• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence for a Young Earth (Not Billions of Years Old)

Astrophile

I remember as a boy, in my fascination with science, finding a book in my parents library that showed a woman who had been hit in the side of her abdomen by a meteorite that had come through the roof. She had a very large bruise from that "high energy" impact, but otherwise was OK.
This was the Sylacauga (Alabama) meteorite (an olivine-bronzite chaondrite), which fell on 30 November 1954. It weighed 3.86 kg (8.5 lb) and struck and bruised a Mrs. Hodges - Sylacauga (meteorite) - Wikipedia

Justatruthseeker

Read for content, if you can.

I said nothing remotely like what you claim.
I was pointing out that not every impact is
so massive as the one you calculated t o the last pound.
I didn’t calculate it. The very source your cohorts cited calculated it. I just put it into numbers that maybe might, might, make you think about their claims...... instead of atmospheres I simply calculated that pressure into impact forces......

That you then refuse to even think what 105 millions pounds per square foot impact would do to asteroids never heated or compressed to solidity, shows your willingness to disregard logic and instead follow blindly. That this force magically melts veins, but doesn’t shatter such a fragile meteorite. Leaves no other sign of it’s impact, despite the tremendous impact forces involved......

It just shows people’s willingness to disregard logical thinking to keep their belief system intact. Never question theory, despite science demanding it always be questioned....

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
This was the Sylacauga (Alabama) meteorite (an olivine-bronzite chaondrite), which fell on 30 November 1954. It weighed 3.86 kg (8.5 lb) and struck and bruised a Mrs. Hodges - Sylacauga (meteorite) - Wikipedia
I recall it was long ago and had the time frame in mind that is consistent with the date you provide. It was one of those rare instances where someone was actually struck by meteorite. As a child, I was fascinated and frightened, but my parents explained how it was very rare and I need not be concerned. They were nutty like that, using reason and evidence to explain to a child instead of telling me something useful like she was hit because God didn't like her.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I didn’t calculate it. The very source your cohorts cited calculated it. I just put it into numbers that maybe might, might, make you think about their claims...... instead of atmospheres I simply calculated that pressure into impact forces......

That you then refuse to even think what 105 millions pounds per square foot impact would do to asteroids never heated or compressed to solidity, shows your willingness to disregard logic and instead follow blindly. That this force magically melts veins, but doesn’t shatter such a fragile meteorite. Leaves no other sign of it’s impact, despite the tremendous impact forces involved......

It just shows people’s willingness to disregard logical thinking to keep their belief system intact.
When are you going to use logical thinking and ethics? Anytime soon? Or will it always be oodles and oodles of never ending poodles?

Justatruthseeker

When are you going to use logical thinking and ethics? Anytime soon? Or will it always be oodles and oodles of never ending poodles?
When are you? Since we both know a poodle has less variation possible than the wolf it and 100 other breeds came from.

But then that’s probably why you ignore their are only a few different types of Poodles and only a few breeds bred from them.....

Reality doesn’t fit your belief system so you pretend reality isn’t real...

When it becomes attack the poster because you can’t challenge the claims, it shows the battle has already been lost by you... you just can’t see it because reality is ignored...

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I just found the very image that so captured my imagination many years ago. I should have known that I could find it on the internet. I just had not thought to look.

The bruise does sort of look like a giant lip impression. Maybe some creationist can invent some facts about how it was the kiss of Satan or something equally useful.

Justatruthseeker

I just found the very image that so captured my imagination many years ago. I should have known that I could find it on the internet. I just had not thought to look.

The bruise does sort of look like a giant lip impression. Maybe some creationist can invent some facts about how it was the kiss of Satan or something equally useful.
Only someone disillusioned would try to stoop to that level. Is your hatred so intense you must now make up scenarios in your own mind to blame on creationists????

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
When are you? Since we both know a poodle has less variation possible than the wolf it and 100 other breeds came from.
We both do not know that and you have never demonstrated it. Just asserted and gotten all angry, because people think and do not follow your blind lead off the cliff.

But then that’s probably why you ignore their are only a few different types of Poodles and only a few breeds bred from them.....
No. I have addressed that and you--with my complete understanding--ignored that completely. In fact, you have ignored your responsibility for supporting your claims routinely.

Reality does not fit anyone's belief system. If it did, faith would not be required. Where have you been locked up?

