• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone except Hillary Clinton is a Russian Asset

Cooky

Veteran Member
Hillary Clinton has just accused two Democratic candidates of being Russian assets. Surely we can't let Russia effect our elections, so the conclusion seems to be to eliminate anyone or anything Russia would ever want or do..! Even if that person or thing has no actual Russian ties.

Ultimately, Russia may or may not be the devil... We just don't know... But isn't it possible that our own paranoia of Russia, can have more of an influence on American elections than Russia ever actually could?

Gabbard fires back at Clinton suggestion she's Russia's pawn

Last edited by a moderator:

Cooky

Veteran Member
Who else here is as afraid of Russia as much as Hillary Clinton seems to be? And if you are, are you willing to make changes to our election process in anticipation of Russian meddling, which may, in effect, alter the election results based on that fear?

Or is it better to just carry-on as normal..?

Last edited by a moderator:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Obsession with Hillary Clinton - business as usual.

Exaggerating what she said to the point of being a lie - well Trump does it every day so it's OK for his supporters - business as usual.

Ignoring Trump's continual accusations of a legion of people for similar kinds of things - business as usual.

36e315e641600125dad02d49f4df8869.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hillary Clinton has just accused two Democratic candidates of being Russian assets. Surely we can't let Russia effect our elections, so the conclusion seems to be to eliminate anyone or anything Russia would ever want or do..! Even if that person or thing has no actual Russian ties.

Ultimately, Russia may or may not be the devil... We just don't know... But isn't it possible that our own paranoia of Russia, can have more of an influence on American elections than Russia ever actually could?

With the guy in the Whitehouse doing the same thing every day of his life she has a good example to follow so its business as usual for American politics,

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I guess the question we have to ask ourselves now is whether there's any candidate who isn't a pawn of a foreign government.

I remember the allegations against the Clintons regarding the Chinese. I suppose if we don't vote for the pro-Russian candidate, then we can vote for a pro-Chinese candidate or maybe a pro-Israeli candidate or a pro-Mexican candidate - or pro- some other country that is not America. Are there any truly untainted, purely pro-American candidates?

I suppose one way to tell might be to analyze their proposals and platform and see if it contains any indication of favoritism of one foreign country over another foreign country. That would be the test, to see if someone is truly pro-American or not.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Who else here is as afraid of Russia as much as Hillary Clinton seems to be? And if you are, are you willing to make changes to our election process in anticipation of Russian meddling, which may, in effect, alter the election results based on that fear?

Or is it better to just carry-on as normal..?

I don't see that there's any particular reason to fear Russia at this point, at least not from an American point of view. There are no active territorial disputes between the US and Russia and no particular reason for us to be at odds right now. (There was no real reason for us to be at odds during the Cold War, other than our own war-mongering leadership anxious to find something to fight about. It's somewhat the same nowadays.)

Historically, Russia's main foreign policy aspirations (other than direct defense of their territory, which is no small matter), have been been to secure an outlet to the sea with a year-round ice-free seaport - and to retake Constantinople for Orthodoxy. Despite the fevered imaginations of American policymakers concocting paranoid tales of "Soviet expansionism," the Russians never had any designs on world conquest.

So, there's never been valid or legitimate reason for Americans to fear Russia.

In terms of alleged "foreign influence" in America, Russia is really small potatoes compared to the top countries involved in foreign direct investment in the US. (https://www.selectusa.gov/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015t0000000LKSn)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I wish I knew what she's talking about and why. Was this some sort of melt-down or what?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Exaggerating what she said to the point of being a lie - well Trump does it every day so it's OK for his supporters - business as usual.

Ignoring Trump's continual accusations of a legion of people for similar kinds of things - business as usual.

Business as usual ? It's only been one term.

!0]

Cooky

Veteran Member

LOL, did you even read the article..? What's the exaggeration..? Aside from Hillary Clinton's delusions that she's trying to spread that is.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Business as usual? It's only been one term. ;0)
Trump's entire political career has been dominated by his obsession with Hillary Clinton.
Probably because it rankles him having obviously lost the election to her.
He, and everybody else, knows that she was the American voters choice. He doesn't like having his "also ran" status, but "winning" because he can run a rigged system, so well demonstrated in front of the whole world.
Tom

Eta ~I watched Hillary on the late show with Stephen Colbert last night. First time I've seen her on TV since the election. I'll bet Trump was fuming....~

Cooky

Veteran Member
Trump's entire political career has been dominated by his obsession with Hillary Clinton.
Probably because it rankles him having obviously lost the election to her.
He, and everybody else, knows that she was the American voters choice. He doesn't like having his "also ran" status, but "winning" because he can run a rigged system, so well demonstrated in front of the whole world.
Tom

Eta ~I watched Hillary on the late show with Stephen Colbert last night. First time I've seen her on TV since the election. I'll bet Trump was fuming....~

I don't think Trump had anything to do with hillary telling the media that two democrat candidates are Russian assets.