• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone is a genius

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I found it funny everyone on RF seemed to claim to be highly intelligent in a certain thread, when:

20200502_134408.jpg

It's kind of like the same phenomena where everyone on the internet claims to be that 2% of the population that is INTJ.

But then, maybe all the statistics are wrong.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I stayed out of that thread because I couldn't make sense of the OP. Clearly, I did not belong.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Now I'm actually curious. I want to start a discussion asking members to take an online free intelligence test and post the results. It's not that I don't believe them, it's just I don't fully believe the statistics on the internet, and need further proof that these statistics may be flawed. However, I need some help - I don't know where to look for a good intelligence test.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Now I'm actually curious. I want to start a discussion asking members to take an online free intelligence test and post the results. It's not that I don't believe them, it's just I don't fully believe the statistics on the internet, and need further proof that these statistics may be flawed. However, I need some help - I don't know where to look for a good intelligence test.
You need a certified test; I don't think there are any on the Internet. I'm 134 on the WAIS-II my last test; 1 in 200. My working memory is 1 in 2000 and I have had schizophrenia which lowers it so without my schizophrenia it's even higher.

Sorry to brag, but it makes me a good author.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You need a certified test; I don't think there are any on the Internet. I'm 134 on the WAIS-II my last test; 1 in 200. My working memory is 1 in 2000 and I have had schizophrenia which lowers it so without my schizophrenia it's even higher.

I can relate. I have had schizophrenia. I'm more in recovery mode now.

74x12

I found it funny everyone on RF seemed to claim to be highly intelligent in a certain thread, when:

View attachment 39550

It's kind of like the same phenomena where everyone on the internet claims to be that 2% of the population that is INTJ.

Not to flatter people here; but I believe forums like this do attract people of slightly higher intelligence ... so I do believe the members of RF are of higher intelligence. Maybe not all geniuses ...

Heyo

Veteran Member

View attachment 39550

1. Nobody has claimed to be genius level intelligent. "Highly" intelligent isn't exactly defined. I guess it could start as low as 115 (highest quarter).
2. Participants on a forum are a self selected group and participants in a subject with "intelligence" in the header even more so.
It is entirely possible that of the billions of people who theoretically have access to RF, those 20 that congregate in a thread about intelligence are intelligent.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

I was a card-carrying member of Mensa way back when. I was rather underwhelmed at the time, I think I only sat it because of my interest in psychology (twas what I took at uni). There isn't just one sort of intelligence imo; the Mensa type thing can only assess a "type" of intelligence.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

View attachment 39550

Oh no, I'm INTJ too! (I've had it done "properly" by an accredited assessor). When I read the descriptions of "typical" INTJers I think it's quite accurate in the same way as a long paragraph describing a "typical" Piscean would be accurate.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

View attachment 39550

Bah. Everyone's a genius. It's just that some have faster processors that's all.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Not to flatter people here; but I believe forums like this do attract people of slightly higher intelligence ... so I do believe the members of RF are of higher intelligence. Maybe not all geniuses ...
Uh huh?
I'm really really sorry........... but for members like me an' @Revoltingest RF might have hit the 'all genius' gong.

:p

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

View attachment 39550

Maybe the stats are wrong because I find everybody I talk to or debate is smarter than me in some category or maybe genius IQ is overrated. I was tested and scored a 165 and I assure you I am no genius as more than a few RF'ers can testify.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Maybe the stats are wrong because I find everybody I talk to or debate is smarter than me in some category or maybe genius IQ is overrated. I was tested and scored a 165 and I assure you I am no genius as more than a few RF'ers can testify.

I'm starting to think tests scoring us 165 may not be accurate. That a properly certified, properly read test doesn't score one very high.

Skwim

Veteran Member

Not to put you down in any way, but because your brag you're a good author you do leave a bit of doubt:

Almost everyone has something we're they are superior. ["where" ?]

There's too many measures that don't line up. [disagreement between subject and predicate]

I'm 134 on the WAIS-II, my last test; [missing comma before a parenthetical expression]

My working memory is 1 in 2000, and I have had schizophrenia which lowers it, so without my schizophrenia it's even higher.
[missing comma in a compound sentence] [missing comma before a coordinating conjunction]

But maybe the mechanics of writing, grammar and punctuation, are simply your weak spots among otherwise excellent writing skills, which I'm going to assume is the case. :thumbsup: So hang in there and keep on self-publishing.

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Not to put you down in any way, but because your brag you're a good author, you do leave a bit of doubt:

Almost everyone has something we're they are superior. ["where" ?]

There's too many measures that don't line up. [disagreement between subject and predicate]

I'm 134 on the WAIS-II, my last test; [missing comma before a parenthetical expression]

My working memory is 1 in 2000, and I have had schizophrenia which lowers it, so without my schizophrenia it's even higher.
[missing comma in a compound sentence] [missing comma before a coordinating conjunction]

But maybe the mechanics of writing, grammar and punctuation, are simply your weaknesses among otherwise excellent writing skills, which I'm going to assume is the case. :thumbsup:

Maybe you just don't understand us schizophrenic people and the challenges we face, and just want to stir the pot.