• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Evidence" for God - Continued from another thread

Dogknox20

No, it doesn't.

Prove it.

Prove it.

Prove that anybody is meeting any dead relatives anywhere.

I see a lot of claims but not much (zero, actually) evidence.
You cannot see Spirits, but Spirits exist! Fact: People see Ghosts!

The North American Indian believed in a "Great White Spirit"! You can't deny this Fact! Thus, they believed in Spirits you cannot say they made this up because you can't prove it!

Dogknox20

Exactly. You don't care.
More true words have never been spoken.

You don't care. You only care about upholding your a priori dogmatic religious beliefs.
That much is clear.

TagliatelliMonster there is over 3 billion people that believe in God! There are billions more that believe in gods of some sort!

It's not MY dogmatic religion belief it is a world view! Man has ALWAYS believed in a god of some sort!

Dogknox20

The burden of proof is upon you when it comes to rejecting the Great Undetectable Dragon. You cannot prove there is NOT a GUD! All you have is your unprovable theory!

:rolleyes:

You know of no Aliens? Google ... UFO! You cannot prove there are NOT aliens abducting humans!

You do know; you refuse to admit them as facts! There are Aliens!

The ghosts tend to go away when taking anti-psychotic medicine.

TagliatelliMonster There is Evil in the world and there is the opposite, there is Good!
There are demons and there is a God! I can prove there is Good and Evil.... Just grab your newspaper for the proof!

You cannot prove evil does NOT exist or the opposite! Man has fought against evil for as long as we have been. There is exorcist....
  1. a person who expels or attempts to expel a supposed evil spirit from a person or place.
    "the comic's character used his powers as an exorcist to hunt supernatural entities"

Dogknox20

Challenging someone to prove the negative is a fallacy in logic. It is up to the person making the claim to prove their case.

There are good reasons to reject or doubt the existence of Gods, Spirits, Ghosts, works of Divine agencies, miracles and other supernatural phenomena because they are subjective claims without objectively verifiable evidence,

The word after miracle in the dictionary is mirage.
shunyadragon the Proof is Spirits cannot be seen! There are Spirits! God is spirit I can proof there is God by what he moves!
I can prove there is air by its actions, I cannot see air!

If I could show you God and you could see God, then you could say I do not have proof!

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
TagliatelliMonster there is over 3 billion people that believe in God! There are billions more that believe in gods of some sort!

First, it is dishonest of you to lump them all together. I can assure you that the vast majority believers doesn't agree with your religious beliefs at all and who look at christianity like you look at the viking gods.
In fact, the majority of religious believers in my experience tend to think of all religions they don't believe in like I, an atheist, thinks of them.

Secondly, argument from popularity is a logical fallacy.
It matters not how many people believe a thing.

100% of people could believe the earth is flat. That would only mean that 100% of people are wrong.

It's not MY dogmatic religion belief it is a world view! Man has ALWAYS believed in a god of some sort!

You hold a belief in the religion you follow.
That belief is your dogmatic belief and which is what I was referring to.
Yes, many other believers have the same problem.

But I'm talking to you, not the others.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
TagliatelliMonster There is Evil in the world and there is the opposite, there is Good!

I disagree.
There are people in the world. They can act in immoral ways, which is what the word "evil" refers to, and they can act in moral ways, which would be "good".

Evil and good do not exist as independent entities.
They are labels we slap on types of behavior based on how those behaviors affect well-being.

There are demons and there is a God! I can prove there is Good and Evil.... Just grab your newspaper for the proof!

If you mean that humans engage in both moral and immoral behaviors, then sure.

You cannot prove evil does NOT exist or the opposite!

Again, bad behavior exists.
That is what we refer to with the word "evil".

Man has fought against evil for as long as we have been. There is exorcist....
  1. a person who expels or attempts to expel a supposed evil spirit from a person or place.
    "the comic's character used his powers as an exorcist to hunt supernatural entities"

Yes, all kinds of charlatans exist.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
shunyadragon the Proof is Spirits cannot be seen! There are Spirits! God is spirit I can proof there is God by what he moves!

If I could show you God and you could see God, then you could say I do not have proof!
That makes no sense whatsoever.

Also, air is very much directly detectable.
We can even very accurately determine its composition.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

These are entirely subjective claims as to the belief in the existence of God. Terrible misleading use of the concept of proof. An apparent lack of knowledge of the English language

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You cannot see Spirits, but Spirits exist! Fact: People see Ghosts!
This claim requires evidence, rather than just empty assertion. People see all kinds of things and attribute them to ghosts, I'll give you that. But nobody has been able to demonstrate the existence of such things so far.

The North American Indian believed in a "Great White Spirit"! You can't deny this Fact! Thus, they believed in Spirits you cannot say they made this up because you can't prove it!
People believing in things doesn't make them real.
You need evidence.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

The number of people who believe in a thing has no bearing on the truth of the claim.

Reactions: ppp

Dogknox20

These are entirely subjective claims as to the belief in the existence of God. Terrible misleading use of the concept of proof. An apparent lack of knowledge of the English language
shunyadragon You have to prove "Miracle" do NOT exist!
The Dancing Sun Miracle
The Virgin Mary told three children she would do a Miracle at noon on October 13... She kept her promise!
Thousand showed up on October 13 at noon; she kept her promise! Explain this away!

Fact: Miracles are from God!

shunyadragon Explain away the newspaper reports about the Miracle that happen on October 13 at noon as Promised! Did the reporters lie!?

shunyadragon Explain away how ankle-deep mud dried up in a few minutes!

Dogknox20

The number of people who believe in a thing has no bearing on the truth of the claim.

SkepticThinker you claim there is not a god! You BELIEVE there is NOT a god! All you have is your "Belief"! You have belief that cannot be proven as true thus it remains a belief.

