• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Every Hindu has a Family Goddess

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Janma Naskshatra - Shatabisha.
Shatabisha is referred to in Vedas as far as I remember. I will find out and let you know.
I am Kanya, Vrishchik. That is OK, but it is the 'varna' which has always amused me - Rakshasa.
Of course, I do not believe in 'phalit jyotisha'.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. I'm going to say my kuladevī is Saraswatī because I am musically inclined.
That is very nice, Jai. Saraswati vandana is the first thing that children in our family are made to remember.

"sā mām pātu Saraswatī bhagavatī nishshesha jādyāpahā"
(O Goddess Saraswati, please protect me and remove my ignorance completely.)
Mother Saraswati was kind to me and has removed my ignorance completely. :)

Edit: Or I could say in every brahmin family, because we have no strength other than education, 'Affirmative action' (reservation) keeps out half of opportunities out of bounds for higher castes.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's family Goddess is Matangi (also known as Modheshwari, Goddess of Modhera). Natural, because his family belongs to the village of Modhera. Modi at Modheshwari temple:

maxresdefault.jpg

Matangi (Sanskrit: Mātaṅgī) is a Hindu goddess. She is one of the Mahavidyas, ten Tantric goddesses and an aspect of the Hindu Divine Mother. She is considered to be the Tantric form of Saraswati, the goddess of music and learning." Matangi - Wikipedia

main-entrance.jpg

Modhera is also known for its ancient Sun temple. It was built after 1026-27 CE during the reign of Bhima I of the Chalukya dynasty.

sun-tempal-modhera3.jpg

Edit: Modhera has turned completely solar. The first village in India to be so. Modhera has a population of some 7,000 people.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
That is very nice, Jai. Saraswati vandana is the first thing that children in our family are made to remember.

"sā mām pātu Saraswatī bhagavatī nishshesha jādyāpahā"
(O Goddess Saraswati, please protect me and remove my ignorance completely.)
Mother Saraswati was kind to me and has removed my ignorance completely. :)

I haven't memorized it fully but I use this card I made for when I play or practice music. I light a tiny oil lamp and incense.

IMG_0392.jpg

This is my little music area shrine. It's just my computer desk. I play near the computer.

IMG_0391.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 1