• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everything You Own, Owns You

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Do you see any truth in the statement, "Everything you own, owns you"? If so, what truth is there to it?

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
I'd say no.

If I fart, I own it as it came from me. I created it. But once the butt trumpet sounds off, and the beast escapes my boxers, it is free to sneak up on whomever and claim them. Especially if their mouth is open.

Edit: that reminds me...

Has anyone seen police officers at airports using T3 mobiles? They look like this:

800_be74b8e9cd233331b96a9cb2e1d6c26e.jpg

Cops like to play a game called "crop dusting." They will ride by a group of people, fart, and blanket all of them with a good dusting! If you see a fat ******* on a T3 rolling toward you, head for the hills! :D:p

Even Obama got in on the crop dusting:

Crop-duster.jpg

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Do you see any truth in the statement, "Everything you own, owns you"? If so, what truth is there to it?
I don't think that's necessarily true but it's typically true. If you have something and are not attached to it, then you're fine. Of course, I have a gazillion things I'm attached to so I'm familiar with being owned by my possessions.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
I'd say no.

If I fart, I own it as it came from me. I created it. But once the butt trumpet sounds off, and the beast escapes my boxers, it is free to sneak up on whomever and claim them. Especially if their mouth is open.

Edit: that reminds me...

Has anyone seen police officers at airports using T3 mobiles? They look like this:

Cops like to play a game called "crop dusting." They will ride by a group of people, fart, and blanket all of them with a good dusting! :D:p

So they make a game of farting on people? I am so glad we give them guns.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk

I think that depends on your attachment to the object. I am something of a minimalist, if I were to move all my things, it would take only one car trip even for smaller cars. However, most my stuff is in storage, at a friend's house. For years now everything I keep with me can be packed up into one large travel bag. I don't own any furniture, and I don't own a car (38 years old, and I have never gotten my drivers licence; just don't want a car and never have). I can actually get anxious if I have too many possessions with me. And it is all for the reason that I simply do not want to be responsible for extra items that I don't really need.

I also use to smoke, and one of the central reasons I stopped was because I didn't like amount of control a pack of smokes had over me. It is not just the smoking, but you always had to make sure you had a supply on you and that you don't run out.

I have been trying to get myself to move away from non-water drinks for the same reason. I gave up the pop, but now I drink juice mainly, but I would like it if all I drank was water, as then I would never have to go get juice again. It would save time and money. The problem is that I might be hooked on the sugar in juice.

The less dependent you can make yourself on the want to have things and stuff, the more free you are.

Last edited: