• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone: What do you think of this quote?

IndigoChild

God, in "Tomorrow's God" by Neale Donald Walsch, said - and I think Jesus would agree - these words:

"Even those you consider the worst among you are expressions of God."

Now think on this. God, in the same book, also said that the words "Life," "Change," and "God" are all interchangeable. So what about these expressions:

"Even those you consider the worst among you are expressions of Life."

"Even those you consider the worst among you are expressions of Change."

Now, if you agree with one of these lines but not another, why?

Kaliko Kat, an indigo-aura individual

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
I just sent you a letter commending you on your signature. And here I find a thread about it. The bible says this:

Mat 25:42 I was hungry, and you gave me nothing to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, and you didn't take me into your homes. I needed clothes, and you didn't give me anything to wear. I was sick and in prison, and you didn't take care of me.' 44 "They, too, will ask, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or as a stranger or in need of clothes or sick or in prison and didn't help you?' 45 "He will answer them, 'I can guarantee this truth: Whatever you failed to do for one of my brothers or sisters, no matter how unimportant [they seemed], you failed to do for me.'

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
This is a very similar sentiment to the Buddhist principle that all beings have the potential to become Buddhas; thus all beings are worthy of respect, no matter what they have done in this life.

Riven

No one is "the worst among us". We are all equal, because we are all the same. Every person is a Thought of God, and no Thought of God can be inferior to another Thought of God. All are perfect, holy, and changeless.

Dayv

All that lives is equal, nothing is above or below me, which is why I refuse to submit to anyone, but also why I never expect anyone to bow before me. As for the actual question IndigoChild asked, I agree with them all. The goddess is life, that is her very essence, and through life everything is constantly changing and evolving.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Every one is equal - all have the same opporunity, and we should recognize that quality even in those on whom we look down.:)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
IndigoChild said:
God, in "Tomorrow's God" by Neale Donald Walsch, said - and I think Jesus would agree - these words:

"Even those you consider the worst among you are expressions of God."

Now think on this. God, in the same book, also said that the words "Life," "Change," and "God" are all interchangeable. So what about these expressions:

"Even those you consider the worst among you are expressions of Life."

"Even those you consider the worst among you are expressions of Change."

Now, if you agree with one of these lines but not another, why?

Kaliko Kat, an indigo-aura individual
I find them both quite acceptable statements.
Change can be for good or ill or neutral, so no problem.

Terry

IndigoChild

EnhancedSpirit said:
I just sent you a letter commending you on your signature. And here I find a thread about it. The bible says this:

Mat 25:42 I was hungry, and you gave me nothing to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, and you didn't take me into your homes. I needed clothes, and you didn't give me anything to wear. I was sick and in prison, and you didn't take care of me.' 44 "They, too, will ask, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or as a stranger or in need of clothes or sick or in prison and didn't help you?' 45 "He will answer them, 'I can guarantee this truth: Whatever you failed to do for one of my brothers or sisters, no matter how unimportant [they seemed], you failed to do for me.'
Yes. Jesus was one of those who mastered life, and found the divinity of himself and all others. Here are some other quotes of his:

"I and the Father are one" (John 10:30). And the glory which Thou gavest me, I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one (John 17:22). I in them, and Thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one (John 17:23). That the love where-with Thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them (John 17:26)."

"So we, being many, are one body in Christ; and every one members one of another (Romans 12:5)."

"Now he that planeth and he that watereth are one (I Cor. 3:8). For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread." (I Cor. 10:17)

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bound or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many. If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? (I Cor. 12-16)."

"But now are they many members, yet but one body (I Cor. 12:20)."

Kat

IndigoChild

Engyo said:
This is a very similar sentiment to the Buddhist principle that all beings have the potential to become Buddhas; thus all beings are worthy of respect, no matter what they have done in this life.
Yes. Buddha, Krishna, Mohummad, Jesus, and many more were all masters.

Kat

IndigoChild

Riven said:
No one is "the worst among us". We are all equal, because we are all the same. Every person is a Thought of God, and no Thought of God can be inferior to another Thought of God. All are perfect, holy, and changeless.
I know. That's what the quote says. "Even those you consider the worst among you are an expression of God."

As much as you may all agree, I'll bet there's at least one group of people you would be prejudiced against. (I have a specific group in mind.)

Kat

IndigoChild

Dayv said:
All that lives is equal, nothing is above or below me, which is why I refuse to submit to anyone, but also why I never expect anyone to bow before me. As for the actual question IndigoChild asked, I agree with them all. The goddess is life, that is her very essence, and through life everything is constantly changing and evolving.
Still, I think if you search your mind hard enough, you'll think of a group of people you have been taught to be prejudiced against, who you have yet to get past that predjudice.

Kat

IndigoChild

michel said:
Every one is equal - all have the same opporunity, and we should recognize that quality even in those on whom we look down.:)
Is there any behavior, thought, or fantasy that you can think of that would cause you to feel hatred for someone? Such hatred that you might be loathe to open your mind or heart to them?

Kat