• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everything is the same thing.

Etritonakin

All things which are complex must be made up not only of less complex things, but of the least complex thing/s possible.

As we see on the atomic level, all atoms are essentially the same thing -differing only in amount and arrangement of components.
This principle should logically apply at any and every level.
Even the components of the atoms -and their components -and their components -ought to be made of the same things in differing amount and arrangement -to the point of greatest simplicity/irreducibility.

I have been considering this for a while -just wanted to collect and share my thoughts. Might not be a new idea, but it's new to me.
:rolleyes:

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member

Why?

Different sets of rules exist for different things that exist at different levels based on their size and the environment they interact with alone. Flagella aren't really seen outside of microbic organisms existing in water because water is far more thick and viscous at those microscopic levels compared to what we experience on our scale.

Physics aren't really my strong point, but it seems to me like scale changes the way certain things behave in relation to their environment...

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I may be wrong and in over my head but doesn't String Theory postulate it's all strings that can vibrate in like 22 dimensions.

Heyo

Veteran Member
All things which are complex must be made up not only of less complex things, but of the least complex thing/s possible.

As we see on the atomic level, all atoms are essentially the same thing -differing only in amount and arrangement of components.
Even the components of the atoms -and their components -and their components -ought to be made of the same things in differing amount and arrangement -to the point of greatest simplicity/irreducibility.

I have been considering this for a while -just wanted to collect and share my thoughts. Might not be a new idea, but it's new to me.
:rolleyes:
Physicists have been looking for a "beautiful" solution for the particle zoo for ages. But there is no law or even a hint of evidence that the universe has to be "beautiful". Maybe reality really is as messy as it looks.

Daemon Sophic

nothing-exists-except-atoms-and-empty-space-everything-else-is-opinion-quote-1.jpg

…of course in his time, the concept of “atoms” just meant the smallest conceivable thing (ant droppings),…… but the concept is the same as @Etritonakin ’s OP.

RestlessSoul

Physicists have been looking for a "beautiful" solution for the particle zoo for ages. But there is no law or even a hint of evidence that the universe has to be "beautiful". Maybe reality really is as messy as it looks.

It seems to me that all the evidence points to a universe of sublime harmonious beauty. As for a law to that effect, how about "where there is matter there is geometry" (Johannes Kepler)?

Etritonakin

Why?

Different sets of rules exist for different things that exist at different levels based on their size and the environment they interact with alone. Flagella aren't really seen outside of microbic organisms existing in water because water is far more thick and viscous at those microscopic levels compared to what we experience on our scale.

Physics aren't really my strong point, but it seems to me like scale changes the way certain things behave in relation to their environment...

It is both logical and true by definition.
When we say "level" it refers to complexity.
It is number (or relative strength of force if everything boils down to simply that which can act and react) and arrangent which are responsible for the various rules at different levels.
The most simple interactions upon which anything is based do not simply change or go away -they are repeated, rearranged, more or less complex, etc. -and they must be stable -even 100 percent predictable.
That which is complex is also 100 percent predictable -but requires more capability to be understood due to complexity.
Otherwise, science couldn't really be a thing -and everything would get really weird due to unpredictability.

Last edited:

Etritonakin

It seems to me that all the evidence points to a universe of sublime harmonious beauty. As for a law to that effect, how about "where there is matter there is geometry" (Johannes Kepler)?

There is balance -but also a basic force which is able to cause temporary imbalance. Decision came about due to that -and is subject and dependent -but is also that which may subdue it and decide its course.
Now that we may consider what is beautiful and not -we can look back on how we came to be and consider it such. We may also notice when things are not optimal for our needs and desires -and change them.

The beauty is in the fact that anything is actually possible -the most basic stuff can be arranged any which way -but only in the way that it is at the time. More so when we can make great changes without them biting us in the butt.

Last edited:

Etritonakin

It is basically completely orderly -but can be messy when the orderliness serves no function or purpose.
I think the fact that people are looking for it (beauty -actually the cause thereof)) is evidence of it. It resulted in it -and the concept of messyness -which is based on our drive to order things in such a way as to not be a bummer -but rather cause more awesomeness.
Because of the fact that it traveled from interaction to function to true purpose -leading to intelligences which could experience awe when considering it -and even wrap their heads around it and create more awe... I'm thinking it's beautiful.

Last edited:

Etritonakin

nothing-exists-except-atoms-and-empty-space-everything-else-is-opinion-quote-1.jpg

…of course in his time, the concept of “atoms” just meant the smallest conceivable thing (ant droppings),…… but the concept is the same as @Etritonakin ’s OP.
Basically, but opinion is related to decision -which I perceive to be the point at which complete inevitability ceased to be -and allows for mastery of reality -none of which would be possible without the predictability based on repeated, rearranged identical simple interaction (the littlest ant poop I guess)

Yep it's all about how you stack your ant poop.

I think I just called myself a pile of ant poop.

Last edited: