• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever wondered why you are the way you are?

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Well, it my case, it must be genetics. Every week there are at least three or four stories in the press that are this... weird. The characters and subjects are completely different, but they all carry the same amount of... "Oh my God. I can't raise my children in Bosnia. I want them to be normal."

Enjoy...

Bosnian man angry with "funeral" no-show

A Bosnian Muslim man has written angry letters to all his friends to complain after only his elderly mother turned up for his funeral.

Amir Vehabovic, 45, faked his own death just to see how many people would attend. He then watched from the bushes as only his elderly mother turned up for the burial in the north Bosnian town of Gradiska.

In the letter, which he sent to more than 45 people, he said: "I paid a lot of money to get a fake death certificate and bribe undertakers to deliver an empty coffin. I really thought a lot more of you, my so-called friends, would turn up to pay their last respects. It just goes to show who you can really count on."

The fake funeral bears similarities to another incident in Bosnia last year. In July of 2006, Bosnian Muslim woman Harisa Efendic, 27, faked her own death to fast-track the process of getting her elderly father accepted into a nursing home. The plot was revealed when she stormed her own funeral to complain the wine being served was too cheap.

Bosnian man robs himself, baffles police for weeks

A Bosnian man robbed his own betting shop of 225,000 euros (300,000 dollars) in a calculated gamble that left police baffled for weeks, officials said Tuesday.

Police said they were left perplexed by the case in which Jakov Pinjuh, the owner of the "Williams" betting shop in the southern town of Siroki Brijeg, reported the theft of the money from a cashier.

They launched an intense enquiry, only to get an admission two weeks later from Pinjuh that he had staged the crime in a bid to test his "negligent" employees.

"We worked around the clock because it was the biggest 'robbery' we ever had," police spokesman Damir Cutura told AFP.

The workers were the prime suspects in the investigation, but Pinjuh later confessed that he himself had "hidden the money to see if his employees would even notice," said Cutura.

Police were to report the case to public prosecutors, who would decide whether to press charges against the betting shop owner.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Looking for employees? Don't look to Bosnia

Authorities in Bosnia and Herzegovina announced a plan this week to crack down on individuals attending schools or work with fake diplomas.

The problem, once thought to be minor, has proven to be far more widespread. Bosnian law only requires independent validation of diplomas when an employee is hired by an international company.

In 2006, a total of 402 Bosnian nationals were offered positions with companies based mainly in Western Europe and the Middle East. Routine investigations determined only 6 were found to have actually received the university diplomas they provided.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Djamila said:
Bosnian man angry with "funeral" no-show

A Bosnian Muslim man has written angry letters to all his friends to complain after only his elderly mother turned up for his funeral.

Amir Vehabovic, 45, faked his own death just to see how many people would attend. He then watched from the bushes as only his elderly mother turned up for the burial in the north Bosnian town of Gradiska.

In the letter, which he sent to more than 45 people, he said: "I paid a lot of money to get a fake death certificate and bribe undertakers to deliver an empty coffin. I really thought a lot more of you, my so-called friends, would turn up to pay their last respects. It just goes to show who you can really count on."

The fake funeral bears similarities to another incident in Bosnia last year. In July of 2006, Bosnian Muslim woman Harisa Efendic, 27, faked her own death to fast-track the process of getting her elderly father accepted into a nursing home. The plot was revealed when she stormed her own funeral to complain the wine being served was too cheap.

this one has me angry already. i had a friend who used to do so much of this kind of stuff, i wouldn't put it past her to try this very thing actually, it annoys the hell out of me.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
There is nothing to wonder about " why you are the way you are? "
All it needs is a simple understanding.
Life started from a single cell and slowly evolved through various forms of plants, animals to today what we are i.e. humans.
The difference between man all other forms or no-forms is that the humans have the intelligence to understand and can merge with its source i.e. nature, god, sunya etc which is not possible by the others.
There is no basic difference except that the mind of the humans which creates this differences and that mind itself is the barrier between man and its source and due to this lack of understanding that only a few men could meet/merge to its source like Buddha/Jesus/ etc.
The source of all forms & no forms is always present and the mind keeping man preoccupied with thoughts makes man to be absencet and as soon as the mind is stilled one is in union with life/god with every other form & no-forms.
Yes, the words here are difficult to understand but it is the way it is.
Next each individual is unique in time and space, no two persons can possibly be in the same time -space zone as he/she is there due to cause and effects or due to his/her KARMA. Whatever one does has its effect and the net result brings the person to that place through evolution.
Debates or differences are also mind created and so never is in union nor ever will be.
Love & rgds

Mike182

Flaming Queer
zenzero said:
Friends,
There is nothing to wonder about " why you are the way you are? "
All it needs is a simple understanding.
Life started from a single cell and slowly evolved through various forms of plants, animals to today what we are i.e. humans.
The difference between man all other forms or no-forms is that the humans have the intelligence to understand and can merge with its source i.e. nature, god, sunya etc which is not possible by the others.
There is no basic difference except that the mind of the humans which creates this differences and that mind itself is the barrier between man and its source and due to this lack of understanding that only a few men could meet/merge to its source like Buddha/Jesus/ etc.
The source of all forms & no forms is always present and the mind keeping man preoccupied with thoughts makes man to be absencet and as soon as the mind is stilled one is in union with life/god with every other form & no-forms.
Yes, the words here are difficult to understand but it is the way it is.
Next each individual is unique in time and space, no two persons can possibly be in the same time -space zone as he/she is there due to cause and effects or due to his/her KARMA. Whatever one does has its effect and the net result brings the person to that place through evolution.
Debates or differences are also mind created and so never is in union nor ever will be.
Love & rgds

... did you read the first post in the thread? :areyoucra

In the UK it is quite common for local radio stations to run competitions where listeners supply funny or stupid headlines for daft stories. With the fake death story for example, the old saying "dead but not forgotten" could be changed to make the headline "Forgotten but not Dead". These competitions are only possible due to the stories from Germany and the Djamila part of Europe, plus the occasional one from the USA where people seem good at finding inventive way of accidentally shooting themselves in the bum. I really hope that these people keep up the good work. Out local radio stations really need them!

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Phil Osophy said:
These competitions are only possible due to the stories from Germany and the Djamila part of Europe, plus the occasional one from the USA...

The Djamila part of Europe? Hahaha... :thud:

I am curious, though, what was your reference for Southern and Eastern Europe before me? LOL

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Djamila said:
I am curious, though, what was your reference for Southern and Eastern Europe before me? LOL

it was, and i quote: "somewhere over yonder" *points in what could be the direction known as east*

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Mike182 said:
it was, and i quote: "somewhere over yonder" *points in what could be the direction known as east*

Hehehe, "There be monsters"... :D

It always amazes me, though - given the horrid reputation Western Europeans have when it comes to knowledge of the East - how much they actually do know. In some countries they actually know enough to dislike certain ethnic and national groups - hahaha.

Before I encountered you I did not know that there was such a thing as Sounthern and Eastern Europe, but I am probably the least travelled person you will ever come across.