• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence for an ancient earth

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Go ahead and deliberately ignore all the experimental and observational evidence from cosmology for the uniformity of the laws of physics I posted in the OP.
Or...if you are inclined to do anythng other than air evidence free opinion, please point out why the exact match of elemental compositions from observed radiation of Microwave Background and the theoretical predictions using the laws of physics acting in the first few minutes of the Big Bang, is not decisive validation of uniformity. Make an argument with logic and evidence, I will ignore opinions.

"Go ahead and deliberately ignore all the experimental and observational evidence for the uniformity of the laws of physics"

so said all opponents of Einstein, Planck, Lemaitre and Galileo

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
"Go ahead and deliberately ignore all the experimental and observational evidence for the uniformity of the laws of physics"

so said all opponents of Einstein, Planck, Lemaitre and Galileo
Gotcha, you got nothing. Bye.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
I think you are afraid of typing anything other than evidence free opinions as you have realized how severely devoid of justifications your current beliefs truly are.

Gotcha, you said you were not going to respond to an opinion, and you just did, thus I proved you wrong ;)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You believe it exist, so you are the one who first needs to prove your right, I have nothing to prove.

In this case your answer should be "I don't know if God does exist", but to say that God doesn't exist
then you have to prove it to us.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
In this case your answer should be "I don't know if God does exist", but to say that God doesn't exist
Well there has never been any god that has never been proved, so its highly likely he doesn't exist, its like trying to prove little fairies exist in your garden, how can you prove they don't, so that is what your saying. There is nothing wrong in admitting you just don't know, and just keep your faith in believing he does exist, and of course not to argue that he does exist, because then you make a fool out of yourself.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Well there has never been any god that has never been proved, so its highly likely he doesn't exist, its like trying to prove little fairies exist in your garden, how can you prove they don't, so that is what your saying. There is nothing wrong in admitting you just don't know, and just keep your faith in believing he does exist, and of course not to argue that he does exist, because then you make a fool out of yourself.

And you think that you got it right and the others were wrong, what if God does really exist
or you're 100% sure that he doesn't.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
And you think that you got it right and the others were wrong, what if God does really exist
Well you can't truly say he exist, because you cannot even prove it, you just live on hope, if he did exist I would give a piece of my mind, and tell him that he can't even run a brothel lol.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Well you can't truly say he exist, because you cannot even prove it, you just live on hope, if he did exist I would give a piece of my mind, and tell him that he can't even run a brothel lol.

For me I have the proof which you blindly think of it as coincidences and you hope that God doesn't exist.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
For me I have the proof which you blindly think of it as coincidences and you hope that God doesn't exist.

First, this dialogue concerning the existence of God belongs in another thread. Arguing extremes of subjective 'beliefs' is like screaming through a sound proof wall.

What I do not see is anyone presenting a coherent argument against the overwhelming evidence, and the physics of thermodynamics that the earth, and our solar system is billions of years old. If no coherent contrary argument can be presented; case closed.

Actually there is a similar problem of Theists arguing for a world or regional flood that fits the Biblical account, as some Christians who believe in an old earth based on the evidence, but believe in the Biblical flood. The overwhelming evidence and the physics of thermodynamics of such an event clearly demonstrate it never happened.

Last edited:

Bob the Unbeliever

False. The default condition, is "god does not exist". This is the basic state, until (if ever) someone manages to dig up (or fabricate) some convincing proof that gods in general, are even possible-- let alone exist.

Extraordinary claims, such as "God Is This!" require very extraordinary proofs.

Claims stated without any proof at all (as in the case of all god-claims) may simply be dismissed as conjecture.

Bob the Unbeliever

Define what you mean-- exactly -- by the word "god".

I betcha I can find holes in your description that prove such a beast cannot exist.

You cannot have a square-circle, for example.

Another example:

A god who is all-powerful AND all-good cannot create evil.

If a this god cannot do some task? It is not all-powerful.

Thus? A god cannot be both all-powerful AND all-good. Such a beast cannot exist.

Bob the Unbeliever

what if God does really exist

What if the Flying Invisible Pink Unicorn really does exist? And what she hates the most? Are people who claim that the wrong god exists.

What if the Flying Spaghetti Monster really does exist? You are so going to FSM Hell for spreading your Heresy.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
First, this dialogue concerning the existence of God belongs in another thread. Arguing extremes of subjective 'beliefs' is like screaming through a sound proof wall.

What I do not see is anyone presenting a coherent argument against the overwhelming evidence, and the physics of thermodynamics that the earth, and our solar system is billions of years old. If no coherent contrary argument can be presented; case closed.

Actually there is a similar problem of Theists arguing for a world or regional flood that fits the Biblical account, as some Christians who believe in an old earth based on the evidence, but believe in the Biblical flood. The overwhelming evidence and the physics of thermodynamics of such an event clearly demonstrate it never happened.

I believe that the earth is billions of years old, it doesn't contradict with my belief and the flood wasn't a worldwide
flood but it was in the region of Noah's tribe.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
False. The default condition, is "god does not exist". This is the basic state, until (if ever) someone manages to dig up (or fabricate) some convincing proof that gods in general, are even possible-- let alone exist.

Extraordinary claims, such as "God Is This!" require very extraordinary proofs.

Claims stated without any proof at all (as in the case of all god-claims) may simply be dismissed as conjecture.

Prophecies to me is an enough proof added to the rational thinking except if we want to think of things as
happening due to coincidences.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Define what you mean-- exactly -- by the word "god".

I betcha I can find holes in your description that prove such a beast cannot exist.

You cannot have a square-circle, for example.

Another example:

A god who is all-powerful AND all-good cannot create evil.

If a this god cannot do some task? It is not all-powerful.

Thus? A god cannot be both all-powerful AND all-good. Such a beast cannot exist.

Who said that God is always good and why he has to be so? a policeman is good even though that he
may kill some evil ones.