The large number of people that have had NDE saying they have found relatives they did not know about means there is proof in an afterlife!

Dogknox20

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Also, air is very much directly detectable.
We can even very accurately determine its composition.

You cannot see Spirits, but Spirits exist! Fact: People see Ghosts! You cannot prove all these people have NOT seen Ghosts!
Fact. There is exorcist, that removed demons from demon-possessed people!

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
SkepticThinker you claim there is not a god!
Nope, I don't.

You BELIEVE there is NOT a god! All you have is your "Belief"! You have belief that cannot be proven as true thus it remains a belief.
I lack belief in god(s). I've never seen good evidence that would convince me of the existence of any god(s). That's not the same thing as believing there are no gods.

You're the one claiming a God exists. The burden of proof is yours alone. You haven't come anywhere close to meeting it.

Of course, none of the addresses the point I was making to you - that the number of people who believe in a thing has no bearing on veracity of the claim. People believe all sorts of things.

The large number of people that have had NDE saying they have found relatives they did not know about means there is proof in an afterlife!
I've already addressed this. That's not evidence of an afterlife. It's evidence that peoples' brains act wonky when they're distressed and/or shutting down.

I'm sorry but you don't seem to have the slightest idea what evidence or proof is.

Dogknox20

Nope, I don't.

I lack belief in god(s). I've never seen good evidence that would convince me of the existence of any god(s). That's not the same thing as believing there are no gods.

You're the one claiming a God exists. The burden of proof is yours alone. You haven't come anywhere close to meeting it.

Of course, none of the addresses the point I was making to you - that the number of people who believe in a thing has no bearing on veracity of the claim. People believe all sorts of things.

I've already addressed this. That's not evidence of an afterlife. It's evidence that peoples' brains act wonky when they're distressed and/or shutting down.

I'm sorry but you don't seem to have the slightest idea what evidence or proof is.

You did NOT address this...
SkepticThinker If they people in NDE find relatives, they did not know were theirs then "peoples' brains act wonky when they're distressed and/or shutting down" cannot explain this away! Or do you believe a "Wonky Brain" has powers beyond normal!
FACT: people have met relatives in NDE that were theirs, relatives they found out after NDE that were related to them!!

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You did NOT address this...
Just did in the very post you are responding to.

SkepticThinker If they people in NDE find relatives, they did not know were theirs then "peoples' brains act wonky when they're distressed and/or shutting down" cannot explain this away! Or do you believe a "Wonky Brain" has powers beyond normal!
There is nothing to "explain away." You haven't made a case for anything. You're just making claim after claim. I offered a naturalistic explanation.

FACT: people have met relatives in NDE that were theirs, relatives they found out after NDE that were related to them!!
Sure thing. Let me know when you can demonstrate that seeing people in your mind as your brain shuts down is evidence for the specific god you believe in.

Dogknox20

Just did in the very post you are responding to.

There is nothing to "explain away." You haven't made a case for anything. You're just making claim after claim. I offered a naturalistic explanation.

Sure thing. Let me know when you can demonstrate that seeing people in your mind as your brain shuts down is evidence for the specific god you believe in.
SkepticThinker finding a relative you did not know you had as your brain shuts down means there is more to NDE that you cannot explain away!
Mirical's happen they are from God! Mary told three children she would return in one month at noon on October 13 to do a Mirical because many people were saying the children were making up their story about Mary appearing to them!! Thousands of people gathered on October 13 at noon, most were sceptic... It rained buckets of water.... ankle deep mud! The water dried up in minutes to be dry ground, the sun moved back and forth in the sky spinning with many colors! Newspapers reported this, Mirical. You cannot say it was an illusion because it was predicted to happen at a certain time, and it did!! You cannot say the reporters lied because they had photos!

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You cannot see Spirits, but Spirits exist!

You keep asserting this.
As long as you keep asserting it without evidence, I'll keep rejecting it at face value.

Fact: People see Ghosts! You cannot prove all these people have NOT seen Ghosts!

Fact: People are abducted by aliens! You cannot prove all these people were NOT abducted by aliens!!

Fact. There is exorcist, that removed demons from demon-possessed people!

Fact. There are extra-dimensional goblins that steal cakes from my kitchen.

You have an odd working definition of the word "fact".

Facts are demonstrable.
Facts aren't things that are true "because they can't be proven wrong".
If that were the case, then you should accept as fact that Goblins are stealing cakes from my kitchen.

In short: maybe you should learn how the burden of proof works. And while you are at it, what "facts" are. And what "independently verifiable evidence" is.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
SkepticThinker finding a relative you did not know you had as your brain shuts down means there is more to NDE that you cannot explain away!
Mirical's happen they are from God! Mary told three children she would return in one month at noon on October 13 to do a Mirical because many people were saying the children were making up their story about Mary appearing to them!! Thousands of people gathered on October 13 at noon, most were sceptic... It rained buckets of water.... ankle deep mud! The water dried up in minutes to be dry ground, the sun moved back and forth in the sky spinning with many colors! Newspapers reported this, Mirical. You cannot say it was an illusion because it was predicted to happen at a certain time, and it did!! You cannot say the reporters lied because they had photos!

Hey, wonna buy a bridge?

Brand new. Never been used.
Lemme know!

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Maybe. Then there is no explanation. You don't get to say, "well there's no explanation so it's the God I believe in!" You have to actually demonstrate that.

Sounds made up.

There should be many, many news reports from all across the globe if, as you say, "the sun moved back and forth in the sky spinning with many colours." Why don't those exist?
Where are these photos you speak of?
And let's just say that the sun did once spin around and change colours ... how did you demonstrate that some God did that? And not just any God, the one you claim exists?