• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everything Skyrim (and Other TES Stuff)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Hard to believe Skyrim will become 10 years old this year.

I know I’m not the only TES V: Skyrim junkie on this forum, so I decided to create a thread for those who play to post their random stuff about Skyrim and other TES stuff, even discussion of the upcoming TES VI: Redfall (?).

I’ll kick it off with this 5+ year old Honest Trailer video I just found this morning...

I’m now off to play my new Blades build character I just started yesterday...

A Vestigial Mote

There was (is?) an exploit I don't know if they ever fixed - because after having it originally, I bought a PS4 reboot that came with two of the expansion content packs (the vampire one, and homestead building), and it STILL had the exploit in it.

It involved something like using a "fortify restoration potion" before doing a task - and the source I got it from ONLY used it for making your shout-cooldown items better, but I found it worked for crafting potions also, and the effect would then be cumulative! So you could use the potion, craft a potion of higher-that-you-could-reach power, then use THAT potion, which would boost you even more, and then craft another, etc. You had to be careful not to let the % increase get too high though, or it started working in reverse somehow. But in some cases, getting it up to 22,000% was entirely possible. Making blacksmithing gear (enchanted) and boosted blacksmithing potions was my specialty. With full super-high enchanted gear and potions in effect, you could literally increase a full blacksmithing level per iron dagger you improved. And that iron dagger would have some ridiculous damage rating, and would then sell for like 22,000. So then, if you reset your "speech" ability tree, you could level up super-fast by selling those super-expensive items also.

At one point, I had a level 500+ High Elf, who wore nothing but ragged trousers, dirty rags on his feet, cheap leather bracers on his arms (all enchanted of course). He had over 5,000 HP. I could literally jump off of mountains and survive the fall, and one-hit-kill dragons with the enchanted glass axe he carried.

That was just a mess-around game, of course, since it got boring pretty quickly being able to just defeat anything and everything with impunity.

Erebus

7ef9bace0919cfd17cdbc0d796d8affb.jpg

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to be a big Bethesda fan, in part inspired by games like Skyrim, but their shift towards anti-customer monetization over the past few years - especially what they had the gall to pull with that game that will not be named - has incinerated the goodwill and trust that I had for the company. I try not to let it tarnish the generally positive memories I have of games like Skyrim, but it's hard - especially now that Skyrim is now forced to have that cash club, which wasn't a terrible idea in principle but they didn't implement it correctly. I hold out a small hope that the anti-customer monetization will end with the Microsoft acquisition - that all that happened because the higher ups at Zenimax Media were ordering sleazy crap to increase the selling value of the parent company and its holdings - but... we'll see.

In any case, it's a game that has aged well. I went back to try and play KOTOR yesterday, and while that game is leaps above Skyrim as an RPG, it has definitely not aged well at all. Even sans-mods, OG Skyrim remains a beautiful game that enable players to tell their own stories within the landscape it crafts. While a bit oversimplified on the RPG elements for my preferences, that simplification is precisely why the game was able to go mainstream. Hardcore RPGs don't ever have mass appeal - they're too complicated, too inaccessible for more casual gamers. Skyrim struck a decent happy-medium that could satisfy the hardcore RPG lovers like myself while also remaining accessible to RPG casuals. Plus, with mods, you can very easily turn Skyrim into a something closer to a hardcore RPG. I never, ever play it without EnaiSiaon's perk mods.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
For this reason or that (file corruptions, console crash, whatever) I have never actually finished the main story of Skyrim.
And when I play, I have always fought for the Stormcloaks. Fighting for the Imperials feels too much like choosing to fight for the Romans.
But this last play, I'm getting a little tired of all the dark elf hate and Skyrim is for Nords, so the next time I just might go with the Imperials.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
For this reason or that (file corruptions, console crash, whatever) I have never actually finished the main story of Skyrim.
And when I play, I have always fought for the Stormcloaks. Fighting for the Imperials feels too much like choosing to fight for the Romans.
But this last play, I'm getting a little tired of all the dark elf hate and Skyrim is for Nords, so the next time I just might go with the Imperials.

