• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence for a Young Earth (Not Billions of Years Old)

tas8831

He seems to be intelligent, but it is amazing how little he understands of the various fields of science about which he is feigning expertise. I see a lot of commentary from him that screams projection.

I do not know if anyone else has gotten this feeling from his posts, but I get this sense that he is trying to convince himself with his useless contrivances about poodles and geology.
Oh yes.

But what I find disturbing is the fact that he has been making many of the exact same WRONG arguments for YEARS, despite them being demolished the first time he brings them up. I think his kind see it as a sort of public/intellectual martydom... or something...

Weird thing - I searched back through his old posts on this forum, and back in 2014, he was using the word "allele", but by the time I got here, around 2017 I think, he was calling them "allies" and even went so far as to claim he was right when I pointed out the error. I don't understand such folk. I mean, I DO, but I just can't...

tas8831

And if poodle breeders did not attempt to breed true, you would still only end up with Poodles until they mated with another breed.
Speaking of Poodles...

I'm sure you just 'missed' this:

Here is a link to the gray wolf genome:

Canis lupus (ID 365) - Genome - NCBI

Here is a link to a poodle genome (the picture shows a boxer or something, but the actual genome is a poodle):
Canis lupus familiaris (ID 85) - Genome - NCBI

With your extensive and unimpeachable encyclopedic knowledge of genes and genetics, please show us how the wolf genome possesses the alleles needed for a poodle.​

Just as Asians mated primarily with other Asians (they bred true in your words) and remained Asian. Only when they mate with say an African (which also tended to breed true) is variation in the species produced (Afro-Asian).
I have been asking you for more than a year, and you never reply - Where did Asians and Africans come from in the first place?

You claim that only via hybridization (and magic genomes) can new species/races arise. Adam and Eve were middle eastern creations. There were only 10 generations between Adam and Noah - 10 rounds of inbreeding between middle easterners and somehow Noah's sons married an Asian and an African? How did that happen?

That just the same Asians always remain Asians unless bred with something else in their species, then still remain the same species.
What bred with what to get the first Asian?
Granted, I understand you can’t see what mated with what from a pile of bones, so your ignorance can be partially forgiven....
Give it up, you clearly do not understand even the basics of breeding, let alone things you can’t observe in the past with a pile of bones..

Remind me again how you think new alleles are formed?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, he does that. Poor guy has convinced himself that anything he believes by virtue of it going against 'mainstream' (i.e., secular) science is true, and that he has an in-depth grasp on all of the science involved.
It is the same waste of time that is the grist of many a creationist argument.

I think it is amazing that he has come up with the poodles argument, given that the population that diverged from wolf 15 to 40 thousand years ago, has so readily diversified under the management of people, into the multitude of breeds we see today and there is no indication that there is an end to it. I can only assume that his erroneous insistence that crosses refute evolution is part of his denial and ignorance.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh yes.

But what I find disturbing is the fact that he has been making many of the exact same WRONG arguments for YEARS, despite them being demolished the first time he brings them up. I think his kind see it as a sort of public/intellectual martydom... or something...
I agree. It is a disturbing, but very common feature, of creationist denial.

Maybe. For some, reliance on worthless arguments is surely purely an expression of ignorance, but for this guy, I cannot see that. Perhaps it is some sort of intellectual suicide.

Weird thing - I searched back through his old posts on this forum, and back in 2014, he was using the word "allele", but by the time I got here, around 2017 I think, he was calling them "allies" and even went so far as to claim he was right when I pointed out the error. I don't understand such folk. I mean, I DO, but I just can't...
It is difficult for me to understand too even though I recognize it.

He has a strong aversion to admitting mistakes. I was able to show that from a simple test on here. Even mistakes that would have little or no consequence to admitting.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Speaking of Poodles...

I'm sure you just 'missed' this:

Here is a link to the gray wolf genome:

Canis lupus (ID 365) - Genome - NCBI

Here is a link to a poodle genome (the picture shows a boxer or something, but the actual genome is a poodle):
Canis lupus familiaris (ID 85) - Genome - NCBI

With your extensive and unimpeachable encyclopedic knowledge of genes and genetics, please show us how the wolf genome possesses the alleles needed for a poodle.​

I have been asking you for more than a year, and you never reply - Where did Asians and Africans come from in the first place?

You claim that only via hybridization (and magic genomes) can new species/races arise. Adam and Eve were middle eastern creations. There were only 10 generations between Adam and Noah - 10 rounds of inbreeding between middle easterners and somehow Noah's sons married an Asian and an African? How did that happen?

What bred with what to get the first Asian?

Remind me again how you think new alleles are formed?
That is some miraculous fecundity to produce a population so large in just 10 generations. Those women had to be just walking incubators that were born pregnant in defiance of what we know of human biology.

Of course, more logic and evidence to be denied and ignored.

Audie

Veteran Member
I agree. It is a disturbing, but very common feature, of creationist denial.

Maybe. For some, reliance on worthless arguments is surely purely an expression of ignorance, but for this guy, I cannot see that. Perhaps it is some sort of intellectual suicide.

It is difficult for me to understand too even though I recognize it.

He has a strong aversion to admitting mistakes. I was able to show that from a simple test on here. Even mistakes that would have little or no consequence to admitting.

None will come out and say in so many
words that they are infallible.

But in so many ways the creo shows they
do so believe of themselves.

And-

To admit to the tiniest error, would, like
the tiny point of a needle to taut baloon,
destroy their entire construct.

How different from those who learn from
mistakes! (See Edison for example)

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
None will come out and say in so many
words that they are infallible.

But in so many ways the creo shows they
do so believe of themselves.

And-

To admit to the tiniest error, would, like
the tiny point of a needle to taut baloon,
destroy their entire construct.

How different from those who learn from
mistakes! (See Edison for example)
What a brilliant analogy. Their bubble of gas cannot take even the tiniest touch.

I, unfortunately, have a large body of my own work to learn from.

Justatruthseeker

From Wikipedia: 'In meteorites, ringwoodite occurs in the veinlets of quenched shock-melt cutting the matrix and replacing olivine probably produced by shock metamorphism' (my emphasis). See Ringwoodite - Wikipedia . The article cites M. Chen, A. El Goresy & P. Gillet, 2004, PNAS, 101, 15033-15037 - Ringwoodite lamellae in olivine: Clues to olivine–ringwoodite phase transition mechanisms in shocked meteorites and subducting slabs

In other words, ringwoodite is produced in chondritic meteorites as a result of shock metamorphism due to collisions between asteroids (the parent bodies of the asteroids). This shock metamorphism has been observed in lunar rocks and in the rocks of terrestrial impact structures; it can produce much higher pressures (up to 100 GPa) than the static metamorphism resulting from deep burial and tectonic processes. This explains the apparent anomaly of the existence of a high-pressure mineral occurring in the low-pressure environment of the parent bodies of meteorites.

Which of course you failed to do any further research thinking you found the gotcha.....

Shocked chondrite meteorites due to their composition would disintegrate at 50,000 atmospheres of pressure on such a high impact.

That is 105,810,943 pounds per square foot of impact force.... so let’s see if I got this straight. You want me to believe two asteroids colliding with the force equivalent of 105 million pounds per square foot didn’t disintegrate them???

You people just accept anything they tell you without thinking it through. You apply no logic at all, just blindly swallow what you are told to believe, despite planetary and star formation models being in serious trouble.....

Audie

Veteran Member
A brilliant example of genuine projection. Thank you for sharing.

Projection, yes.

It is embarrassing to observe an adult behaving
in quite such an unsophisticated and un -self- aware
way.

Fully equal to something like if I were to blather away
at a post game show, with no clue how football is payed,
while actually thinking I am an expert, ahead of others in
my thinking.

Or if our hero tried to present a talk to an assembled
group of physicists.

Of course, after a hoot or two they would just walk out.

Probably because they could not handle the truth. :D

Audie

Veteran Member
Which of course you failed to do any further research thinking you found the gotcha.....

Shocked chondrite meteorites due to their composition would disintegrate at 50,000 atmospheres of pressure on such a high impact.

That is 105,810,943 pounds per square foot of impact force.... so let’s see if I got this straight. You want me to believe two asteroids colliding with the force equivalent of 105 million pounds per square foot didn’t disintegrate them???

You people just accept anything they tell you without thinking it through. You apply no logic at all, just blindly swallow what you are told to believe, despite planetary and star formation models being in serious trouble.....

