wild Fox

Wild Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +677
    Religion:
    nature
    There is something wrong with this last picture. I wonder if you can figure it out.

7. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,008
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    Yes, what is?
    No.
    ... is not demonstrable, observable nor repeatable.

Be specific please. If I disagree with what exactly?
    Based on what you are referring to, you yourself have demonstrated them to be wrong.

If you disagree that the supernatural, and miracles have the best supportive evidence, then why don't you falsify them?
    What's taking you so long, for the past 2 centuries and beyond?

8. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,008
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    Of course not. So why do some scientists make that speculation?

[​IMG]

It's not nearly as beautiful as it really will be?
    I'm not in it?
    What?
    :shrug:

9. Wild Fox

Ratings:
    +677
    Religion:
    nature
    So what exactly do all of these animals eat. And actually that picture is not nearly as beautiful as the world we live in. And you are in this world so appreciate it.

10. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,008
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    Well, this is actually a picture that's painted from Isaiah's prophecy about the future restored paradise, So to get the answer, we just have to go there.
    Isaiah 11:6-9
    6 The wolf will reside for a while with the lamb, And with the young goat the leopard will lie down, And the calf and the lion and the fattened animal will all be together; And a little boy will lead them. 7 The cow and the bear will feed together, And their young will lie down together. The lion will eat straw like the bull. 8 The nursing child will play over the lair of a cobra, And a weaned child will put his hand over the den of a poisonous snake. 9 They will not cause any harm Or any ruin in all my holy mountain, Because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah As the waters cover the sea.

This is exactly the way animals lived and ate in the original paradise.
    Genesis 1:29, 30
    29 Then God said: “Here I have given to you every seed-bearing plant that is on the entire earth and every tree with seed-bearing fruit. Let them serve as food for you. 30 And to every wild animal of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving on the earth in which there is life, I have given all green vegetation for food.” And it was so.

That's why it puzzled me why persons were asking about the tons of meat that Noah needed to take aboard the ark to feed the animals, but I realized that those persons had not a clue of the Biblical account.

Jehovah alone has the power to bring peace. He is doing it with humans,
    ...and he will do it with all the animals.
    Have you ever noticed that peaceful people tend to have peaceful animals? So just imagine the whole earth like that.

What? What?
    What do you find about this world that is better that a global peace, where animals and humans all live in peace, with no fear of anything or anyone?
    Surely you don't enjoy having to lock your doors every time you leave the house, or at night before you go to bed, and perhaps having your wife ask you almost every night, "Honey, did you lock the doors?"
    Would it not be a better world where you and your children can travel anywhere safely, without fear of being kidnapped, raped, or murdered.
    Have you seen the news on the folks living in Venezuela lately... not to mention the rest of Asia, Africa... actually the entire globe.

You just floored me. I'm shocked.
    Can you paint a picture of this world from your perspective? Perhaps I am missing something.

I appreciate life, and the joy of knowing my creator, and his purpose, and doing his will, as outlined in scripture. These I enjoy, and yes, I am in the world, but I don't enjoy it - with all its vice, and the exploitation of young vulnerable ones..
    In fact, I look forward to the end of the world, so right now, I am no part of the world.
    1 John 2:15-17; 5:19; John 12:31; 15:17-19

11. SkepticThinker

Ratings:
    +3,447
    Go read the post of yours that I was responding to.

... is not demonstrable, observable nor repeatable.
    [/quote]
    Are you not able to follow posts?

If you disagree ... with the sentence that directly precedes that one!
    That sentence being:

Hence the reason the theory of evolution is the best evidenced scientific theory that currently exists.

How exactly have I demonstrated that evolution is wrong? I'd love to know, because I'd be the first to do so. Nobel Prize, here I come!

Evolution has met its burden of proof. That organisms evolve over time is a fact. The theory of evolution explains the fact of evolution.

There's no need to falsify things that are asserted without any evidence. (For instance, how would you go about falsifying the existence of bigfoot?) There is zero evidence for the existence of the supernatural. As I've said before, asserting it's existence without evidence doesn't amount to much more than an argument from personal incredulity.

If you can show me that the supernatural exists, then I will have no choice but to believe it.
    Claims about the supernatural have never been demonstrated using any rigorous scientific method.

12. Wild Fox

Ratings:
    +677
    Religion:
    nature
    I am very aware and do not like what is going on in our world. But still although becoming increasingly rare there is the ultimate beauty and wonder of our world. Yes humans need to wake up and stop destroying the very world that supports them. As population increases so to the pressures which create the bad things we are seeing. The difference though is not to believe in a fairytale world which is at best symbolic and certainly not real or to recognize that what we have on this planet is too precious to destroy in hopes of a fantasy world that we can conceive of. Bulls need more than just straw. Lions and cobras will starve and actually humans will not do well on straw alone. Yes it is a beautiful idea that all will live side by side but it is only an idea and is not or will not be real. Hoping for such will only decrease your resolve to fix what is real and what needs to be protected.

• Like Like x 1
  13. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,008
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    If, by world, you mean the earth, I agree there is beauty in the earth, but no beauty exists in this world. 'World' is quite a broad term. Tell me, do you accept that the word 'world' is also used to refer to to a system, and a part of humanity?

What do you consider a fantasy world - the promises in scripture? Why?
    Have you not created your own fantasy world - hoping that man will some day wake up from his deep sleep, in which he seems to be snoring louder and louder?
    Why do you think your dreams are reality, and the Bible's promises are fantasy?

Oh, by the way, I am sure you have seen monkeys, and horses, and other animals eat fruit and vegetables, so what makes you think the animals will starve? If you believe humans are animals, and humans survive without eating meat, does that not mean that all animals can survive without meat?

#373 nPeace, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018