• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone who loves is born of God

idea

Question Everything
Straight, gay, trans, black, white, religious, nonreligious, etc etc.
Ditch the judging, hate and racism.
They all know love

The bible says "Everyone who loves is born of God"

1 John 4:7-8

7: Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God
8: The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love

This is like saying "anyone who loves is born a Democrat, for Democrats invented welfare, and caring for those in need."

Those who love, and are not a Democrat, might take offense...

Audie

Veteran Member
That was my exact thoughts about your original post. Making things up in order to concoct a post to fight your ghosts. :) Go back and look at the history. It's easy to do.
Ghosts? What twaddle are you hallucinating?
And you say I am making things up
after I proved that "used of" is a saying.
Are you quite well?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Straight, gay, trans, black, white, religious, nonreligious, etc etc.
Ditch the judging, hate and racism.
They all know love

The bible says "Everyone who loves is born of God"

1 John 4:7-8

7: Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God
8: The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love
Did you miss this part:
" Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:"

That comes first.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
True

Luckily here it's clear meaning
No wiggle room here

1) Love is God
2) Everyone who loves is born of God and knows God

Well 1 is just a false equivalence, love is word we use to describe a range of different emotions, the god is superfluous at best.

2 is demonstrably untrue, as I love and have loved, and I don't "know god". Nor of course am I alone in that.

Audie

Veteran Member
Of course hate and racism is unloving, but I think neglecting truth is, also.

“Forgotten is the first duty of love: to speak the truth (Ephesians 4:15). Real love does not flatter or soothe when correction is needed but points out the error which is blinding and harming the loved one. Christ said, "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten; be zealous, therefore, and repent" (Revelation 3:19). Instead, the idea is now current that love excludes rebuke, ignores the truth, and seeks unity at any price. Only disaster can result.”
Dave Hunt
And you are quite sure you don't neglect truth?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ghosts? What twaddle are you hallucinating?
And you say I am making things up
after I proved that "used of" is a saying.
Are you quite well?
I'm quite well. Yourself?

If you don't recall, I said you are apparently fighting ghosts, because you responded to something that nobody on this thread actually said. If you believe they actually said "used of God", then it is your hallucination. Hence, "ghosts". Of course, you can always prove me wrong by pointing me to where they actually said "used of God". That would settle this question pretty quickly. Which post number offers this "proof" you speak of?

F1fan

Veteran Member
How does a myth start doing anything?
That is a good question for believers. And where is their absent God?

[/quote]Who starts proving it first? Straight, gay, trans, black, white, religious, nonreligious, etc etc.[/QUOTE]
Any believer who acts through dogma against others, especially marginalized categories of people like gays and trans.

We Never Know

No Slack

F1fan

Veteran Member
I see no one is going to mention the elephant in the room, that the passage is actually addressing people that are already believers in Christ.
No critical thinker believes in this Christian idea, it simply is absurd and non-rational.

So why would we expect believers to understand what this means. The real question is: what does "through" mean?