Out past Pluto they found that asteroid sorta thingy that
looks like a snowman, with two spheres touching.
That musta been a fantastically high energy impact!!!
:D
Not so long ago, a small meteor came through
someone's roof, bounced around a bit and
ended up under the coffee table.

Another fantastically high energy impact,
dontcha think?

Always 105 whatever you said it was bazillions of
lb per sq ft. Musta blown that house to bits.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

dontcha think?

I remember as a boy, in my fascination with science, finding a book in my parents library that showed a woman who had been hit in the side of her abdomen by a meteorite that had come through the roof. She had a very large bruise from that "high energy" impact, but otherwise was OK.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Asteroids come in all sizes. They would not necessarily "disintegrate" they would more likely break up. Guess what happens when a large asteroids break up? We get all sorts of smaller asteroids. And they will have a record of that collision. The fact that they show evidence of this collision is why they are called "shocked asteroids". Not all asteroids have this mineral. Only those that have evidence of being shocked. Do you think that the presence of Ringwoodite is the only evidence of being shocked? It appears that the observation of shocked came first then the observation of ringwoodite.

Just own up to your error and we can move on.

Audie

Veteran Member
I remember as a boy, in my fascination with science, finding a book in my parents library that showed a woman who had been hit in the side of her abdomen by a meteorite that had come through the roof. She had a very large bruise from that "high energy" impact, but otherwise was OK.

Stand by for rebuttal. :D

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Projection, yes.

It is embarrassing to observe an adult behaving
in quite such an unsophisticated and un -self- aware
way.

Fully equal to something like if I were to blather away
at a post game show, with no clue how football is payed,
while actually thinking I am an expert, ahead of others in
my thinking.

Or if our hero tried to present a talk to an assembled
group of physicists.

Of course, after a hoot or two they would just walk out.

Probably because they could not handle the truth. :D
I think this is important to consider in the frame of our ongoing discussion as well. Where they choose to bring their truth also impacts on how one responds. If he were telling us about the immutable poodles in a lecture hall, I would laugh and walk out as well. Here, though, it seems that this different venue offers only the ability to symbolically walk out and with, I think, less effect. So, addressing these anti-science drones on the internet may be more substantial, than laughing and walking away would be in the real world. What are your thoughts on that idea?

Audie

Veteran Member
Asteroids come in all sizes. They would not necessarily "disintegrate" they would more likely break up. Guess what happens when a large asteroids break up? We get all sorts of smaller asteroids. And they will have a record of that collision. The fact that they show evidence of this collision is why they are called "shocked asteroids". Not all asteroids have this mineral. Only those that have evidence of being shocked. Do you think that the presence of Ringwoodite is the only evidence of being shocked? It appears that the observation of shocked came first then the observation of ringwoodite.

Just own up to your error and we can move on.

Imagine the fantastic impact this one had.

house hit by meteorite - Google Search:

Now That is (at least) 105,810,943 pounds per square foot of impact force

Audie

Veteran Member
I think this is important to consider in the frame of our ongoing discussion as well. Where they choose to bring their truth also impacts on how one responds. If he were telling us about the immutable poodles in a lecture hall, I would laugh and walk out as well. Here, though, it seems that this different venue offers only the ability to symbolically walk out and with, I think, less effect. So, addressing these anti-science drones on the internet may be more substantial, than laughing and walking away would be in the real world. What are your thoughts on that idea?

It is amusing but seldom productive.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

dontcha think?

I think that some people have a strange idea of how much energy it takes to blow something to bits. I grew up on a farm and a large boulder needed to be removed. It was too big to move with even a tractor, over five feet on a side. A hole was dug under it and some dynamite placed underneath it. We watched from a very safe distance. A large piece flew up to telephone pole height before falling back. And even then it was broken up into several large pieces. It was not anywhere close to being disintegrated.. Disintegrations tend to be what we see in movies and TV shows. Not so much in reality.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
It is amusing but seldom productive.
Yes. It can be. I do not think you expect me to justify my actions, but you have made me consider the motivations for taking on some of these DK experts. I have noted, and rather recently, that I rush in like a bulldog when challenges to biology--no matter how obviously ludicrous and vapid--are made. Obviously, it is something I am aware of and your thoughts, on dealing with a certain quality of creationist, have given me an opportunity to voice my own views as I look deeper and ponder those considerations.