When it becomes attack the poster because you can’t challenge the claims, it shows the battle has already been lost by you... you just can’t see it because reality is ignored...
That seems to be your main tactic. Do you have any others? Or is it just to be more oodles and oodles of never ending poodles?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Only someone disillusioned would try to stoop to that level. Is your hatred so intense you must now make up scenarios in your own mind to blame on creationists????
Stooping to that level is on a par with your oodles and oodles of never ending poodles that you continually assert and continually run from supporting.

I do not care if people believe in biblical creationism. That is their right and I stand in protection of that. I cannot abide by them turning their belief into facts and attacking those that do have the facts. You guys tend to make that your bread and meat.

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
Apparently you do care about this portion since you thought it necessary to inject your ignoring reality here...

I’m sure you are. Laughing is the only way you can justify to yourself ignoring reality....

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself. I understand cognitive dissonance applies itself in many ways to protect fragile minds from the reality.... that their beliefs are wrong....

So, in response to people making claims of you projecting, you project some more?

What you did there, is projecting. No amount of projecting is going to change it.

But lemme know how it works out for you.

Justatruthseeker

Asteroids come in all sizes. They would not necessarily "disintegrate" they would more likely break up. Guess what happens when a large asteroids break up? We get all sorts of smaller asteroids. And they will have a record of that collision. The fact that they show evidence of this collision is why they are called "shocked asteroids". Not all asteroids have this mineral. Only those that have evidence of being shocked. Do you think that the presence of Ringwoodite is the only evidence of being shocked? It appears that the observation of shocked came first then the observation of ringwoodite.

Just own up to your error and we can move on.
No, they are not differentiated, which means they were never large enough to begin the sorting process to begin with.

Your assumptions ignore key facts. As always and merely rely on assumption that requires we ignore the facts.

We shatter granite boulders with much less force than 105 million pounds per square foot of force.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Besides, I do not have to make anything up for creationists. You guys do all the leg work for that on your own. My imagination is not so great that I could come up with a portion of what you imagine up on a daily basis.

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.

Multiple question marks. That to me is a sign of anger or at least losing composure. I'm not sure what you're trying to project here.

I'm coining a new usage for the word "projection." It now means everything you say.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, they are not differentiated, which means they were never large enough to begin the sorting process to begin with.

Your assumptions ignore key facts. As always and merely rely on assumption that requires we ignore the facts.

We shatter granite boulders with much less force than 105 million pounds per square foot of force.
How do you know that these meteorites were not part of a larger asteroid? We are not talking a large body with a significant force of gravity. You are now grasping at nonexistent straws.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

I am still waiting for the evidence that you have that shows that poodles are as you describe. I know I will be waiting forever. All that you have is a superficial observation that intentionally does not go very deep, because you know that going deeper would destroy your assertions.

I wonder if Dunning and Kruger are stalking you?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Multiple question marks. That to me is a sign of anger or at least losing composure. I'm not sure what you're trying to project here.

I'm coining a new usage for the word "projection." It now means everything you say.
He is a very angry person. That was clear to me after shortly being introduced to him on this forum. Then I was shown his work on other forums and it is very similar. He uses the same tactics of assertion and avoidance of his burden to support his assertions. Like most creationists, he tries to trick others into fulfilling his obligations. I still find myself starting to do that in similar situations to this very day. They know that people of knowledge love to discuss what they know and they play on that to get them to defend their assertions for them.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
How have you determined that there are only 100 breeds of dog? How have you determined that there is no variation in the poodle or any of these other breeds? What is your evidence that poodle breeders save and report all the variation that results in their breeding of poodles? You must have this information to make and support your claims. Surely, you are not fibbing to us or hoping we will not look deeper are you?

Where is your evidence that I have ignored the different types of poodles? How is this not a personal attack, considering that I have not ignored different breeds of poodle?

How have you determined that these few different types of poodle that you now concede exist did not arise from mutations? Even if they are the result of interbreeding with other existing breeds, how is that an argument against evolution? Do you have evidence that the theory of evolution stipulates that variation come from a single source?

How is your argument using the poodle not an argument that variation is introduced from other sources outside of mutation and is in fact an argument against evolution? If evolution relies on variation and differential reproductive success through natural selection, why does that variation have to come from mutation only?

Aside from the massive projection you are illustrating for your own view, how is this not a personal attack on me? How does this support your oodles and oodles of never ending poodles model?

I agree. You seem to default to that position. On what basis do you feel that attacking other posters defends your position and demonstrates the validity of your claims? How is the reliance on a superficial set of circumstances associated with your view of poodle breeding looking at reality?

How is this post of yours that I am responding to anything more than just a personal attack on me? Where is the evidence that supports your assertion of oodles and oodles of never ending poodles? Do you think this post provides that evidence? Where?