• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence for reincarnation?

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
Good to see you back, Kalidas. I was wondering where you had gone. I have not read your link - will do so later (working at the moment). But Just to add, I don't really bother with arguments about what might and might not happen to us after this body kicks it. It doesn't really matter to me. Generally, if it comes up, I'll say, "Reincarnation is just as provable as any other belief."

:camp:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The parts talking about quantum physics tie in with the theories of Stuart Hameroff, and quantum consciousness. I'm sold.

Maya3

I used to "believe" in reincarnation too. It seemed to make sense, it seemed plausible and I could think and imagine places where I imagined I might have lived in a past life.

Then I worked with a boy (I didn't know that 70 % of these cases were of boys remembering) and now I know. It is not a belief anymore. Or rather I know that this little boy remembered part of HIS past life/lives, it still doesn't prove that everyone has them.
But there is NO doubt in my mind that he did. He said things that kids just don't say. I have worked with kids for almost 30 years and I'm very used to how they talk and what they say etc. What he said was incredible. Also this happened with ONE kid. It's not that I read things into what kids say. I was lucky enough to experience this, but I doubt I will meet another kid that does.
I'm still completely stunned years later.

Kalidas, it's very nice to see you here again! :)

Maya

Last edited:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
It's a nice article, and I do think reincarnation/rebirth is real, but I'm a bit skeptical that Quantum Physics is really evidence that points towards reincarnation.

Also, those comments. :run:

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
As-Salamu Alaykum, Krishna be with you.

D1nITtZ.jpg

I keep my tom foolery to a minimum, the mods be writin me. I can't explain anything in
detail and it's hard not to look like a fool, this age, when discussing different aspects
of the mind, like spirituality in general. It's a realm of the mind full of delusion
and ego stroking. I may be a 12,000 year old barbarian, give or take, that's not
going to help me very much if I feel like trying to proof it. It seems to be an
experience some start to go through around their 30's, from what I understand.
It's like if I had a statue or some type of landmark or something placed for the
very purpose of reincarnation, that may work. But, that sounds totally absurd
as well, I was joking about digging up a picture of myself on the internet if
it's still around in a hundred years, the notion is quite hysterical.

Kalidas

It's a nice article, and I do think reincarnation/rebirth is real, but I'm a bit skeptical that Quantum Physics is really evidence that points towards reincarnation.

Also, those comments. :run:

Didn't even look at the comments, and I probably won't. The internet is full of trolls and mean people.

Kalidas

The parts talking about quantum physics tie in with the theories of Stuart Hameroff, and quantum consciousness. I'm sold.

Don't even get me started on this lol. I recently had an insane bout of thinking on quantum physics while working the other day. Had a lot of insane thoughts go bouncing in my head, I should share them here one day but it is a LOT to type.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Median time between death and birth is 16 months. Eight months in heaven and eight months in hell (well, on an average), the rest goes to 'prarabhda' (hidden karmas). Very scientific. :)

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I was joking about digging up a picture of myself on the internet if it's still around in a hundred years, the notion is quite hysterical.
وعليكم السلام, Wa ‘alaykum al-salaam
What constitutes you is eternal. It will last billions of years.

"Na tv evaham jatu nasam, na tvam neme janadhipah;
na caiva na bhavishyamah, sarve vayam atah param."

BhagawadGita 2.12

Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I know I have been absent from these forums for with a while now but I had to share this with you all!
Thanks Kalidas. I'm a believer in reincarnation and the works of Dr. Ian Stevenson and Dr.Tucker. Why do so many trivial things go mainstream but not this? I wonder what would happen if you put this in RF's General Religions debates. You might not want that carping and the aggravation.

Maya3

Thanks Kalidas. I'm a believer in reincarnation and the works of Dr. Ian Stevenson and Dr.Tucker. Why do so many trivial things go mainstream but not this? I wonder what would happen if you put this in RF's General Religions debates. You might not want that carping and the aggravation.

You'd have to get a lot of popcorn! :D

Maya

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Why we have sections, and why we appreciate the mods.

Agreed, The mods need loving.

Did you read the comments after the OP article. The first commenter was appalled that such a thing should even be studied at their university. You got to understand the hate many atheists (not all) have for anything that even smacks of the possibility of God, spirituality or paranormal things. I see it all the time in general RF.