I rarely participate in the civil war, but when I do, I typically will take the Imperial side, except the one time I went with a pure Nord build whose backstory was that he was a cousin of Ulfric.

I see the Stormcloaks as separatist racist pigs. Look how they treat the Dunmer and Argonians. Heck, they even changed the name of the section of Windhelm where the Dunmer live from the Snow Quarter to the Gray Quarter. I see that as a slur.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I see the Stormcloaks as separatist racist pigs. Look how they treat the Dunmer and Argonians. Heck, they even changed the name of the section of Windhelm where the Dunmer live from the Snow Quarter to the Gray Quarter. I see that as a slur.
It really is a choice between prejudiced nationalist who are notorious xenophobes and imperialist dogs who are second-rate Aldmeri Dominion.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I am far to easily distracted.
I have not finished the main quest line, the thieves guild quest line, the dark brotherhood quest line, the bard quest line, the companions quest line, the dawnguard quest line, the civil war quest line, the mage questline, or that island you go to from Windhelm quest line....

Which is sad because I have had numerous characters over level 100.....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I am far to easily distracted.
I have not finished the main quest line, the thieves guild quest line, the dark brotherhood quest line, the bard quest line, the companions quest line, the dawnguard quest line, the civil war quest line, the mage questline, or that island you go to from Windhelm quest line....

Which is sad because I have had numerous characters over level 100.....
I never finish them straight through. I'll do a few quests in a story line and then start on to another one.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Been recently playing a Plague based character (modded). I use the Restoration tree exclusively and cast poisons to kill everything that isn't resistant. Then use the Sunlight spells you get from dawnguard against the undead. He also runs around in a custom armor that is a Plague Doctor outfit.
101741-1584026183-580701080.jpeg
(Not my character, but same outfit).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Been recently playing a Plague based character (modded). I use the Restoration tree exclusively and cast poisons to kill everything that isn't resistant. Then use the Sunlight spells you get from dawnguard against the undead. He also runs around in a custom armor that is a Plague Doctor outfit.
View attachment 47517
(Not my character, but same outfit).
Mine is a "**** yo couch!" mage. Summon a sword, summon a bow, heal and buff, and some destruction for fun.

Daemon Sophic

It really is a choice between prejudiced nationalist who are notorious xenophobes and imperialist dogs who are second-rate Aldmeri Dominion.
Actually the Aldmeri Dominion are the perfect combination of imperialists and predjudiced scum xenophobes. I tend to play with the backstory of someone whose family was slaughtered by Aldmeri, and who wants the unity of the Empire, but says, “Screw the White Gold Concordat, I’ma gonna kill every goldie I find.” :mad::D
Played the game many dozens of times over (Xbox360 then on Xbox One). So frustrated having to wait for the next game. It’s like waiting between A New Hope and The Empire Stikes Back. :mad::mad::rolleyes::mad::rolleyes::mad::mad:

Single best combo of original trailer with fan-music. All they had to do was slow the trailer to 50% speed to match the 2 minute song. In fact it made the visual part even better. Magnificent!!

PS - ****** doesn’t even flinch when the dragon roars. :cool:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Been carousing in Skyrim in VR. I beat the hame in the past but never was actually inside the Skyrim world. Once I popped on the VR goggles though....

The vista's and scales are breathtaking.

I simply can't play flat-screen anymore.

Hayboyek

Skyrim is nice for playing long time. I am still newbie but have strong interest in playing and dicsovering this game more. Also used different info and find more for getting information about characters and levels of game.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Skyrim is nice for playing long time. I am still newbie but have strong interest in playing and dicsovering this game more. Also used different info and find more for getting information about characters and levels of game.
Skyrim is freaking massive.
I have been playing it off and on since it came out.
I played Oblivion before that.

My daughter started playing it about five-ish years ago.
She has one character that she plans on completing everything in the vanilla (meaning no mods) game with.